Home

TheSinner.net

How do I do something about the library?

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

How do I do something about the library?

Postby joug on Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:59 pm

So who looks after the library?

I voted in the SRC elections (although I have no idea what those people actually do, apart from bicker - do we really need reps for womens and mens issues???) and I voted in the last AU elections, but who represents the students' views on the library?

It is one of the most important resources for students, and is frankly a disgrace. The opening hours at the weekend are extraordinary - many people do the majority of their work at the weekends and the library is barely open! It is also ridiculously understocked, and for arts students it is often easier to buy many expensive books than fight over books in the library.

Who do I tell this to? Who can sort it out? Please can someone do something!
joug

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:27 am

Hi,

Get in touch with Sarah Bertness, the SRC member for library and learning resources (slb42@), Alex Jennings, the SRC Education Officer (edu@) or me, Ben Reilly, the Director of Representation (dorep@).

Ben

[hr]

University of St Andrews Clothing - http://www.standrewsclothing.com
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby RJ Covino on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:29 pm

Fat lot of good that'll do, Ben - set this person up directly with the Library Users' Forum!

Or, better still, within a month and there'll undoubtedly be a vacancy for the head of the library and he/she could apply directly...
RJ Covino

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:33 am

Quoting RJ Covino from 14:29, 10th Nov 2005
Fat lot of good that'll do, Ben - set this person up directly with the Library Users' Forum!

Or, better still, within a month and there'll undoubtedly be a vacancy for the head of the library and he/she could apply directly...

i'M AFRAID HE'S RIGHT

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:56 am

Or email me at saultt@gmail.com

and I'll get back to you asap

also have a look at this:http://www.thesinner.net/mb/Main/thesinner/19915 I get slated at just about every corner, but that's just the sinner for you.

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 am

Of course, it's just The Sinner, nothing to do with people arguing with you because they believe you to be wrong. That'd be silly.

[hr]

Don't feel bad about yourself; every ladder needs a bottom rung.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 am

Quoting exnihilo from 02:16, 29th Nov 2005
Of course, it's just The Sinner, nothing to do with people arguing with you because they believe you to be wrong. That'd be silly.

well, maybe i'm just not so good at expressing myself. but there has been some sort of agreement with some of the things I've said about all sorts of stuff on here.

maybe I am tactless as some have pointed out, which may be something to work on, however - I must admit that some agreement is better than none, and thus why shouldn't i try to do stuff.

[hr]

Grandpa

Return to The Students' Association (Union)