Home

TheSinner.net

University email on Linux

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

University email on Linux

Postby PostmanPat on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Due to my Windows computer becoming incapacitated, I am now using Ubuntu Linux (v10.10).

I would like to use Evolution to access my University email account via IMAP but I cannot seem to be able to set up. Any advice?
PostmanPat

Re: University email on Linux

Postby Fawksie on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:11 am

The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby cs204 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 am

Yes, I did but it still doesn't work at all. Who is using Ubuntu and Evolution and could give me the straight tip?
I already tried imap.gmail.com:993.
cs204

Postby Birdoswald on Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Haven't tried it myself with the university email account yet, but I have been perfectly able to set up my ordinary Gmail account in Evolution in Ubuntu. Maybe you can try the configuration on the Ubuntu wiki > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Using ... hEvolution
Birdoswald

Postby melvin on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Did you check the right authentication method? You will need to specify the Google-sided password, which is not the same as the one you use in to log into the Classroom PCs. What is the exact error message you are getting?
melvin

Return to Advice Please!