Home

TheSinner.net

Anyone else noticing the idiots outside Tesco?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Anyone else noticing the idiots outside Tesco?

Postby JM on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Has anyone else noticed the idiots who hang around outside Tesco at night? I saw one of the twats practically take a punch at a random guy walking past. Can't the staff get security or something to get them to move on? maybe im just moany but i cant be bothered with them incase they start on me or my friends.

[hr]"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby bramble on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:20 pm

Yeah the local school kids aka neds seem to like hanging out there - especially of a weekend. It is highly annoying

[hr]
I want to live, i want to leave, i want to open up and breathe; i want to go, i want to be, i want to feel it constantly, got to show, got to say, ive got a feeling that wont go away
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:19 pm

The noise from them was incredible - you could hear it everywhere in Tesco. Plus, a charity collection guy had moved into Tesco because of the abuse from outside. I noticed a lot of them had the buckie and they were bragging about what they had been sold.

[hr]Superman Beats Gally, Cockburn and Archer!
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:19 am

It always puzzles me why the police appear to turn a blind eye to these shitbags, even though they are in full view of the CCTV cameras and are clearly breaking many laws. I suppose its cos they are too busy hassling Superman to see if he's a member of father's for justice...

[hr][s]Have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?
You need butter, milk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:52 am

well, the police are hardly likely to arrest their own offspring.

;)
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Re:

Postby Lindsay on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:57 am

I think what should happen is to legalise the carring of swords in public but limit to those who can pass certain tests in etiquette, reason and intelligence, as they say, an armed society is a polite one and I'm sure most neds carrying stanley knives would think twice before messing with someone wielding a 48" longsword.

[hr]Think of me long enough to make a memory...
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Suulsa-Krii/givingad.gif[/img]
Lindsay

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:57 am

I think the police in st. andrews are hardly likely to do anything useful.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby md25 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:01 am

They've started to "hang" "out" at the end of the pier too. If you walk halfway up it and peer over the edge you'll get hollered at to "jump ya bastard". Immediately sir!
md25

Re:

Postby sparkler on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:12 am

Even if they are moved on by the police, they're just going to find somewhere else to hassle people (as has been proved in the fact they hang round the pier). Maybe a more permanent solution is needed...hehe...
Woah lads!
sparkler

Re:

Postby Scully on Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:27 am

It's bloody freezing in St Andrews- even more at night- why on earth do they want to stand outside anyway??
Scully

Re:

Postby rubbermuffin on Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:11 am

Bring on a curfew for under 18s!

[hr]
'When I was young PC meant Police Constable / Now I can't seem to tell the difference'
'If something has to change then it always does'
rubbermuffin

Re:

Postby princess on Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:20 am

one of the spat at me and thought it was funny !
princess

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:25 am

[s]Scully wrote on 10:27, 12th Mar 2005:
It's bloody freezing in St Andrews- even more at night- why on earth do they want to stand outside anyway??

Thats the whole point in drinking that poor-excuse-for-antifreeze that is buckfast

[hr]
[s]Have you ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow?
You need butter, milk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby johness on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:01 pm

^ from a self confessed tennants addict.

Princess, that's gross i'm sorry to hear you were spat on. I understand everyone else's grivances but can you imagine being a kid growing up here? there isn't anything better to do! so what if people are making noise outside tesco? as if you've never had a drink in public? it's ok for you to do it but not anyone else? fair enough its an issue if they cause significant disturbance or shout abuse but i think there's too many double standards appearing on this thread for my liking.

[hr][s]as i walk away, i look over my shoulder too see what i'm leaving behind, pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes fade, how do i show all the love inside my heart?[/s]
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:52 pm

We just need to get a giant mincer and feed them all into it, then we can use the mince to make burgers to give to homeless people, or we could mince the homeless pople as well and giv the burgers to starving africans. all depends on the charity that buys the mincer i suppose.

[hr]IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr][s]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies[/s]
[s]Website http://www.macintyre42.plus.com [/s]
Duggeh

Re:

Postby Pinky but Perky on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:52 pm

[s]johness wrote on 12:01, 12th Mar 2005:
^ from a self confessed tennants addict.

Princess, that's gross i'm sorry to hear you were spat on. I understand everyone else's grivances but can you imagine being a kid growing up here? there isn't anything better to do! so what if people are making noise outside tesco? as if you've never had a drink in public? it's ok for you to do it but not anyone else? fair enough its an issue if they cause significant disturbance or shout abuse but i think there's too many double standards appearing on this thread for my liking.

[hr][s]as i walk away, i look over my shoulder too see what i'm leaving behind, pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes fade, how do i show all the love inside my heart?[/s]

i totally agree with you about there not being enough to do here if you were growing up johness but at the same time there is no need to stand outside a shop (two shops if you consider the gift shop next to it) in the middle of market street and hurl abuse at folk just because they're able to walk into pubs and get drink there. it isn't fair on tesco's if you think about it because they rely on us for business and although they're not going out of business here it still looks bad on them if they have a bunch of teenagers standing outside their shop and hurl abuse at passers-by. in addition to this they're not just making students feel uncomfortable but the other residents of st andrews, which are a lot of old people (i see more old people than middle-aged folk here!) and for some OAP's its a bit daunting walking past teenagers who are willing to throw abuse at people just a few years older than them, nevermind people who are 50 years older than them. i completely agree that there should be somewhere for them to hang out and that the council should take this into mind but they must understand, and moreover so should the police, that market street is not just a shopping area but also a residential area. and also any parties that seem to be had by students are in their flats, which sometimes have gardens, and not outside Tescos where there are people walking past. They could sit in a park and drink like i did when i got denied from pubs or at the beach. it's true that there are a lot of double standards on this website but at the end of the day there is a lot of truth in what people are saying and not only that but a lot of practicality, especially on this thread.
(sorry for the essay!)

[hr]
the knack is finding a grape that actually looks edible....damn you Tesco!
the knack is finding a grape that actually looks edible....damn you Tesco!
Pinky but Perky

Re:

Postby The Badger Machine on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:42 pm

Are you people living in a dream world?
These people are not neds. Neds are actually scary. St Andrews is probably the safest place to live in Britain. So they shout the occasional bit of abuse, oh dear. If you say something back to them and get a bit of banter going they are actually really funny. Most of the time they just immitate the accents of all the yahs and as far as I am concerned people that are prepared to take the piss out of yahs should be encouraged.

I could see your point if there had been repeated stabbings outside tesco but there hasn't been. If you actually want to see neds go to Dundee, get the bus to the area around Dens Park and Tannadice and go for a wee walk or go to Glasgow and have a stroll around Possil Park, the Gorbals or Barrhead. Then you will see neds and not just kids hanging about which is what the people outside tesco are. I know for a fact that if I lived here I would hate the students and would probably spend most of my time taking the piss out of them like the kids outside Tesco do.
The Badger Machine

Re:

Postby yank on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:04 pm

Yeah, when my friend and I went and saw Dundee United play (a good game btw) we ended up in Tannadice. That neighborhood around the stadium is something...

[hr]"I am responsible to only God and history." - Francisco Franco
yank

Re:

Postby md25 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:15 pm

"Someone called me a name! WORST TOWN EVER!!!"
md25

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:37 pm

I wonder if these kids realise the utter patheticness of their hang-out spot. Maybe they'll realise it when they look back to their misguided youth after they reach our age.

"Yeah, man, our place, man, like the front of the Tesco Metro, we own that place. Nobody crosses us there, man."
Happy-Go-Lucky

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board