Home

TheSinner.net

Asking out the girl who seems perfect?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Asking out the girl who seems perfect?

Postby shyguy on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:17 pm

Ok, so now i've managed to pluck up the courage to talk to the girl i like and have been for 2 weeks, how do i take it the next step, how do i ask her out without 1) being scared and 2) sounding like an idiot?
shyguy

Re:

Postby katiem on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:59 pm

1.) Have a drink first
2.) Write down exactly what you are going to say before you say it and then practice it in your head a few times. Sounds corny, but works everytime.

Chances are, you won't sound like an idiot when you ask her out, only you will THINK that you sound like an idiot. I'm not sure how to get over that aspect of it, other than to follow my first bit of advice.
katiem

Re:

Postby loretta on Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:10 pm

Every girlis at least partially flattered when she gets asked out. Just ask her casually. It's be fine. Good luck and don't worry!!
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
loretta

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:35 pm

1) dont have a drink (unless you are both out drinking). If she can smell alcohol off you, she will be most unimpressed. Even one drink can do this!

2) try to be friends with her first. If you have a smooth flow of chat, she'll warm to you.

3) go for it! just suggest rather than ask. sometimes a definate commitment for a girl is a bit scary. If she declines, dont get upset or nervous, just keep chatting and play it cool!

Remember tho, quite often these things happen slowly over a long period of time. Wait until you feel confident - you will probably have a better chance then if ever.
Setsuna

Re:

Postby katiem on Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:20 pm

[s]Setsuna wrote on 18:35, 20th Mar 2004:[i]
1) dont have a drink (unless you are both out drinking). If she can smell alcohol off you, she will be most unimpressed. Even one drink can do this!

Why would she necessarily be unimpressed? Furthermore, it is possible to have a drink without reeking of alcohol. I wasn't suggesting downing a whole bottle of whisky, just a little something to calm the nerves. That doesn't mean getting drunk.
katiem

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:51 pm

you'd be surprised...
Setsuna

Re:

Postby Rrrr on Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:56 pm

arrange to meet her out (ie, you're out with your mates and she with hers)
ask her if she out that night, ask where, say you'll probably be out there too, go there, find her, chat, buy her a drink, meld your groups together a bit.
that's stage one, next time your talking mention how much fun you had or whatever, then ask he out for a drink or two, maybe keep it open, so that you can meet up with friends later.

if you're worried she won;t acceot a date, or feel that is too full on, make it as much un-like a date as you can - meet there, go separate ways after, other people, that kind of thing.

[hr]roll roll roll roll roll
squishity squish
[b:7vpvjwv1]Splat![/b:7vpvjwv1]
Rrrr

Re:

Postby agrees on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:04 pm

Yeah one drink can make you stink. Only sober people ever notice but you probably don't want to chance it :)

Just keep it casual and friendly. No worries.
agrees

Re:

Postby single on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:05 pm

What's the worst that can happen, it's not as if she's going to whip out a megaphone and announce that somebody's had the cheek to ask her out. In the famous words of the mexican guy out of Waterboy, 'You can do eeet!'.
single

Re:

Postby Tim Bisley on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:23 pm

The worst that can happen is that she'll laugh in your face, tell all her friends how embarrassed she was, and then everytime you see her you'll both feel awkward and weird. Don't do it unless you're drunk shyguy.
Tim Bisley

Re:

Postby benedict on Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:06 pm

'The worst that can happen is that she'll laugh in your face, tell all her friends how embarrassed she was, and then everytime you see her you'll both feel awkward and weird. Don't do it unless you're drunk shyguy.'

then she'd hardly be perfect & then at least you'd be glad that you found that out without wasting as much time.
benedict

Re:

Postby loretta on Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:19 am

Just go for it!!!!!!!!!!
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
loretta

Re:

Postby Rapunzel on Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:03 am

[s]benedict wrote on 20:06, 21st Mar 2004:
'[i]The worst that can happen is that she'll laugh in your face, tell all her friends how embarrassed she was, and then everytime you see her you'll both feel awkward and weird. Don't do it unless you're drunk shyguy.
'

then she'd hardly be perfect & then at least you'd be glad that you found that out without wasting as much time.
[/i]

Sure, she wouldn't be perfect, but that's not necessarily going to be any kind of compensation if this worst case scenario actually happens. It would still be mortifyingly embarrassing, and then not even worth it. I totally agree with what Rrr wrote earlier - if you keep it as casual as possible, there'll be less pressure and everyone will have more fun. Plus, then things have time to develop (which is always better than just jumping into a relationship with someone you like the look of) and even if a relationship doesn't result from it, a friendship might.

Good luck.
Rapunzel

Re:

Postby Cosmo's Moon on Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:39 am

Bloody hell, just ask her out! You don't get a lot of things in life unless you do your damndest to ask for them. Surely (as someone said earlier) if her reaction is awful you can avoid the bitch at all costs (sorry, it's the morning, I'm superfluously cranky. Bah.)

Anyway, good luck.
Mea navicula pendens anguillarum plena est.
Cosmo's Moon

Re:

Postby The Man Next Door on Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:33 am

[s]Cosmo's Moon wrote on 09:39, 23rd Mar 2004:
Bloody hell, just ask her out! You don't get a lot of things in life unless you do your damndest to ask for them. Surely (as someone said earlier) if her reaction is awful you can avoid the bitch at all costs (sorry, it's the morning, I'm superfluously cranky. Bah.)

Anyway, good luck.

Does it really matter that it's the morning? ;)

Good luck, shyguy.

[hr]
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.
The Man Next Door

Re:

Postby hohum on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:54 am

Get to know her first and then 1) you'l know if she is really for you, and 2) asking her out will be no big deal.

(and don't have a drink before to steady your nerves as even that one drink can make you stink of alcohol and it is most off putting!)
hohum

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:00 pm

Or forget the whole asking her out on a date thing and ask if she fancies a shag straight out.
[hr]I love cheese.
Bonnie

Return to Advice Please!