Home

TheSinner.net

The ten most annoying groups of people in St Andrews....

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

The ten most annoying groups of people in St Andrews....

Postby Tarquin on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:00 pm

Today we have compiled the most exclusive list in the east neuk of fife. This list has come to define the meaning of being a student in st andrews, and proposes to revolutionise the way we think...maybe. Feel free to comment and extend the following list...

1. People who constantly lay into the yah community without actually making an effort to get to know any of them.
2. People who are so obsessed with a style of music that they cant appreciate other peoples tastes. And then think that they are better for it.
3. Neds who try to enjoy themselves by attempting to intimidate the student populus...and fail miserably.
4. People who spend a fuck load of time looking at pointless material on the computers in the library while a large queue gathers.
5. Bad drunks.
6. People who have no idea how to queue at bars for drinks....and bar staff who have no mental recollection of who is next to be served.
7. People who shop at somerfield.
8. People with no ability whatsoever to operate simple self service checkouts in tesco. How hard can it be?
9. People who prance around in Von Dutch caps thinking they look cool...when in fact, the brand is shit and has no style. Fine if you are a real celebrity, not a no-body strutting around in the bop.
10. Those who do not apppreciate the teachings of the great MATHSHAWK.

Hope this clears things up.
Love and kisses,
Tarquin and Big X
Tarquin

Re:

Postby kevwired on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:26 pm

[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:

....and bar staff who have no mental recollection of who is next to be served.

It is hard to know who to serve next in a busy bar.......
kevwired

Re:

Postby Raindance on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:29 pm

Have you ever worked a bar? Do you know how difficult it is to remember the order in which people come to the bar when it's three deep all the way along and you're rushed of your feet? I don't think you do mate. I'll bet you're one of the people who refuses to look you in the eye, never says please or thank you and leaves a scattered pile of change in a puddle of beer on the bar by means of payment for some ridiculously complex cocktail, the pouring of which takes two minutes, in which three people could've been served but instead the queue has doubled the order has been totally forgotten!

By the way, there is only one annoying group of people in St Andrews: the superficial, intolerant buch of bastards who feel the need to pigeon-hole groups of people. Can we not just get on with our own lives?

(Edited for crappy spelling)
[hr]
I love this mess
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby Wong on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:32 pm

Actually I think people are getting more competent at using the self-service checkouts. Last weekend it was noticeably faster than before, bar a couple of beginners still struggling.

[hr]No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Big X on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:40 pm

[s]Raindance wrote on 17:29, 2nd Nov 2004:
[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:[i]

Have you ever worked a bar? Do you know how difficult it is to remember the order in which people come to the bar when it's three deep all the way along and you're rushed of your feet? I don't think you do mate. I'll bet you're one of the people who refuses to look you in the eye, never says please or thank you and leaves a scattered pile of change in a puddle of beer on the bar by means of payment for some redeculously complex cocktail, the pouring of which takes two minutes, in which three people could've been served but instead the cue has doubled the order has been totally forgotten!

By the way, there is only one annoying group of people in St Andrews: the superficial, intolerant buch of bastards who feel the need to pigeon-hole groups of people. Can we not just get on with our own lives?[/i]

Raindance, i apologise if i've pissed you off, and no i have never worked in a bar, only the officers mess. i always make a point of saying thankyou and hardly ever order cocktails, especially if its busy. i have the greatest respect for all those in the bar trade who put up with drunken tossers, especially efficient barstaff. i may get tarquin to remove the bar staff part of the post......

Regards from the Cooler

Big X
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:56 pm

What's wrong with shopping at Somerfield? Although I haven't been there yet myself.

[hr]
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 pm

I can't see a problem with Somerfield either, apart from the fact that it would takes ages to get there if I could be bothered.

[s]queen of scots wrote on 17:56, 2nd Nov 2004:
[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:[i]

What's wrong with shopping at Somerfield? Although I haven't been there yet myself.

[hr]
[/i]
Bread Roll

Re:

Postby Raindance on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:13 pm

[s]Big X wrote on 17:40, 2nd Nov 2004:

Raindance, i apologise

That felt good. Say it again!

i may get tarquin to remove the bar staff part of the post......

Damn straight!

Apology accepted. Just had to get that out of my system.

[hr]
I love this mess
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby benedict on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 pm

'People who prance around in Von Dutch caps'

Dutch caps? are we talking Ann Summers parties?
benedict

Re:

Postby the Empress on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:46 pm

I don't get why shopping at Somerfield is bad - it's closer to me than Tesco. Plus, Tesco's getting a bad rep - they double prices for a week on a product, then drop the price back to the original amount claiming it's on special offer! (this is illeagal as the price has to have been increased for at least 4 weeks before the shop can claim they've reduced an item). Their (own brand) organic products also contain more fat and salt than non-organic products, (unlike other supermarkets - Asda said they'd at least investigate the discrepency in their products, others have equal amounts of salt/fat in orgainic and non-organic foods).
the Empress

Re:

Postby Big X on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:48 pm

[s]the Empress wrote on 18:46, 2nd Nov 2004:
I don't get why shopping at Somerfield is bad - it's closer to me than Tesco. Plus, Tesco's getting a bad rep - they double prices for a week on a product, then drop the price back to the original amount claiming it's on special offer! (this is illeagal as the price has to have been increased for at least 4 weeks before the shop can claim they've reduced an item). Their (own brand) organic products also contain more fat and salt than non-organic products, (unlike other supermarkets - Asda said they'd at least investigate the discrepency in their products, others have equal amounts of salt/fat in orgainic and non-organic foods).

Good Point, Well made Empress, indeed you could say that it was 'empressive', ho ho. Food in hut 4 doesnt really live up to much, mainly bully beef and biscuits, the red cross parcels do make a difference though.

regards from eastern germany

Big X
"Never apologise for showing feeling, in doing so you apologise for truth" Disraeli
Big X

Re:

Postby md25 on Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:06 pm

[s]benedict wrote on 18:16, 2nd Nov 2004:
Dutch caps? are we talking Ann Summers parties?

Nah, we're talking about people who like to have a racist, misogynistic hillbilly's name plastered over their tits.
md25

Re:

Postby falach on Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:23 pm

[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:10. Those who do not apppreciate the teachings of the great MATHSHAWK.

what the fuck is the obsession with mohawk?!
falach

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:05 pm

[s]falach wrote on 22:23, 2nd Nov 2004:
[s]Tarquin wrote on 17:00, 2nd Nov 2004:[i]10. Those who do not apppreciate the teachings of the great MATHSHAWK.

[/i]

i dunno but it's starting to piss me off
Mohawk

Re:

Postby NeilSJFC1884 on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:08 pm

The reason people slag yah "culture", is the exclusivness and snobbery which appears from this section of the student population.

And anyways its natural i dislike yahs, considering they pay the dreadful prices the westport etc charge for drinks, will i worry if i can afford a night out in the union the week before loan day.
Don't tick the void box. Yeah its labeled "Conservative" this year....
NeilSJFC1884

The zeroth group of annoying people

Postby Zarathustra on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:24 pm

0. Those who post lists of the ten most annoying groups of people in St Andrews on The Sinner message boards.
Zarathustra

Re:

Postby Tarquin on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:42 pm

[s]Zarathustra wrote on 23:24, 2nd Nov 2004:
0. Those who post lists of the ten most annoying groups of people in St Andrews on The Sinner message boards.

A rather witty comeback...not sure if I will be able to surpass the skills displayed in that post!!!
Tarquin

Re:

Postby oddly familiar on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:04 am

[s]Mohawk wrote on 23:05, 2nd Nov 2004:

i dunno but it's starting to piss me off

Maybe its cos you actually make constructive replies to people's posts about the union??
saru mo ki kara ochiru
oddly familiar

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:57 am

ten most annoying..

1. know-it-alls.
2. those who do no work but still get 17s or above in their assessments
3. the lazy types.
4. the smelly types.
5. the incompassionate types.
6. rich bitch mofos who refuse to mix with people from lower class backgrounds.
7. japanese people (i share a kitchen with a few and the place stinks of rice and the sink is clogged up with it!)
8. those who travel every bloody weekend.
9. the university staff - ALL of them (teachers, officials, workers etc)
10. those who are up in the middle of the night making noises and not giving a damn about the other people who are trying to sleep - yes, you party types, i'm referring to you!

thats my 10.

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:57 am

[s]Raindance wrote on 17:29, 2nd Nov 2004:
By the way, there is only one annoying group of people in St Andrews: the superficial, intolerant buch of bastards who feel the need to pigeon-hole groups of people. Can we not just get on with our own lives?

Well said!

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board