Home

TheSinner.net

someone make me do work, PLEASE!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

someone make me do work, PLEASE!

Postby KateBush on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:05 pm

i would say its a friday thing, but i've been like this since i got back....just CANNOT be arsed. Anyone got any suggestions?

It's the same old, ever year...we get lulled into a false sense of security,thinking we can just fanny about like we do in weeks one and two, and then, some time round week 3 or 4 we realise that SHITE there are LOADS of things to do, and no time to do them in. I know this will happen. Yet I am powerless to lift myself out of this abyss of apathy.BOO HISS. It's the weekend...I don't want to work! But I have to cos I've got to read a play by Monday and present on it.

anyone else find it impossible to work ner or on the weekend?
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby md25 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:27 pm

Get off the internet and start working you worthless lump of flesh.

More?
md25

Re:

Postby tintin on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:41 pm

As I said last night, you have my number and call me at any time if you need to - even if I'm at work. Good luck!
tintin

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:43 pm

Pay me in Erdinger and I will sit behind you (while drinking) and lambast you until you work. You'd have to sign a waiver but I guarntee results.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:50 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 17:43, 8th Oct 2004:
Pay me in Erdinger and I will sit behind you (while drinking) and lambast you until you work. You'd have to sign a waiver but I guarntee results.

If you would also sign a waiver so that I couldn't be held responsible for anything I did to you because of what you were saying, would you be willing to do that for anyone? Sounds quite interesting...

[hr]
Deadlines aren't flexible. Sleeping patterns are.
Marco Biagi

thankyou one and all

Postby KateBush on Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:00 pm

Still can't manage it, but atleast now I have the excuse of flu.

[hr]The rose of all the world is not for me
I want for my part
Only the little white rose of Scotland
That's sharp and sweet and breaks the heart
--Hugh MacDiarmid
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:03 pm

[s]Marco Biagi wrote on 19:50, 8th Oct 2004:

If you would also sign a waiver so that I couldn't be held responsible for anything I did to you because of what you were saying, would you be willing to do that for anyone? Sounds quite interesting...

Perhaps sometime after your childish overtures at violence come to an end, it might be considered.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Saint Sal on Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:14 pm

Ten, that might not be violence he's threatening you with there.
Saint Sal

Re:

Postby echo on Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:39 pm

[s]KateBush wrote on 16:05, 8th Oct 2004:
i would say its a friday thing, but i've been like this since i got back....just CANNOT be arsed. Anyone got any suggestions?

Visit Dundee late on Friday, walk around the bars in the Hill town etc. If you want a career in this relax, you are on your way. I found a summer job labouring was a great way to motivate me. Another read the Sun or its ilk. Imagine being so brain dead you could believe it.
Scary huh?

[hr]
Manchester, so much to answer for
echo

Re:

Postby mottthehoople on Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:42 pm

[s]echo wrote on 21:39, 10th Oct 2004:
[s]KateBush wrote on 16:05, 8th Oct 2004:[i]

Visit Dundee late on Friday, walk around the bars in the Hill town etc. If you want a career in this relax, you are on your way. I found a summer job labouring was a great way to motivate me. Another read the Sun or its ilk. Imagine being so brain dead you could believe it.
Scary huh?

Not all labourer's are brain dead, i feel a bit of a generalisation going on thier. Where do you stop with the working man, Taxi driver's, Bin men. We can't all be fucking students, you pompous git.
mottthehoople

Motivation to commence working

Postby Joesta on Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:41 am

[s]KateBush wrote on 18:00, 9th Oct 2004:
Still can't manage it, but atleast now I have the excuse of flu.

[hr]The rose of all the world is not for me
I want for my part
Only the little white rose of Scotland
That's sharp and sweet and breaks the heart
--Hugh MacDiarmid

Think of all the bad things that will happen if you keep behind / don't bother with your studies: Career at McDonalds; having a 16 year old spotty manager; being layed off due to business cutbacks / streamlined managerial architecture / technology - automated burger feeding/cooking machine. Then think about being starving and homeless and having to ravage through the back-bins of your former employer (McD's) trying to scavage any remains of dirty thawed burger pate with hair and other unpleseantries stuck to it. Has that helped motivate you, it sure has helped me. Get to work!
Joesta

Re:

Postby echo on Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:44 am

Not all labourers are brain dead.

I never said or meant that, I meant anyone who reads and believes the Sun is. I have a friend who flunked Uni, he started reading the Sun for the Sport. Five years later in a crap job, he has transformed from a thinking human into a right wing (although votes labour) anti immigrant hang em n flog him bore.

I worked as a labourer, IMHO the people who do this live work long hard hours for very little money. In fact, their standard of living is less than most students, whats more they are stuck with it for life. Its a shitty job, the folks I worked would love to do something else. I also worked as janitor and in a engineering factory. I never met one person on the shop floor who said "I like this job and find it rewarding".

Taxi driving is quite a lucrative career if you own your own car, its driving for people which is shit.

We can't all be students, true thats why it motivated the hell out of me to work hard. Both my parents left school at 16, took dead end jobs which they hate and are paid little for. My mum, has worked for 40 years and for 40 hours a week gets the minimum wage. I am pretty lucky by comparison.

[hr]Manchester, so much to answer for
echo

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:43 pm

I have give you a good 'work'-out if you like, babe

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:43 pm

[s]Joesta wrote on 03:41, 11th Oct 2004:
Think of all the bad things that will happen if you keep behind / don't bother with your studies: Career at McDonalds; having a 16 year old spotty manager; being layed off due to business cutbacks / streamlined managerial architecture / technology - automated burger feeding/cooking machine. Then think about being starving and homeless and having to ravage through the back-bins of your former employer (McD's) trying to scavage any remains of dirty thawed burger pate with hair and other unpleseantries stuck to it. Has that helped motivate you, it sure has helped me. Get to work!

Those can all happen if you have a degree as well...especially now a days.

Re:

Postby Miz Manda on Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:38 pm

I'm currently trying the thinkin of all the bad stuff approach and it's not working. Why the hell am I doing a theology module? I don't know anything about Dietrich bloody Bonhoeffer.

[hr]Any act of anti-social insanity is immediately sanctified by the magic word 'charity'. As someone once said, if Hitler had invaded Poland 'for Spina Bifida' then everyone would have just let him get on with it.
Miz Manda

Return to The Sinner's Main Board