Home

TheSinner.net

Theatre/ Writing

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Theatre/ Writing

Postby Brett on Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:22 pm

Hey there. I'll be starting at St. Andrews this September as a History major. I'm also very interested in Writing and Theatre- especially writing plays for production. I hear it has a great theatre program...how does one become involved with the theatre program? Can any student, even if he/she is not a theatre major, be involved in theatre shows? Thanks so much. Cheers!
Brett

Re:

Postby Hope on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:47 am

[s]Unregisted User Brett wrote on 01:13, 19th May 2004:
Hey there. I'll be starting at St. Andrews this September as a History major. I'm also very interested in Writing and Theatre- especially writing plays for production. I hear it has a great theatre program...how does one become involved with the theatre program? Can any student, even if he/she is not a theatre major, be involved in theatre shows? Thanks so much. Cheers!

Hi, I'm also new in September (IR and Englit) and really excited and I also love writing, drama and acting. I don't think that St Andrews offers a theatre major though - so don't worry about theatre major people taking all the opportunities.
Also apparently - or so the prospectus claims - mermaids actually funds about five productions a year. There shoul;d be toones of info about drama etc in freshers week anyhow.
Hope

I hope the prospectus doesn't say Mermaids funds 5 productions a year.

Postby Director of Services on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Because it's more like 40 productions that it gives resources and advice out to each year.

The Performing Arts Fund aka Mermaids gives or loans money, equipment, advice, expertise, training, administrative help, and more to mostly any group that would like to put on a theatre production. Subsequently, the performing arts here is quite active for a university wothout performing arts digrees. All students are members of Mermaids and you can sign up for their email list at the Societies Fayre on Sunday the 26th of September in the Students' Association Building.

Any questions for Mermaids can also go to mermaids@st-and.ac.uk
All will also be explained more in your Orientation Guide, which you'll receive when you get into town and at the fayre.
Director of Services

Return to The Students' Association (Union)