Home

TheSinner.net

not good enough for the MAN

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

not good enough for the MAN

Postby Your Mom on Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:41 pm

So it seems nowadays that not even regular everyday students will do for this entreprenuerial enterprise known as the university. I sat in wonder and amazement as today an entire camera crew pulled up to the front steps of my beloved Atholl. And then what do I see but these three students whom I've never seen before in my life. And I hear from the camera crew towards my person, "excuse me please move along, we don't want YOU in the picture." Not sure until I got inside and consulted with my friends what was going on, but oh no the university was shooting good ole John Burnet Hall with a bunch of fuckin nobodies in place of us. What the hell is this madness? And then oh no another carload of charlatans pulls up and they proceed to have them walking all across our front steps, laughing with each other and having a "golly gee" good time.

Now obviously I may seem like I'm crying a little bit, but wait til it happens to you in your hall. The place you make your own will be raped by the university for their own monetary gains. If who we are is not good enough for you, then do your commercializing elsewhere, I want no part of it. And yes that was me in the hardhat and goggles sticking my head out my window trying to get in the picture and at least give you some morsel of the truth of John Burnet Hall. Johanis is crying inside.

[hr]Is this a...what day is this?
-The Dude, The Big Lebowski
There was no point in turning back, fuck no thank you kindly.
-Raoul Duke
Your Mom

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:17 pm

Well having lived in Atholl for my first year I can only express my disappointment that nothing was done to 'liven up' the event. I know that water balloon season is over but surely that would have been a good way to see them off!
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:47 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Re:

Postby tordenskjold on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:11 pm

ahhhhh Carolyn! Still with us! :) Well we can always count on your to bring a modicum of class to the Atholl. I'm sure your type would be thoroughly encouraged to take part in University propaganda! ;)
Kæmp for alt hvad du har kært,
Dø om så det gælder.
Da er livet ej så svært,
Døden ikke heller.
tordenskjold

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:06 pm

[s]CarolynSD wrote on 17:47, 13th Oct 2004:
I cannot imagine what would happen if we were invited to be in a university photo-either contraband or nudity would surely show its face...

what does the face of nudity look like?

[hr]
It's now who you know, it's who who you know knows
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Tyler Fincher on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:23 pm

What were they actually filming for? Fiction, non-fiction, news (ie, a bit of both :P)?

[hr]IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG
Tyler Fincher

Re:

Postby OffHeGoes on Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:03 pm

maybe they just didn't like the look of you...

but then again entreprenuerial enterprises are without a bout the worst kind of enterprises.
OffHeGoes

Return to The Sinner's Main Board