Home

TheSinner.net

WANTED: Somewhere to live next year

Looking for flatmates or accommodation? Post here! Please start your subject "Wanted" or "Available", and keep us updated if your circumstances change.

WANTED: Somewhere to live next year

Postby socksy on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 am

I seem to be in a bit of a pickle. It goes as following:
1) I need to be able to live somewhere
2) I do not have anywhere to live for next year

As you can see, this is a highly undesirable state of affairs. To rectify it, I have a number of avenues. Posting in this message board appears to be one of the more pleasant ones.

So. It is that time of year again; and indeed, perhaps also the time of year where nervous students may be searching out the coveted St Andrews prize — somewhere to stay. Though it is hard to say for sure. I never was certain what time of year it was supposed to be, and this whole "let's move the term dates to torture students by removing reading week" idea distorts the matter somewhat. It seems a house shortage

But I digress. Here's some details:

- I'm looking for a room to stay, or a flat, or flatmates. Anything that results in me living somewhere basically
- I'd prefer to live in a 2 person flat, but not adverse to more
- I'm going in to my 4th year, and would thus prefer maturer people — have lived with post grads in the past
- I'd like to pay less than £400pcm, probably in the region of £350 to £400 (obviously less would be good too, but this is St Andrews here)
- Preferably in centre of town or out west. Not past kinnessburn (my final year, would like to see what life is like on the other side…)
- I'm fairly tidy and reasonable, and would like the same
- I'm a computer scientist. This usually means my sleep is erratic at best.

So, if anyone can help in any way at all (potential flatmate, know a place, etc), I'd really appreciate it if you'd get in touch. I'm sure you're a lovely person. If not, then perhaps don't email me. Or do. Your discretion. Who knows?

My email is bjl7@st-andrews.ac.uk

Have a wonderful life :)
socksy

Re: WANTED: Somewhere to live next year

Postby socksy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 pm

I think I should clarify, having been contacted a couple of times regarding places available from January. This is for next academic year, so from Septemberish 2013. Sorry for any confusion!
socksy

Postby felixg on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey :)

maybe this is interesting for you viewtopic.php?f=11&t=85622
let me know if you need anymore information!
felixg

Postby socksy on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 pm

Still looking!
socksy

Postby eleonora on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi!

I'm kind of in the same situation, I am also going into fourth year next year (doing russian and modern history) and need to find some cheap accommodation in town (I am currently living in a family home but they want me to pay the whole summer and increase the rent next year so i would like to find a cheaper solution!!).

contact me at eg299 if you're interested we could meet and maybe try and find some place together
eleonora

Return to Accommodation