Home

TheSinner.net

2 bits i need help with

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

2 bits i need help with

Postby Rectalprobe on Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:30 am

Ok i need help with two things

(1)What should i do about the two fench guys we live with who are always stealing food and being complete hippocrites(dunno how u spell that word). Last week they put a notice up about a flat meeting regarding the food situation THEN PISSED OFF OUT THE FLAT TEN MINUTES BEFORE IT WAS DUE TO HAPPEN!!! They also left a large pile of dishes over the weekend and then put up a notice to us telling us to tidy our dishes!!Fucking twats!! What should i do??

and

(2)I have a dentsit appointment next week but im shit scared of the dentist!! How do other people get over this fear????Just the whole going into your mouth with sharp shiny things is quite offputting - plus my mate got his jaw broken by the dentist - not a nice site.

HELP!!!
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:38 pm

If you live in uni accom thesimple solution is to go see an RA or the warden. I pressume you do otherwise you'd prob knopw the guys better.

[hr]Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

For a cool webgame click here. Its free to join, jpls use the link though so i get recognition. Clicking on the link doesn't make you join it just gets you to the site. I don't get anything until you actualy join using this link so have a look and decide for yourself:

http://bcgdeaa1.memset.net/battlewang/r ... p?rid=5930
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Steveo on Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:45 pm

I used to scared of the dentist, then I changed my dentist. My new one is imeasurably better than the last, and now I have no problems going to see her.

I suggest going to a new dentist, or just sticking with it. Close your eyes and let them work.

As for the flatmates, you should threaten them with action (warden etc). Also, when they put up signs, rip them up and leave them in a visable location. That worked for me, both suggestions.

Hope it all sorts out for you.

[hr]"Strangers passing in the street.....by chance two separate glances meet"
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:54 pm

P.S.

Don't use the term fucking twits, i find fucknuggets works a lot better :p
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:50 am

I think you should grow up and try to make an effort to get on with your housemates. And who cares if theyre french? Thats so racist - you couldve just said "2 guys" They are stuck in a foreign country and with people like you around isnt helping them at all. If you are who I think you are, then you are the most ignorant person I have ever met in my entire life. We are all human beings here regardless of the country we come from, so just get on with it and make an effort. Scorn will help no one.

Re:

Postby bright smiles on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:51 am

Hmm, I'm not sure what advice to provide for the 1st problem. Maybe you could try puting up some rude accusing notices of your own or confronting them directly. As for food going missing, I have found 2 ways of reducing this problem in my kitchen. 1 is to only buy enough food to last a day or so. That way, there is never really anything to steal. But it does mean having to go to Tescos practically everyday. Similarly, I only buy really boring, healthy, diet no sugar or non-fat stuff, which frankly nobody wants to steal. IF it's still a problem, you should maybe consider keeping food in your room. I keep almost all my food in storage boxes under my bead, and for the fridge stuff, in this cold scottish weather, you can put it in a plastic bag and hang it outside your window.

Problem Number 2. Well, I have to say that it is perhaps worth looking into a different dentist if the one you've got hurts you. I used to have a lovely dentist who was very gentle. Then I had to change dentists and the new one was very brutal. I became so afraid of dentists I'd start crying and shaking the moment I got into the cahir. Then I finally changed back to my 1st dentist again, and am very happy seeing him again. Anyway, a VERY good method of preventing or at least reducing distressful dental appointments is to take great care in your dental hygiene. I know it may sound corny, but since I have started taking really special care in my teeth, I have not had anything needed done. I always use floss between every tooth, at least once a day, and use anti-bacterial mouth wash for about a minute before and after brushing, and I make sure I brush very thoroughly and preferably after every meal. I even brush my tongue! It helps eliminate bad breath and any nasty bacteria in your mouth, that aren't necessarily on your teeth. If I can't brush after a meal, I carry sugar-free orbit dental gum to chew. Since I took up this routine, everytime I have gone to the dentist, he has barely had to touch me. He has a look and just says, "Wow, these are in perfect condition. No need to do anything." So I suggest you try that. P.S. Always thoroughly brush and floss before going to the dentist. Always makes a good impression. Also, it gives you a lovely smile and fresh breath which is very attractive ;-).
bright smiles

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:49 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 13:08, 19th Mar 2004:
I think you should grow up and try to make an effort to get on with your housemates. And who cares if theyre french? Thats so racist - you couldve just said "2 guys" They are stuck in a foreign country and with people like you around isnt helping them at all. If you are who I think you are, then you are the most ignorant person I have ever met in my entire life. We are all human beings here regardless of the country we come from, so just get on with it and make an effort. Scorn will help no one.

Sorry do you live in adifferent world? Do you just instantly shout RACIST at anyone who mentions nationality? It is quite clear that the guy in no way offends them for being French, just that they steal his food and are rude about it. Grow up is not a term i think you used wisely. This guy is trying to get help for a problem he has, is that not the mature thing to do. I know if i lived some guys who stole my food and refused to stop i'd be breaking faces. Now thats immature, not asking for advice. So unless you have something constructive to so take your fucknugget self elsewhere.

P.S. I am only being harsh because you cried racist, when even if this guy is, it is in no way evident in this thread. Descirptive words are used everyday:that lassie with the long hair, the guy over there with the spectacles, those guys speaking french. There is no malice normally ment but guys like you reduce the punishment when a true racist speaks.

[hr]
Management: The art of writing like you know what you're talking about and making others believe it.

(munchingfoo comprehensive dictionary)

For a cool webgame click here. Its free to join, jpls use the link though so i get recognition. Clicking on the link doesn't make you join it just gets you to the site. I don't get anything until you actualy join using this link so have a look and decide for yourself:

http://bcgdeaa1.memset.net/battlewang/r ... p?rid=5930
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:11 pm

[s]Rectalprobe wrote on 11:30, 19th Mar 2004:

(1)What should i do about the two fench guys we live with who are always stealing food and being complete hippocrites(dunno how u spell that word). Last week they put a notice up about a flat meeting regarding the food situation THEN PISSED OFF OUT THE FLAT TEN MINUTES BEFORE IT WAS DUE TO HAPPEN!!! They also left a large pile of dishes over the weekend and then put up a notice to us telling us to tidy our dishes!!Fucking twats!! What should i do??

okay, lace all your food with laxatives
and sit back and watch the ensuing hilarity, or, the next time they steal any of your food, walk calmly up to them and say, in a very gentle but serious manner, that if they ever touch your food again, you will break their legs using Torquin, your prized cricket bat. even if you wouldn't they might still brick it.

[/b]

(2)I have a dentsit appointment next week but im shit scared of the dentist!! How do other people get over this fear????Just the whole going into your mouth with sharp shiny things is quite offputting - plus my mate got his jaw broken by the dentist - not a nice site.

HELP!!!

you should just go in and expect the worst, that way you'll be pleasantly suprised if its not as sore as you expect. It also depends on what treatment you are receiving- before christmas I had root canal treatment with a certain dentist in St andrews that shall remain nameless, and it was truly the most horrific experience of my life- it's rather disconcerting when you feel the dentist ramming 3 inch long spikes into your gum for some reason or another, and the pain, dear God...
The scariest bit of the whole ordeal was when the dentist placed a soldering iron in my mouth to melt the special metal material used to seal my tooth; to see smoke billowing from your mouth is not a pleasant experience- they had to give me two numbing injections for the pain as it was so intense...

But I'm sure you will be fine
Manic23

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:51 pm

last year i had two teeth removed by a dentist in st andrews. this was because i had had them removed with a hockey stick a month before, and couldn't really have two dead teeth in my mouth.

it wasn't the pain that was bad, but my anticipation of the pain. i had worked myself up into a fair state and had terrible visions of it, but it wasn't actually that bad.

it shouldn't be that bad.

when my dad was about 15, he had to have work done. the dentist told him beforehand "Don't worry, it's just a little prick with a needle."

"I know, but what are you going to do with it?" he replied. and was then on the receiving end of some severe pain from an angry dentist.

best of luck with the dentist, and don't get too stressed about it. before long, the stress will make you more stressed.
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby themanwiththehair on Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:34 pm

last year i had two teeth removed by a dentist in st andrews. this was because i had had them removed with a hockey stick a month before, and couldn't really have two dead teeth in my mouth.

it wasn't the pain that was bad, but my anticipation of the pain. i had worked myself up into a fair state and had terrible visions of it, but it wasn't actually that bad.

it shouldn't be that bad.

when my dad was about 15, he had to have work done. the dentist told him beforehand "Don't worry, it's just a little prick with a needle."

"I know, but what are you going to do with it?" he replied. and was then on the receiving end of some severe pain from an angry dentist.

best of luck with the dentist, and don't get too stressed about it. before long, the stress will make you more stressed.
themanwiththehair

Re:

Postby US'ImnotracistsoIusePC'A on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:06 pm

Oh come on, you must be taking the piss, or you're american. Eitherway stop being a tube, he only used it in a descriptive way. Ok it was unnessesary but then I would either assume that it was unintentional or that he's just being stupid himself. Being a racist is something different. A bit of advice that you and another thread poster whos IDENTITY is to be anonymous should take is to study what you preach instead of offloading idealist crap (crap since you don't beleive it yourself) on everyone else for petty mistakes. Grow up.
US'ImnotracistsoIusePC'A

Re:

Postby Rapunzel on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 am

I've seen two different dentists in St Andrews, and my favourite (the guy I've seen more than once) is the one with his surgery on South Street (upstairs and next door to Rock Sensations). Lovely man, really put me at ease. So if it's a particular dentist you're worried about, I'd recommend this guy. But I don't know what else to recommend, because I've never been scared of the dentist. I had some minor corrective surgery done a few years ago (first work I'd had done) and I was more impressed by the whizzy little noise the drill made than concentrating on the fact that I was having metal go where no metal had gone before. But I'm weird.

And as for the food... I'd suggest labelling it, but I think it's horrifically anti-social. Then again, if these are random flat-mates rather than friends you happen to be living with, you haven't got anything to lose. Apart from that, I think keeping your food in your room or just not buying very much were both good suggestions.

Good luck with both -- and look on the positive side. If your experience at the dentist is that bad, you'll be in too much pain to want to eat anyway, so it won't matter that your food's being stolen. But this isn't helpful, so I'll stop typing now. Which means I have to go back to my essay. Bugger.

But anyway.... best of luck with both.
Rapunzel

Re:

Postby Joesta on Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:19 pm

[s]Rectalprobe wrote on 11:30, 19th Mar 2004:

A good stern warning followed with a backup plan, i.e. lacing your food with chilli powder, should do the trick. Alternatively get a mini fridge, even though you shouldn't have to do that esp. when this is also YOUR flat, it may do the trick. You could also take their food.

and

HELP!!!

Explain to the dentist how you're feeling, I'm sure that they will be only too familiar with this problem and shall probably help you out.

[hr]
Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
Herbert Hoover (1874 - 1964)
Joesta

Re:

Postby Rectalprobe on Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:42 am

i]
[/i]

U think i care who you are???

HELL NO!!!

tit

I never meant it in a racist way, its just, to be quite honest, thats how me and the flat know them as we cannot say their names - they are pronounced funny.

BELL END!!!
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:58 am

Sorry I think I exaggerated just a bit there, it's just 'cos i'm stereotyped so much being an American. It doesn't help. I guess you should all talk about it, and please make an effort for their sake.

Re:

Postby Rectalprobe on Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:27 am

Sorry I think I exaggerated just a bit there, it's just 'cos i'm stereotyped so much being an American. It doesn't help. I guess you should all talk about it, and please make an effort for their sake.

well then why did you say it, and who do you think i am????
Rectalprobe

Return to Advice Please!