Home

TheSinner.net

Blunkett Resigns

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Blunkett Resigns

Postby Zombie Sheep on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:09 pm

Is anyone surprised? I am not a labour supporter, but I think it is a bit of a shame he had to go. I really don't think he had to leave, I don't think speeding up a visa application is necessarily a problem.

[hr]Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability. And I want you to know we are with you until victory, until Jerusalem.
Zombie Sheep

Postby ever_nocturnal on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:10 pm

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:20 pm

It is when everyone elses Visa applications are being handled as slowly as humanly possible

[hr]http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Re:

Postby Robo on Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:04 pm

Usual British Politics, personal affairs and petty allegations (the speeding up of one visa application is incredibly petty) are regarded before whether or not an individual does a good job. A great shame.

[hr]"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." --Bertrand Russell

"There's not a doubt in my mind." --George W. Bush
Robo

Re:

Postby David Bean on Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:47 pm

My views can be found here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4099525.stm

Two thirds of the way down. ;)

[hr]"Fiat justicia ruat coelum (let justice be done though the heavens may fall)" - Judge James Horton (family motto)
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:55 pm

For people that can't be arsed, David wrote this: "Whilst it is difficult to know the full extent of the truth behind the claims against Mr Blunkett, it has to be said that this much of a cloud hanging over his reputation made it fairly inevitable that he would have to resign - especially considering the embarrassing contents of his book."

I would ask you mean by embarrassing, I mean, I find the Conservatives embarrassing but I'm not asking them all to leave their jobs, as much as I would appreciate the gesture.

[hr]Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability. And I want you to know we are with you until victory, until Jerusalem.
Zombie Sheep

David Blunket resigns

Postby Joesta on Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:55 pm

Hooray!
Best Christmas present ever!
Joesta

Slimeball

Postby MadDog20/20 on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:04 pm

I think he had to go. If I can live my life without cheating on people, having affairs or visiting prostitutes, I don't see why I can't expect the same of my elected 'representatives'.

MPs private lives should be out in the open. There should be no place in parliament for morally corrupt people, whether at home or at work.

God bless the tabloid press.

[hr]She's in a wheelchair,
But I don't care,
Cause she's a babe
I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem. ~Jerry Falwell
MadDog20/20

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:08 pm

Who cares about whether the person is gone? What I'd like to be rid of are the policies.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby camel club on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:14 pm

I thought MPs who have resigned / been forced to resign just got another job on the cabinet after the next re-shuffle or election. If that's the case he's only got 6 months to wait. More of a holiday than anything else.

I hope this means that we dont have to have ID cards tho.
camel club

Re:

Postby johness on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:18 pm

If he's proved to be a liar regarding his personal life and abusing his position he had to go. What an idiot.
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby Legion on Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:31 pm

[s]Marco Biagi wrote on 13:08, 16th Dec 2004:
Who cares about whether the person is gone? What I'd like to be rid of are the policies.

Yes! Remove the policies from politics! That'll make sense
Legion

Re:

Postby KayBee on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:00 pm

Unfortunately ID cards are apparently still still on the agenda. The immigration minister Des Browne is still in office and ID cards are his "baby." Incidentally Des Browne used to chair a committee for civil liberties...

Charles Clarke will simply pick up the baton and carry on where Blunkett left off (politically I mean, presumably not personally....)

Edit: just found this on BBC politics

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4101901.stm
KayBee

Return to The Sinner's Main Board