Home

TheSinner.net

in tesco's

Seen someone you fancy, or think you saw someone checking you out? Post a message to see if they want to get in touch...

in tesco's

Postby Guest on Thu May 04, 2006 7:32 pm

i saw you in tesco's at noon today. you were wearing jeans and a blue top, have green eyes and dark hair (tied back). i think you smiled at me; you have a beautiful smile.

Re:

Postby Your Mum on Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 pm

Don't you just love it... when you see people in tesco's.... it's like you see them once... smile..... and then that's it.... and for some bizare reason most of the time you never see them again.... :(

Quoting from 15:23, 4th May 2006
i saw you in tesco's at noon today. you were wearing jeans and a blue top, have green eyes and dark hair (tied back). i think you smiled at me; you have a beautiful smile.
Your Mum

Re:

Postby shadows and dust on Thu May 17, 2007 7:21 am

It's worse when you see someone on the street so many times that you convince yourselves that you know each other and grin away every time you see them...
shadows and dust

Re:

Postby Your Mum on Thu May 17, 2007 8:17 am

That sounds a bit freaky.... but hey.... maybe the other person will actually think that you are smiling at them... and then you might actually get to know them for real!!!!!!! lol!

Quoting shadows and dust from 08:21, 17th May 2007
It's worse when you see someone on the street so many times that you convince yourselves that you know each other and grin away every time you see them...
Your Mum

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu May 17, 2007 11:58 pm

I saw someone pay for all their shopping with pennies in the self service, took them about ten minutes

Re:

Postby fluffy on Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 am

I do that. I'm going to be one of those sweet old women who count out all their pennies into the cashier's hand and then lose count 5p off and have to start again.

[hr]

dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Sat May 19, 2007 10:11 am

Quoting fluffy from 10:43, 19th May 2007
I do that. I'm going to be one of those sweet old women who count out all their pennies into the cashier's hand and then lose count 5p off and have to start again.

[hr]

'Sweet' is not the word. 'Irritating', 'oblivious' or 'senile' perhaps.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Campbell on Sat May 19, 2007 1:00 pm

not as bad as people who use plastic to pay for things less than £10
Campbell

Re:

Postby 567 on Sat May 19, 2007 1:13 pm

Iv done that before!

The little angry blonde woman shouted at us, it took away all the satisfaction of the whole mission.

Theres many people who i see everyday on the street, who i serve at work, they smile and i feel loved!

Re:

Postby The Penguin Of Death! on Sat May 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Quoting campbell from 14:00, 19th May 2007
not as bad as people who use plastic to pay for things less than £10

What's wrong with that?! I find it saves money, stops me getting £10 from the cash machine and then frittering away the change from my shopping because it's lying in my purse.
The Penguin Of Death!

Re:

Postby Idealist on Wed May 23, 2007 12:43 am

The joy of Tesco self-service, you can use your card for a packet of chewing gum and a kit kat without feeling like a plonker!

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby Garnet on Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 am

i never cared what people paid with when i was at tesco. I often pay with my card, it's better than standing at the cash machine queue and then stuffing the change i get into my pocket, far simplier to put it on a card.

[hr]

so alive, so full of fire and music!
I joined the sinner in 1970 :-O
Garnet

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Thu May 24, 2007 9:53 am

Using plastic hardly takes up as much time as some as the old dears counting their pennies, anyway. GIVE THE SHRAPNEL TO CHARITY
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu May 24, 2007 5:08 pm

Quoting rob 'f*ck off' wine boy from 10:53, 24th May 2007
Using plastic hardly takes up as much time as some as the old dears counting their pennies, anyway. GIVE THE SHRAPNEL TO CHARITY

Last time I used the self service machines in Tesco, there was a woman there with one of those small trolleys full of groceries. She was slowly and deliberately scanning them in and loading them into bags, paying with handfuls of change, and starting again on another two bags. And she'd got a pile of stuff from the reduced section and was having to type in each UPC. One of the machines was off, and there was a fair queue, so I was there five minutes or so, and she still hadn't got halfway through the trolley.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby hmm on Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 am

Yeah I know what you guys mean. Waiting for like 5 or 10 minutes sucks. You know in cites, they do it all the time! Those city folk must be pretty depressed, considering how much our lives suck when we have to wait 10 minutes or so
hmm

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Wed May 30, 2007 10:43 am

Quoting hmm from 22:34, 29th May 2007
Yeah I know what you guys mean. Waiting for like 5 or 10 minutes sucks. You know in cites, they do it all the time! Those city folk must be pretty depressed, considering how much our lives suck when we have to wait 10 minutes or so

Very nice, but nobody was actually complaining about the waiting times, more about the people who cause them to be longer than they need to be.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Hal on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:03 am

Please insert cash or select payment type. Have you scanned or swiped your clubcard?
Hal

Re:

Postby Rilla on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Thankyou for shopping at Tesco.
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Anyone who wants a thoroughly disorientating experience should visit an American supermarket and use the self-service lines. Exact same system, same phrases, but a male American voice. Madness.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Idealist on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:04 pm

Quoting Hal from 11:03, 16th Jun 2007
Please insert cash or select payment type. Have you scanned or swiped your clubcard?

Arrgghh, I wish they would give you the option of turing that voice prompt off. If I worked at the self-service all day, I think I would actually go mad.

...Please scan your first item

[hr]

Idealist

Next

Return to I Saw You