Home

TheSinner.net

About the Calendar Project

Secrets of St Andrews - A picture a day calendar for 2008-09. Discussions, ideas, inspiration.

About the Calendar Project

Postby Oli on Wed May 07, 2008 10:49 pm

The Calendar Project is all about fun. And secrets.

We’re asking our models to reveal a little something about themselves, and about St Andrews. Something fun. Something exciting. Something that not many other people know about. Something SECRET.

What kind of secrets? Well, that’s up to you – we reckon that everyone has a secret hobby, a secret passion, a secret skill. You might know about a secret place in St Andrews, or you’re involved in a secret relationship. You might want to reveal a secret about yourself, or maybe only give us a tiny clue as to what your secret is.

Whatever type of secret, we’d like to capture it in a photograph.

We’ve selected the best of St Andrews photographers, and together with your help, we’re going to create a 365 page calendar for the academic year 2008-09...

To find out more, and to get involved, have a look at http://www.thecalendar2009.com

The ultimate aim of this project is to raise money through sponsorship and sales for charity. Specifically the Joseph Salmon Trust - http://www.thejosephsalmontrust.org.uk
Oli

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm

We've also got a Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7018710959

And please add The Calendar as your friend on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37110005
Oli

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm

So...
I tell you what I like to do in secret, then you photograph it and distribute it to the world. Is that right?

Not to sound disparaging, but what if most people don't actually reveal their secret pastimes because they are perverted or socially unacceptable? I guess a secret pastime like paedophilia or locking your teenage daughter in an underground basement facility wouldnt be "chocolate box" enough for the calendar? Or what if they are secret precisely because they are more fun that way, that also is destroyed by inviting a model to photograph your closeted obsession.

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed May 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Well obviously if it's THAT secret, then perhaps it's best kept that way.

But if it's a secret skill, secret hobby, secret passion, or a secret place, then that's what we want to see.

It's all meant to be fun and light hearted, so those who want to keep their deep dark secrets hidden and private can do so.

We're not aiming for "chocolate box", and would be quite happy to help share a darker secret, as long as it doesn't breach the taste and deceny rules that we've set (we're not going to be showing anything that you wouldn't expect to see during an afternoon at the beach).

So what we're asking is:
"What secret would you like to share in a photograph?"

Alternatively, you can be photographed and still keep your secret - just give us enough to keep us guessing as to what your secret is.
Oli

Re:

Postby Jay on Thu May 08, 2008 12:17 am

Ah, I was wondering what had happened to the Calendar...
Now I know.

[hr]

Friends applaud, the comedy is over. (Beethoven, on his deathbed)
Friends applaud, the comedy is over. (Beethoven, on his deathbed)
Jay

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Thu May 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Will it fare better than last year's attempt?

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Do you think you could capture the essence of 'I am almost a fourth year and still don't understand how to use the library'?

[hr]

You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon May 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Yes. Yes I do.

[hr]

DrAlex

Return to The Calendar Project