Home

TheSinner.net

Am I safe to go to London next Tuesday

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Am I safe to go to London next Tuesday

Postby Jing on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello, I'm from China. I have to go to london to extend my passport next Tuesday. Since there are riots happening in London, Am I safe to go to London next week?
Jing

Re: Am I safe to go to London next Tuesday

Postby Hennessy on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Best to start out on the edge of London, somewhere remote like Watford and just start digging. Dig until you're about 20 feet down - get out a compass and an OS map and check your position. You're aiming for Leicester Square - bang in the heart of London, the People's Republic has an enclave there where you should be safe.

It's going to be a long slog so bring some supplies - few torches, food supplies, a couple of hundred of your compatriots to do the digging, maybe a cheap DVD player and a worn copy of "The East is Red" so your guys won't burn out too quickly - make SURE when you hit the location it's early morning - not too early because they'll still be prowling around drinking stolen Lambrini, and not too late so it's rush hour and you get a black cab to the face as soon as you surface.

If you're in Trafalgar Square you done fucked up - remember the student riots? No way is a man with an East Asian complexion going to survive such brutal carnage in such a large central square- who knows what could happen! Same for anywhere else in London - if you end up in Croydon you might as well shoot yourself in the head - I would if I found myself there.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Return to Advice Please!