Home

TheSinner.net

Men's Hair Cut (where in town?)

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Men's Hair Cut (where in town?)

Postby jonh on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Any suggestions on where to go to get a nice mens hair cut (don't want to spend a fortune but don't require the cheapest place either)

What is that place that offers a free shot of whiskey with each cut like?

Thanks,
Jon
jonh

Re: Men's Hair Cut (where in town?)

Postby tomeholland on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:50 pm

They are alright - but I was never offered any whiskey (but it was 10am, so...)
tomeholland

Postby jollytiddlywink on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

There's a place on South Street just next to/behind the cheese shop. Johns, I think its called. I've been there several times and have always been satisfied with it. And its 7 pounds for students, if memory serves-certainly a reasonable rate!
jollytiddlywink

Postby wild_quinine on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 pm

jollytiddlywink wrote:There's a place on South Street just next to/behind the cheese shop. Johns, I think its called. I've been there several times and have always been satisfied with it. And its 7 pounds for students, if memory serves-certainly a reasonable rate!

We all used to go to John's back in the day. He used to make us tell him jokes, if he was in a good mood.
wild_quinine

Postby Haircut on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 pm

I have heard that this guy is good (being a woman I wouldn't know....) - near to Albany Park:

http://st-andrewsbarbers.vpweb.co.uk/
Haircut

Postby jonh on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 pm

went to john's today. cheap but terrible, worst hair cut I have had in years which is impressive since I have so little hair
jonh

Postby Traveller on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Sweeney Todd's in Woodburn Terrace is my current choice - not too expensive, long opening hours, and short queues. Ross used to have the second chair at John's.
Traveller

Postby Malla on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:37 am

Try Olivers next to the WH Smith (i.e. postoffice) on South Street. They are a friendly bunch and charges me 5 quid for a crew cut, which I believe is a student rate (just tell them you are a student). A little more time consuming hair cut would cost about 7 quid.
Malla

Return to Advice Please!