Home

TheSinner.net

Ladies~ Please answer this!

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Ladies~ Please answer this!

Postby MeS on Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:50 am

Hey~ This is for all the girls out there. How exactly is a bra supposed to fit? I bought a 36B yesterday, and my breasts are bulging out a little bit. I was wondering if the breasts are supposed to do this or if they are supposed to be totally covered by the bra cup. I just measured myself, and one website says that I should have a 34C with my breast measurements. Does anyone know how they are supposed to fit?
MeS

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:23 am

Try the guide in Argos:

http://www.argosadditions.co.uk/additio ... BRU9NKEGQ4

then try on both the bra it tells you you are and the cupsize above/below depending on how it fits.

Hope that helps :)
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:11 am

As to whether or not the cup should cover the entire breast depends largely on the style of bra.

Basically though, the lines should be smooth - if you put on a tight-ish teeshirt, are there strange bulges of flesh just above where the bra stops? Yes - then your bra is too small. Probably this is because the cups are too small, but check the other size as well [32, 34, etc. I forget what it's called].

Oh, and if your bra's too big, you'll know. You won't feel supported and you'll probably be able to stick a few socks in there.

Re:

Postby Sarah on Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:15 pm

Go to http://www.bravissimo.com as they have good advice on bra fitting.
Sarah

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:53 am

You waited until your breasts reached 36B before asking this?!?! (Typical male response I know!)

[hr]..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby beetlebum on Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:58 pm

[s]Paranoid wrote on 01:53, 30th Sep 2003:
You waited until your breasts reached 36B before asking this?!?! (Typical male response I know!)

[hr]..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...

Um...a 36B is a pretty average size. Still you prove the point that bra sizes are very confusing!

To the originator of the thread - did you manage to find your right size?
beetlebum

Re:

Postby Precious on Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:43 pm

Or try getting a professional fitting - most lingerie stores will do this for you.

[hr]Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Teeth! Teeth, my preciousss, but we has only six!
Precious

Re:

Postby Pussycat on Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:48 pm

Except that a lot of stores lie to you to try and be flattering like they do with clothes sizes.

The best way is to measure yourself like in the argos instructions - this gives you a basic idea, the band size should be correct though.

Then try on different cup sizes around your predicted size - it should be fairly obvious what is a good fit. You'l notice the difference straight away :)
Pussycat

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:23 pm

Basically,

If the underwire digs into the side of your breast, ie doesn't cover it totally then you have a cup size too small. If the bra isn't flat in the middle then you have the wrong number size. All bras are different sizes in different shops, so it is worth trying your own size, and ones bigger and smaller than usual to find the perfect fit

Re:

Postby Ann on Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:40 am

[s]Unregisted User MeS wrote on 20:44, 19th Sep 2003:
Hey~ This is for all the girls out there. How exactly is a bra supposed to fit? I bought a 36B yesterday, and my breasts are bulging out a little bit. I was wondering if the breasts are supposed to do this or if they are supposed to be totally covered by the bra cup. I just measured myself, and one website says that I should have a 34C with my breast measurements. Does anyone know how they are supposed to fit?

I hope you're not a guy!!
Ann

bra thing

Postby Secret Smile on Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:52 pm

You should just go and get a proper bra fitting! M&S do them...should clear your problem. Plus they'll give you advice and stuff.
Secret Smile

Return to Advice Please!