Home

TheSinner.net

Sick

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Sick

Postby Miz Manda on Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:55 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/21/kenned ... index.html

Good press for Scottish business.

[hr]Any act of anti-social insanity is immediately sanctified by the magic word 'charity'. As someone once said, if Hitler had invaded Poland 'for Spina Bifida' then everyone would have just let him get on with it.
Miz Manda

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Its not that bad, is it?

[hr]Take part in conservation work around the globe next summer - Bute Lecture B, Tuesday 23rd November, 5pm.
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Miz Manda on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:46 pm

"Points are awarded or subtracted based on how accurately the shots match the official version of events as documented by the Warren Commission, which investigated Kennedy's assassination.

Shooting the image of Kennedy in the right spots in the right sequence adds to the score, while "errors" like shooting first lady Jacqueline Kennedy lead to deductions."

I'd say it's in fairly bad taste.

[hr]Any act of anti-social insanity is immediately sanctified by the magic word 'charity'. As someone once said, if Hitler had invaded Poland 'for Spina Bifida' then everyone would have just let him get on with it.
Miz Manda

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:02 pm

[s]Zombie Sheep wrote on 13:33, 22nd Nov 2004:
Its not that bad, is it?

The graphics are pretty good, though there's no guide as to when/where to shoot him so you'd have to be completely obsessed. Someone should buy it, and support noble Scottish enterprise. I for one am going to check my bank balance to soo if I can afford the £9.99 (about 64p) to unlock the game.

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby novium on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:24 pm

[s]Tweedle-Dum wrote on 15:02, 22nd Nov 2004:
[s]Zombie Sheep wrote on 13:33, 22nd Nov 2004:[i]
Its not that bad, is it?

The graphics are pretty good, though there's no guide as to when/where to shoot him so you'd have to be completely obsessed. Someone should buy it, and support noble Scottish enterprise. I for one am going to check my bank balance to soo if I can afford the £9.99 (about 64p) to unlock the game.

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
[/i]

I thought it was 9.99 dollars. (so what, five pounds or so?)
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

haha!!

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:32 pm

i think its quite funny

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:38 pm

[s]dunqn wrote on 21:28, 22nd Nov 2004:
Oh boo hoo, games far more "hardcore" are released every week. Where are people complaining about GTA:San Andreas et al?

There have been quite a few complaints about San Andreas from groups working to keep kids away from gangs and gang violence in the US. They mostly complain about it making the violence seem fun and cool when they spend their time trying to persuade the kids it's not. I was actually going to mention it just because Rockstar North (or DMA before the evil corparations got their hands on them), who produce the GTA games are also Scottish. Edinburgh based I think.

Why do people care more about this than about 150,000 other fake people in a game?

The answers in the question there, why would the general public care about fake people? We already know they care about JFK, he was generally well liked and is remembered very fondly by the US public.

You have to kill Robo-Hitler in Wolfenstein 1. I don't see a difference between firing a BFG at RoboHitler, and firing a rifle at a digital JFK.

You really, honestly don't see a difference? Between fighting a sci-fi fictionalised version of the most hated man in modern history, in a completely fictionalised scenario and recreating the real-life cold blooded murder of a well loved president? I think you might want to look a little bit closer.

I'm not saying I'm up in arms about the JFK thing but it's pretty obvious why people would be, saying otherwise is just daft.

Oh, and the game was called Woldenstein 3D, not 1. And the BFG is from Doom, not Wolf3D. Sorry, my inner geek needs to be heard sometimes.

[hr]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:49 pm

The BFG is not confined to Doom, it is also in Quake.

[hr][s]I am the gin man[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Wong on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:51 pm

I thought that the BFG disappeared in Quake, only to reappear again in its sequel as the BFG9000. And of course in Q3, where it's the BFG10K.

[hr]No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby Steveo on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:30 pm

It is still a BFG though.

[hr][s]I am the gin man[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:37 pm

I want it!