Home

TheSinner.net

Driving Lessons

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Driving Lessons

Postby Guest on Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:55 am

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor? Preferably one who doesnt drive a corsa or micra and it would be great if they drive a clio. Also what is the test route in Dundee like?
Thanks
Louise

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:53 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 23:49, 12th Sep 2003:
Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor? Preferably one who doesnt drive a corsa or micra and it would be great if they drive a clio. Also what is the test route in Dundee like?
Thanks
Louise

there was a thread about this months ago, but i've lost it.

one of the recommendations was DRM

http://www.drmdrivertraining.co.uk/location/fife_p.html

that's about it for what i know - i'm going to get lessons with them when i get back.

[hr]
I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby LG82 on Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:54 pm

Hiya

I'm having lessons with an AA instructor when I go back. I've had lessons with the AA all summer at home and I would reccommend them.

The cars are Ford Focus's and very nice indeed to drive.

Hope this helps

Louise
:-)
LG82

Margaret

Postby Vic on Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:02 pm

I've seen someone called Maragret giving lessons in St Andrews. Also, you should try the AA or RAC
Vic

Cost of driving lessons

Postby CORA on Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:13 am

From what I've heard, it is quite expensive to learn to drive in Scotland---no idea why. The instructor I'm with now is great and its only 15 quid an hour and he's great, very patient and funny. I've heard that its likely to cost at least 19 / 20 quid in Fife--is it true?
CORA

Re:

Postby LG82 on Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:39 am

In the case of the AA then you're right, at home (Newcastle) it costs £16/hr with the AA if you block book 12 hrs (£18/hr if you don't), but in St Andrews its gonna cost me £18/hr if I block book and £20/hr if I dont :(
BUT, I have to say I think its worth paying with the AA they have been excellent in all aspects. I was very nervous after having bad experiences with a cheaper local driving school at home but I have come on in leaps and bounds since learning with the AA.

Hope this helps

Lou
:-)
LG82

Return to Advice Please!