Home

TheSinner.net

The way we were

Seen someone you fancy, or think you saw someone checking you out? Post a message to see if they want to get in touch...

The way we were

Postby Lilly on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:31 pm

I saw you on the uni homepage, in a photo of really bright people, you are like some welcome throwback to a golden age of Britain, how do you get your trousers up so high?
Lilly

Re: The way we were

Postby CheeseDaddy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:29 pm

What a hero, almost as much of a legend as Tweedman, although sadly Ive not seen him for several months.
CheeseDaddy

Postby Lilly on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Tweed and Wellington boots make this town a better place for all.
Lilly

Postby Ms. on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:14 pm

I am a friend of the person mentioned here. That is who he really he and that is lovely.
Ms.

Postby Hennessy on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Ms. wrote:I am a friend of the person mentioned here. That is who he really he and that is lovely.

really? REALLY? o.o
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby ct3012 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:40 pm

CheeseDaddy wrote:What a hero, almost as much of a legend as Tweedman, although sadly Ive not seen him for several months.

I seen TWO tweedmen the other day, walking along Market Street past the Raisin both smoking their pipes.
But then again, I could just be saying that to annoy people...
ct3012

Postby Abserdman on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:54 pm

ct3012 wrote:I seen TWO tweedmen the other day

SAW! You SAW two tweedmen!
Abserdman

Postby ct3012 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:49 pm

Abserdman wrote:
ct3012 wrote:I seen TWO tweedmen the other day

SAW! You SAW two tweedmen!

I'm choosing to blame that one on local colloquialisms.
ct3012

Postby CheeseDaddy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Two tweedmen, you must have done something good in a past life! Did they have tweed ties? The real Tweedman has a tweed tie, and golden pince-nez.
CheeseDaddy

Postby ct3012 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:06 pm

The first Tweedman is the one that I normally see pottering about the library with a leather satchel and, invariably, an umbrella. He has blonde-ish hair and is quite tall. The second Tweedman was with the First one, but was a bit shorter and rounder, and has dark hair. Both smoke a pipe, but Tweedman 2 was wearing a delightful jumper (on that occasion, I'm not sure if it is his signature attire or not), and a pair of mustard socks with his loafers.

I must have lead a very impressive past life for the gods to reward me in such spectacular style!
ct3012

Postby Fawksie on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:25 pm

I love this thread. It would be markedly improved by the addition of Tweedman pictures though.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby starsandsparkles on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:15 am

ct3012 wrote:The first Tweedman is the one that I normally see pottering about the library with a leather satchel and, invariably, an umbrella. He has blonde-ish hair and is quite tall. The second Tweedman was with the First one, but was a bit shorter and rounder, and has dark hair. Both smoke a pipe, but Tweedman 2 was wearing a delightful jumper (on that occasion, I'm not sure if it is his signature attire or not), and a pair of mustard socks with his loafers.

I must have lead a very impressive past life for the gods to reward me in such spectacular style!

Have you found them on facebook yet?
starsandsparkles

Postby ct3012 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:48 am

Not yet, but largely because I have no idea how to start looking. I'm pretty sure that searching 'Tweedman' wouldn't be very helpful and without actually going up to him and asking his real name, I'm stuck because I never see him with anyone (apart from when with Tweedman 2.0).
ct3012

Postby starsandsparkles on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 am

ct3012 wrote:Not yet, but largely because I have no idea how to start looking. I'm pretty sure that searching 'Tweedman' wouldn't be very helpful and without actually going up to him and asking his real name, I'm stuck because I never see him with anyone (apart from when with Tweedman 2.0).

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=37109851&ref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1087620190

There is a third tweedman too ^.^
starsandsparkles

Postby ct3012 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 am

The second link you posted is the third Tweedman I have seen, which means there's still one to find. Perhaps going through Tweedman 1's friends (4 of which are friends of mine as well, which I found funny but I'm not sure why) we'll be able to find him!

Nice researching!
ct3012

Postby starsandsparkles on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am

ct3012 wrote:The second link you posted is the third Tweedman I have seen, which means there's still one to find. Perhaps going through Tweedman 1's friends (4 of which are friends of mine as well, which I found funny but I'm not sure why) we'll be able to find him!

Nice researching!

Nick Scott, but his profile is private.

I really need to write my essay.
starsandsparkles

Postby CheeseDaddy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:00 pm

I think the first Tweedman described earlier is the 'real' Tweedman, certainly the one I was thinking of. Sat next to him on the train back to St A's once, he was dressed in full tweed (including tweed tie) and upon my sitting down whipped out his pince nez to scrutinise the FT. Then promptly fell asleep, absolute legend! I think I recognise the second one although cant be sure, the jumper and rotund physique combo seems familiar though. I didnt realise they hunted in packs, hmm, will necessitate adjusting the classifications. Unfortunately I dont think I've had the pleasure of spotting the third one, will keep my eyes peeled though.

In other news..... Tall Trousers spotted today in the library, sporting a particularly dashing waistcoat. Also seen recently with an endearing small dog in tow. Please radio in with other sightings.

Tweedman, gotta catch em all!
CheeseDaddy

Postby Freaker on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:55 pm

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:03 am

Tobias is a lovely chap.
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to I Saw You