Home

TheSinner.net

mr st andrews

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

mr st andrews

Postby Rectalprobe on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Was just wondering when this hallowed event takes place???

Ikm mr bar staff you see and for some reason, god only knows why, i had the idea that i needed to know when it was and what i had to do!?!?!

Any info appreciated
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby camel club on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:06 pm

Mr St Andrews is always part of Rag Week. Is there anything in the sinner calendar?
camel club

Re:

Postby Tyler Fincher on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:32 pm

When is Rag Week? I'm supposed to be doing something for it, but I suddenly realised it may conflict with my other commitments.

[hr]IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG
Tyler Fincher

Re:

Postby JM on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:53 pm

[s]Tyler Fincher wrote on 18:32, 13th Jan 2005:
When is Rag Week? I'm supposed to be doing something for it, but I suddenly realised it may conflict with my other commitments.

[hr]IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG

What kind of things go on during RAG week?
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby sabra_girl on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:54 pm

I think it's the week immediately after the February reading week.

[hr]"I saw a bird fly its cage, Well its wings could take it anywhere, But I watched as it flew back from where it came..." - Sean Watkins
"There are not very many desires in life which we can actually meet. For instance, 'I want to meet the love of my life'. Probably not today! But 'I want a cup of coffee.' That I can do!" Chris Thile (Nickel Creek)
sabra_girl

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:13 pm

You are Mr Bar Staff?!?!

No, we want EWAN!!!!!! More real gingers and less wannabes!
Setsuna

RW05

Postby ragweek on Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:17 pm

Rag Week 2005 will start on Friday 11th February and run till Thursday 17th.

The final lineup is still to be announced, but Mr St Andrews will very probably be on Tuesday 15th.

For those of you who don't know, Rag Week is when the University Charities Campaign puts on a week of events, the proceeds from which all go to charity. This year we've got old favorites like the "Mr St Andrews" competition and our school-disco themed club night - "Behind the Bikesheds". But also, we've got new events like "Rags not Riches" - the University of St Andrews Charities Campaign Fashion Show. Last year we raised over £11,000 in the week and of course, we're hoping to beat that this year.

Keep your eyes peeled for more info coming soon.

:-)

Chris Marks
University Charities Officer
ragweek

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:31 pm

Wow my birthday is during Rag Week! These charities better not be taking away from the "My Birthday Present Fund"!!! I warn thee....
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:05 am

[s]ragweek wrote on 20:17, 13th Jan 2005:
Rag Week 2005 will start on Friday 11th February and run till Thursday 17th.

And while it will raise a good deal of money for very worthy causes, if you don't frequent the union, or this site, then, if its like last year, you probably will never know that it's on.

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:05 am

That kinda sucks, it crosses the weekend just before Valentines Day. Is it worth missing out on going to see a bf for? And is it a week off classes?

Re:

Postby Legion on Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:21 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:06, 13th Jan 2005:
And while it will raise a good deal of money for very worthy causes, if you don't frequent the union, or this site, then, if its like last year, you probably will never know that it's on.

Why don't you submit your name and address, and people from the Charities Campaign will call round every day (after ringing you to check if you're in), and they'll update you with all the information you need to know. They'll be on hand around the clock to answer any questions you might have.

Or alternatively you can actually LOOK for information instead of complaining that you're not being spoon fed!
Legion

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:32 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:32, 13th Jan 2005:
And is it a week off classes?

No.
Bread Roll

Return to The Sinner's Main Board