Home

TheSinner.net

The ten most annoying groups of people in St Andrews....

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Your Mom on Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:38 pm

Just so people like BIG X or whatever don't fuck on like that do, I will say now I thought this up in about 3 minutes of seeing the original posts on it. This was obviously going to be a controversial post from the beginning like that one about 100 most powerful people or that one that said (way to go for this one) Time to Slag Off Whoever. Point is I have some...points of my own (yes you twat Big X, thought up in three minutes time.) From the top of my list, I start with Empress. Your vegan delights are appreciated at Tesco's some but not the need for subject of text. On the subject I have no cluedo in the world what Somerfield is or where it is; maybe I've just missed it in the map of St. Andrews. The Tesco Checkouts are tough because when you scan somehting and then look for the bar code on something else it will go to the screen that says please place your item in the bag and you won't be able to scan anything until that it's done. Ohhhhhh Von Dutch. Now this von dutch being a racist misognystic hillbilly's name I'm not entirely sure of so I won't critcize it (though I do resent the name hillbilly you prolly English or Yankee cunt) but otherwise I hate girls wearing TRUCKER HATS. Von Dutch is only the short of it. We guys with long hair had only one choice before this craze and that was the trucker hat because otherwise we looked stupid. Now every designer has ruined our good old fashioned brands like John Deere, Budweiser, & Chesapeake Bay Bridge. As for wannabe yahs, yes there are a few of them but I will admit some would confuse me for one though I think the name goes a bit further than it should. It applies more to a way of thinking and a way one acts rather than how much money their daddy has. Neds are cunts. Nuff said but they will get their just deserts at christmas when we all attack them in full form. Bad drunks are needed. They balance us other...OK..drunks. The bar staff are understood but I know I've done it at parties at home and it is rough I will say that. But I will also say they do have relatively good memories. HOW DARE YOU insult mohawk? Mohawk as Mathshawk I understand not but Mohawk is a good man and not to be fucked around with or you'll be having Los Del Mar at the bop for the rest of the year. As for the other list, I say good form in posting them even though I didn't read any past BIG X's crap list (sorry Kate Bush, I usually value your work.) As for unregistereduser mytwocents, don't bitch about people's texts above you, come up with own shit for pete's sake. Flossy knows the truth. The most annoying group of St. Andrews is da nuh nuh...and most of you will be very mad at me as I have made this point over and over again (most pertaining to school vs. uni), but...the NITPICKY people. I dont' care as you shouldn't if I mispell something or call something different than what the norm is. Sorry for that last one but it's the only one of all these that really gets to me. Slater.

[hr]Is this a...what day is this?
-The Dude, The Big Lebowski
There was no point in turning back, fuck no thank you kindly.
-Raoul Duke
Your Mom

Re:

Postby Dirac on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:05 am

[s]Your Mom wrote on 22:38, 5th Nov 2004:
Just so people like BIG X or whatever don't fuck on like that do, I will say now I thought this up in about 3 minutes of seeing the original posts on it. This was obviously going to be a controversial post from the beginning like that one about 100 most powerful people or that one that said (way to go for this one) Time to Slag Off Whoever. Point is I have some...points of my own (yes you twat Big X, thought up in three minutes time.) From the top of my list, I start with Empress. Your vegan delights are appreciated at Tesco's some but not the need for subject of text. On the subject I have no cluedo in the world what Somerfield is or where it is; maybe I've just missed it in the map of St. Andrews. The Tesco Checkouts are tough because when you scan somehting and then look for the bar code on something else it will go to the screen that says please place your item in the bag and you won't be able to scan anything until that it's done. Ohhhhhh Von Dutch. Now this von dutch being a racist misognystic hillbilly's name I'm not entirely sure of so I won't critcize it (though I do resent the name hillbilly you prolly English or Yankee cunt) but otherwise I hate girls wearing TRUCKER HATS. Von Dutch is only the short of it. We guys with long hair had only one choice before this craze and that was the trucker hat because otherwise we looked stupid. Now every designer has ruined our good old fashioned brands like John Deere, Budweiser, & Chesapeake Bay Bridge. As for wannabe yahs, yes there are a few of them but I will admit some would confuse me for one though I think the name goes a bit further than it should. It applies more to a way of thinking and a way one acts rather than how much money their daddy has. Neds are cunts. Nuff said but they will get their just deserts at christmas when we all attack them in full form. Bad drunks are needed. They balance us other...OK..drunks. The bar staff are understood but I know I've done it at parties at home and it is rough I will say that. But I will also say they do have relatively good memories. HOW DARE YOU insult mohawk? Mohawk as Mathshawk I understand not but Mohawk is a good man and not to be fucked around with or you'll be having Los Del Mar at the bop for the rest of the year. As for the other list, I say good form in posting them even though I didn't read any past BIG X's crap list (sorry Kate Bush, I usually value your work.) As for unregistereduser mytwocents, don't bitch about people's texts above you, come up with own shit for pete's sake. Flossy knows the truth. The most annoying group of St. Andrews is da nuh nuh...and most of you will be very mad at me as I have made this point over and over again (most pertaining to school vs. uni), but...the NITPICKY people. I dont' care as you shouldn't if I mispell something or call something different than what the norm is. Sorry for that last one but it's the only one of all these that really gets to me. Slater.

-The Dude, [i]The Big Lebowski

[/i]

That was incredibly hard to follow as a piece of text.
Dirac

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:08 am

[s]Dirac wrote on 00:05, 6th Nov 2004:

I'm glad it's not just me with my sleep deprived brain that thought that!

[hr]
Yum! Pencils!
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby meh on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:47 am

1. People
2. In
3. Cinemas
4. Who
5. Talk
6. Throughout
7. The
8. Entire
9. Fucking
10. Film

And, relatedly, if you were among the group of people sitting behind me at the 8:30 showing of The Grudge tonight; fuck you, too.
meh

Re:

Postby Your Mom on Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:19 am

Dirac your wit is that of Ron Weasley. But similarly I do agree that when very drunk (as you Dirac were prolly not, sitting in your mum's basement,) it is very, very hard to read as one full thing. I would edit it for the crowd in the morning but I feel there will not be a crowd in the morning as not that many fuckers really read the Sinner. Later y'all.

-The Dude, The Big Lebowski
There was no point in turning back, fuck no thank you kindly.
-Raoul Duke
Your Mom

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 am

[s]exnihilo wrote on 13:46, 5th Nov 2004:
I can't be bothered to think of 10, nor would anyone care if I did, but I think one of them would be people who quote the whole of someone else's post for no bloody reason.

Thank God somebody said it; admittedly in this case I'm guilty of it too, but when one quotes a short point that happens to comprise the whole of someone's post, I don't think it applies (ot isn;t for no bloody reason, for a start).

However, I do think that making an entire post without paragraph breaks is bloody hard to read, and thus is also not exactle comme il faut.

As regards KateBush's point, I may be guilty of several of her ennumerated transgressions, but KateBush is generally wonderful anyway so far be it from me to dispute anything she should say.

[hr]
"Fiat justicia ruat colelum (Let justice be done though the heavens may fall)" - Judge James Horton (family motto)
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby KateBush on Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:09 am

David, you don't transgress any of them! I'm not on about ALL debaters with the empire thing, just certain 'characters', shall we say!

You are not anywhere on my list!
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby someone on Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:32 am

Ahem.

[s]KateBush wrote on 21:20, 4th Nov 2004:

3) the yah set who look through you when you smile at them on hope street

Hey, be fair. I hate looking at people I don't know, because occasionally you'll get that stupid feminist chick who goes, "Ohmygosh, that guy was so totally undressing me with his eyes" even though it was merely a passing glance.

Women: fear them.

4) the people who refuse to take on board a different opinion, even if you can prove what you're saying is valid.

Meh. Depends on your fundamental assumptions about shizznat. Try making normative claims to a nihilist... see how far you get. It's a fun game!

6) those who go on and ON about the empire (debates dinners, anyone?)

Great pizza.

7) Hacks who pretend to care about things but actually when a student really needs help, are nowhere to be found (BUGGER OFF!)

I totally agree. I'm a guilty of it myself... it's not that they pretend to care, some of them DO care. Dave Vinton, Louise Hallman, and Ben Reilly to name a few... very passionate people who do their jobs damn well.

They just don't have TIME to care because they have work, socs stuff, 25 hours' a term doing bop duty (Bonnie, thanks so much for following the constitution...not) and fulfilling their hacky remit or doing hacky infighting.

8) The yah set who look, act and dress like they're in their mid 50s. come on people, be YOUNG! Who needs tweed and pipes at our age?!?!?!

I need tweed, and lots of it. Tweed is the new baggy. Soon, all the "home-boys" in the hood will be wearing it.

Pipes aren't bad, either. They give you that wonderful taste of 'baccy goodness, and burn the roof of your mouth.

[hr]
Disco Inferno.
someone

Stand and Deliver

Postby Big X on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:59 pm

Your Mom (thats mum, by the way),
much of what you have said is valid, and just for kicks, i respect what Mohawk has done in the union, and the way that he got so involved in the union full stop. see you on the flip side.....

Love from the Cooler

Big X
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby Tryptophan on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:09 pm

[s]someone wrote on 10:32, 6th Nov 2004:

A lot of mindless waffle including this gem :-

They just don't have TIME to care because they have work, socs stuff, 25 hours' a term doing bop duty (Bonnie, thanks so much for following the constitution...not) and fulfilling their hacky remit.....

Foxtrot Oscar, idiot. You knew what was involved when you ASKED for the post you have (you wouldn't have put yourself forward/applied if you didn't want it) ...... don't whine about it now.

As for your "25 hours a term doing bop stuff" thats a f**king laugh....want to explain your comments overheard outside V1 on Monday/Tuesday regarding the Sunday Filmsoc event??...which oddly coincidentally took me and a friendly other ent over 25 bloody hours in one DAY between us to plan/rig/cable/test/run and derig. Which was just part of some 200 and something manhours between Ents, the ever patient porters and assorted other union staff over the Halloween weekend.

Again, we knew what was involved with working for Ents Crew, so the above is _not_ a complaint/search for attention, just a quick snapshot of the amount of unseen time a simple event like a bop or two can take.

....or doing hacky infighting.

Hmmmm, can't possibly guess where most of your time goes. IMAGE:wired.st-and.ac.uk/~minotaur/rolleyes.gif
Tryptophan

Re:

Postby someone on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:59 pm

[s]Tryptophan wrote on 13:09, 6th Nov 2004:

As for your "25 hours a term doing bop stuff" thats a f**king laugh....want to explain your comments overheard outside V1 on Monday/Tuesday regarding the Sunday Filmsoc event??...which oddly coincidentally took me and a friendly other ent over 25 bloody hours in one DAY between us to plan/rig/cable/test/run and derig. Which was just part of some 200 and something manhours between Ents, the ever patient porters and assorted other union staff over the Halloween weekend.

First,the comment--- You're referring to the "showing movies to a large crowd and charging fees is tantamount to copyright infringement" matter... that, I think, is actually illegal, although as I am not at all versed in British copyright law, I am not qualified to comment. I advised the individual who asked me about that to seek counsel if he or she wished to pursue the matter.

As for ents crew, they quite simply kick ass for volunteering their time, something that I am more reluctant to do for the Association as I already volunteer for the Overseas Society and I give up something on the order of 8 to 10 hours a week to the Association. For Bonnie to turn around and penalize me on Bop duties--- for not being in the Union during freshers' week--- is bad enough, on the one hand because she's trampling on the constitution (Chair doesn't do bop duties because he's non-voting, like the Senate reps or officers who have not yet begun their terms), and on the other because it's kind of bitchy to say, "yeah. You were in the USA earning money so you can eat during the year, and volunteering for a human rights organization. Here's a 5-hour penalty... oh wait, 7 hours because we have a late license now." I have every right to whinge: imposition of penalties outwith the framework provided by the constitution of the Association is a big no-no in my book.

(When they "no-confidenced" me a few weeks ago, I was also interning for the University. I sometimes wonder if some people realize that work does exist outside of a Union.)

Hmmmm, can't possibly guess where most of your time goes. IMAGE:wired.st-and.ac.uk/~minotaur/rolleyes.gif

Any hacky infighting I do has an end goal in mind, that goal being (primarily) fixing and invigorating the policymaking and representational apparatus of the Students' Association. If I have to be a bit of a jerk to pull it off, so be it.
someone

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:46 pm

This is a horribly fascistic thread
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Superiorjames on Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:23 pm

[/i]
[/i]

Nice to see you are still around Sir Dirac, one has made a rather constructive point there. Is thou missing the character that is Mathshawk?
Superiorjames

Re:

Postby Insight on Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:15 pm

Regarding the film copyright issue , since the Union i technically a member's club, and not a free for all (strictly speaking) I think it therefore, is allowed to do whatever the Hell they like re: film nights.

I could be wrong though.
Former SRC Member for Sexualities & Gender
Current Dumbfounded fool of Hospital-Land
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101378
Insight

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:44 pm

[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:
4. People who spend a fuck load of time looking at pointless material on the computers in the library while a large queue gathers.

Some people don't have the internet at home, what else are they supposed to do if they want to look at pointless material?
thePontificator

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:49 pm

I actually believe that - recalling copyright things - it really doesn't matter what you do, if you're charging people to see something which has a valid copyright and you're not giving your dues to the holder of said copyright, they can fuck you up.

Of course with enforcement being 9/10th of copyright, it's not really a particularly pressing matter but still for a Union that prides itself on ethics etc.

Anyway, yes - this thread has become carcrash viewing. I do hope it continues over reading week.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby niall on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:04 pm

[s]Insight wrote on 17:15, 6th Nov 2004:
Regarding the film copyright issue , since the Union i technically a member's club, and not a free for all (strictly speaking) I think it therefore, is allowed to do whatever the Hell they like re: film nights.

I could be wrong though.

last year when LOTR was shown licenses were bought for both films so i'd assume filmsoc would've done the same
niall

Re:

Postby flossy on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:10 pm

FilmSoc aren't charging you to see a film- they charge you membership. So it doesn't infringe copyright as the film itself is "free".
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:44 pm

[s]Steveo wrote on 11:40, 5th Nov 2004:
[s]KateBush wrote on 21:20, 4th Nov 2004:[i]
6) those who go on and ON about the empire (debates dinners, anyone?)
It is one of the greatest achievements of the British People and something to be very proud of.
[hr]
[s]What a beautiful world this will be .... what a glorious time to be free[/s]
[/i]

Is that a joke?

Invading countries where the natives are armed with, as the esteemed Captain Edmund Blackadder put it, little more than Sharpened mangos. Yes, what an achievement!

Anyway I thought the greatest achievement of Britain/England was winning world cup '66, judging by the amount of time it's mentioned on TV
Manic23

Re:

Postby KateBush on Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:57 pm

ah, good old manic....howr ya? havewn't seen you on these here boards for a while. i see you echoing my views once again! :)
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board