Home

TheSinner.net

Megabus to Edinburgh?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Megabus to Edinburgh?

Postby city slicker on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:31 am

I've just checked the Megabus website and can't find anything about the St Andrews to Edinburgh service, does it no longer exist? Big boo if this means the only bus service there now is the one that costs more and takes in half of scotland before finally arriving in Edinburgh about 3 hours later!
city slicker

Re:

Postby Rob Milsom on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:56 pm

According to the Megabus website, the service was withdrawn on the 20th September. If I were to be cynical about this, I would say that the reason was that it was undercutting the traditional service, coincidentally also operated by Stagecoach. Having had to take the X59 a few times last year, it was always more or less empty by the time that it got to St Andrews - the megabus always seemed fuller. Therefore, your only option is the traditional X59 St. Andrews to Edinburgh via the Gobi Desert, with much the same facilities as the Megabus at only two or three times the price. Sadly.
[i]Is tresa tuath na tighearna
Rob Milsom

NO more megabus :(

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:02 pm

If you go to something that says like recent news on the bottom right hand side of the website it says that the megabus from st andrwews to edinburgh and back ceased operation as from the 20th september! It sucks!! As you say know it has to be the crappy 3 hour journet to edinburgh which makes me feel sick when you get off the other end! Is there some way we can petition to get it back???!!!

[s]Unregisted User city slicker wrote on 09:13, 1st Oct 2004:
I've just checked the Megabus website and can't find anything about the St Andrews to Edinburgh service, does it no longer exist? Big boo if this means the only bus service there now is the one that costs more and takes in half of scotland before finally arriving in Edinburgh about 3 hours later!

Re:

Postby Campbell on Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:39 am

that is fucking shite
Campbell

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:47 pm

THAT SUCKS MAJOR ASS! I loved the megabus goddamnit! Not only cheaper but fucking faster what are stagecoach playing at!

[hr]IMAGE:www.pushposters.co.uk/new/thumbs/a/S_a06015.jpg
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

The joys of public transport in St Andrews

Postby Joesta on Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:54 am

[s]Slash wannabe wrote on 20:47, 7th Oct 2004:
THAT SUCKS MAJOR ASS! I loved the megabus goddamnit! Not only cheaper but fucking faster what are stagecoach playing at!

One of the guys at the bus station said that you can get it from Dundee. It appears that this is a win/win situation for the monopoly that is Stagecoach: either buy an £8 ticket from St Andrews - where you can be guaranteed to visit every small villiage / town in Scotland before finally arriving in Edinburgh 2 hours later - or get the Megabus from Dundee - about £3/4 return - in which case you really have to weigh up whether it is worth the time, travelling to Dundee, just to save about £2-3. I cannot wait until some other bus company comes to St Andrews, when we can expect a decent, punctual and cheap service; alas I shall have graduated by then since this is my final year.
Joesta

Return to Advice Please!