Home

TheSinner.net

Canadian student needs help

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Canadian student needs help

Postby Canada rocks! on Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:06 pm

Hello all!

I'm a Canadian student, and I'm trying to decide what University I should go to next year. Lucky me, I got accepted to St Andrews, but I wanted to know more about it before I made a decision. I was hoping I could get some opinions on what the university is like. (The truth, please)

Thanks a lot!
Your canuck friend!
Canada rocks!

Re:

Postby princess on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:10 pm

I personally think it's just the best university, for me... it's a very small town, so if you would rather be in a big place don't come here. on the other hand there are all the benefits you get from living in a small place, people are friendly, you meet people you know all the time, plus you get to dundee, edinburgh and glasgow pretty quickly, so you're not completely stuck.

St. Andrews is at the sea and it's a very lovely town... the university itself is pretty good - it obviously depends on which course you want to take, but generally speaking it's one of the best in the UK, although some might deny this.

Go to the mani sinner site by clicking on the 'more stuff than you can shake a stick at' thingy on top, there you can find more info. Also look at at guide to st. andrews above!
princess

edinburgh or st andrews uni??

Postby Stacy on Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Hey guys!
I have a bit of a dilemma....I have only till the end of april to decide to attend either edinburgh uni (conditional offer) or st andrews (unconditional). I really can't pick between the two,and am hoping for some advice as to what you think is the best uni. Also, is there a shortage of part time jobs for students in st andrews?, as well as accommodation? What does the general atmosphere tend to be like, are people friendly and hospitable? And is St Andrews really as prestigious as it is made out to be?

Many thanks

Stacy
x
Stacy

Return to The Students' Association (Union)