Home

TheSinner.net

Lord of the Flies: BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Lord of the Flies: BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!

Postby Chain Mailer on Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:52 pm

If you read this before 7:30 tonight you HAVE to go and see this production of Lord of the Flies. I went last night with some mates and it was brilliant! I hadn't read the book but my firends had and they were really impressed with the play as well.
The acting is perfect as you really start to sympathize with Ralphs gang and just want to smack Jack's gang around the faces!
The set up of the stage is excellent and huge applause to the director and stage manager *applause*
Can't think of anymore adjectives to tell you how good this play was! So go on! Go see it! last night is tonight (saturday) tickets £6 and it's at the boys brigade hall (you can be guided there from the ginhouse at 7:00)

[hr]Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby Rilla on Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:38 pm

I thought about going to see this alright, but then I remembered that I didn't actually like the book very much. It was so upsetting, and ever since then I dont eat pork. (People who know the book - that scene with the pig will just stay with me forever... unfortunately...)
So seeing these emotional scenes in real life would just not be fun i think.

[hr]
Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby steerpike on Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:30 pm

Does anyone know if ther are still any tickets left for it?
steerpike

Re:

Postby big_phil on Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:34 pm

it is bloody good-but im bias bcoz my best mates in it!
big_phil

Lord of the Lies

Postby Your Mom on Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:20 pm

Could the fact that the gay players were at it again decrease the amount of "old people" support. Did the underground old people movement get wind of the event and therefore push for quickwalking by the ticket stand, angry stares (in my direction for sure, or maybe they think I am gay?!), and perhaps even chanting (akin to that of the play) outside the venue of "Fuck off and die you bum rushers! Well unfortunately no and the play did sell out the last night so I guess it didn't matter if the Baptist pigs cared or not.
There was no point in turning back, fuck no thank you kindly.
-Raoul Duke
Your Mom

Re:

Postby Midget on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:13 pm

It was an utterly awesome play to be in thanks to Chain Mailer and the many others who came, really good audiences definetly helped make it a good show.

Am now in post production downer, no matter how bad it gets though I can still see the moon.

[hr]Kill The Beast! Spill Its Blood!
Midget

Re:

Postby Midget on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:21 pm

Oh yeah, getting to die on stage in a blood ritual is probably one of the most fun moments of my life but then i am rather weird.
Midget

Re:

Postby Canandrew on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:54 pm

Just like to second Midget's thoughts. Being in Flies was some of the most fun I've ever had on a stage. There's just something fun about spears and facepaint.

Thanks to everyone who came and watched the show, it was really wicked seeing so many people in the audience.
Canandrew

Re:

Postby killjoy on Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:41 pm

A Bloody good play (HA!)
killjoy

Mothercunters

Postby Your Mom on Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:15 am

Fine then ignore my post if you want to but you'll see, you'll all pay when the old people rise up. Town gown relations will crumble under the weight of their regime. Luckily I will be chairing the war committee.

[hr]Never be haughty to the humble. Never be humble to the haughty.
-Jefferson Davis
There was no point in turning back, fuck no thank you kindly.
-Raoul Duke
Your Mom

Re:

Postby Midget on Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:06 pm

Please can I be your minister for propaganda Your Mom?
Midget

Re:

Postby spewie on Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:17 pm

Can I be comms expert / transportation?

Market Street is pretty cramped and narrow, we might have to evac fallen soldiers without the use of our recently acquired Apache.

Town VS. Gown

have it!

ps. i'm not wearing a gown though!
[s]you can have it all if you want to[/s]
spewie

Return to The Sinner's Main Board