Home

TheSinner.net

Ambassadors?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Ambassadors?

Postby Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:19 pm

Hey, I might just be being really thick, but I've been hearing people talking about being in 'Ambassadors' Was just wondering what this is and how to get involved. Also, does anyone know how you get involved in doing the tours for prospective students? Thanks!

Re:

Postby Nature's Metropolis on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:45 pm

It's pretty easy to get involved. As far as I know they take on new ambassadors at the beginning of every year (I'm not sure if they recruit them at other times), and you don't need an interview, you simply fill out a couple of forms and sign up for work!
There are a variety of jobs you can do, from reception (welcoming people to the open days), to showing them around the town. It's the Admissions office on Butts Wynd that organise all the ambassadorial work, so ask in there. You also get paid £5.80 an hour which isn't bad, it looks good on your CV and you get to meet lots of new people! I really enjoy doing it and definitely recommend it. And wearing a big red fluffy gown strangely enough has its attractions.
Good luck if you decide to go for it.
'The English like eccentrics, they just don't like them living next door.'
Nature's Metropolis

Return to The Sinner's Main Board