Home

TheSinner.net

Union Bouncers....

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Re:

Postby annonymous1 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:38 am

Can anyone tell me the rules on how bouncers are allowed to a) talk to you, b) tyreat you, and c) are they allowed to intimidate you by 4 of them standing around you all telling you to hurry up?

I think the some of the bouncers are rude obnoxious people who don't give two £$%ts how they treat the customer, are far too young, and have a very bad attitude.

On the other hand, there are some very polite, well rounded and quite nice bouncers who are very easy to talk to and quite approachable. Unfortunately, these types of bouncer are few and far between.
annonymous1

Re:

Postby annonymous1 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:20 pm

I take it from the lack of response that the people in here must either not know about the memo reminding bouncers to be polite (yes, that small fat one with the yellow hair - he IS a shocker) OR that they think that bouncers have the right to treat you as they wish. On the contrary, they are no less bound to the principles of common decency as a customer services representative is - although judging by the modus operandi of some of the unions less well educated bouncers, I would hesitate to say that they know this.
annonymous1

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:48 am

I take it from the lack of response that the people in here must either not know about the memo reminding bouncers to be polite (yes, that small fat one with the yellow hair - he IS a shocker) OR that they think that bouncers have the right to treat you as they wish. On the contrary, they are no less bound to the principles of common decency as a customer services representative is - although judging by the modus operandi of some of the unions less well educated bouncers, I would hesitate to say that they know this.
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby annonymous1 on Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:50 pm

BUMP!!!
annonymous1

Re:

Postby Director of Services on Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:48 pm

You can come talk to me, Bonnie Ryder, the Director of Services, and Phil Hulse, Deputy Building Supervisor, about it.
We can be found on the middle floor of the Students' Association Building during the days.
Director of Services

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:37 pm

Quoting Director of Services from 00:48, 11th Apr 2005
You can come talk to me, Bonnie Ryder, the Director of Services, and Phil Hulse, Deputy Building Supervisor, about it.
We can be found on the middle floor of the Students' Association Building during the days.

Alternatively you could act on the advice given on this legitematised public forum, and make sure bouncers have had background checks and proper training, rather than the dubious claims of Mr. Magic Sandlan (a name he picked of many thought up by his peers on a drunken ight out, no doubt) that for his staff, (and I quote from his once glossy, but now tea-stained brochure,) "Being pleasant and patient is a necessity." A document of similar quality I'm sure you've stashed somewhere. Having completed four training courses at Aberdeen College, each member of the Saltire Haven LTD. Corporate Hospitality and Event Management, well to be serious, you've got to read it for full effect, though I'd have to say that I've noticed that on the whole they do a good job, they're occasionally let down by the odd irritated chap/chapess nearing the end of his/her shift, and this can spoil your overall experience of being "bounced." I'm sure all you would need to do is find the let-down individuals and ask that they be assigned to an establishment where violence is more welcome, and thus improve our overall feeling of wellbeing, 'cos Magic can't be there all the time.

[hr]

Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:55 pm

Yeah, don't bother reading the above post unless you've got qualifications in cryptology: just suffice to say that probelms that are known to exist can be easily fixed by elected representatives; without the need for angry students to come in person to see you; and fill your already hefty schedule; and potentially use up the time you could have used to fix what needed fixed.

[hr]

Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby snodgrass on Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:11 am

Quoting Director of Services from 00:48, 11th Apr 2005

Haha, you're joking right?

I recently spoke to you about a problem with the bouncers and you didn't want to know.

Bonnie, All I can say is that you bring new meaning to the word useless.
snodgrass

Re:

Postby Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!! on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:02 pm

I love Wee Dave (nae black hair Dave...although he's fine aswell). He is the best bouncer in St. Andrews. He does his job perfectly, professionally and looks fantastic in that uniform. Cya on Friday sweetcheeks!

Nicola x
Wee Nic the Dobber!!!!!

Re:

Postby paw paw on Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:35 pm

There is nothing wrong with the bouncers on the union, they are just doing their jobs (and look hot in their uniforms but thats besides the point :->). Why would they set out to annoy people by not letting them in? This thread is so stupid - wee nic the dobber has the right idea, i think if we are goin to have a thread about bouncers it should be about how hot they are.
paw paw

Re:

Postby Blondie515 on Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:11 am

to be fair i think the S3 blokes are mint, for the most part they are cheerful and polite and will have a bit of banter with you. I dont know who's idea it was to make people who have forgotton there matric cards do the birdy or amarillo dance in order to get in, but it has given me many hours of hilarity at my mates expense!!!!
Blondie515

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:21 pm

They may "look cute" as you say but;

1/ Most guys don't give a toss if the bouncers are cute, with exceptions or course ;>

2/ Being "cute" doesn't stop someone being an idiot

[hr]

[s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
http://www.magnificentoctopus.com/
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Director of Services on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:47 pm

I responded in such a way, asking them to see me or Phil, because several people asked whom should those who wish to make a complaint go and see.

Bonnie Ryder
Director of Services

Previous

Return to The Students' Association (Union)