Home

TheSinner.net

James Baster and a Gun

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Why not start a gnu smuggling ring?

Actually the idea of Jamie making a gnu costume is too tempting.

I've found a cuddly gnu in Papa Growlers though...
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Do Gnus actually have on board flamethrowers or will Jamie get to decide where to put them himself?
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby monkeymadness on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I don't think the average Gnu comes equipped with flamethrowers as standard. However, there is an arguement to be made that due to ecological pressures Gnus were forced to evolve and develop a better defensive system.

James could therefore be a third generation Gnu.
monkeymadness

Re:

It is possible for Gnu's to have on board flamethrowers, if not so much owing to evolutionary necessity, but rather owing to the limited military bugets of some southern African military budgets: hence the close combate flame gnu, the stealth gnu for covert espionage missions and the recently introduced high altitude bombardment gnu, capable of deploying a 3 ton bomb payload from a height of up to 35,000 feet (it has strap on wings dont'cher know.)
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Ha Ha

Postby JamieMalk on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I said, and I quote myself here, "If someone can provide the costume..." I ain't gonna be making no costume. I am prepared to ... modify... an existing one, but I'm allredy behind in my manufacturing schedule. OH and I will be to buisy revising for a while, honest...
JamieMalk

Re:

Postby Dave on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

There is no way that I'm having a gnu costume in my house. If you bunch of... people want to go about encouraging my flatmate to dress as a gnu you can damn well encourage him to dress as a gnu somewhere that isn't near my house. I'll get a reputation if people see gnus coming and going at all hours.
Dave

Re:

Postby Gullable Fool on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

You can find a picture of a Gnu at www.probertencyclopaedia.com/ j/Gnu.jpg
(HOPEFULLY). This could aid in costume designs. But play nicely now!
Gullable Fool

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

take out the space before the j and your set
James Baster

Re:

Postby Gullable Fool on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Yeah, what's weird is that all I did was copy and paste it from the "Address" line, so I have no idea how it could have gotten the extra space. Anyway...that's life.
Gullable Fool

Another, slightly more disturbing, picture...

Postby Sarah on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

of a gnu can be found at: http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnu-and-pen ... 00x276.jpg

Do with it what you will, all of you would-be gnu costume designers...
Sarah

Re:

I dont know, maybe we should change this. The prospect of bing killed by a penuin wearing what appear to be a leather jacket is far more bizarre than being killed by a gnu any day.
James Baster

Re:

I stand by Gnu's to have the right to fake James James James Agnes Baster's death!

Dear God, did I just say that?
Scunthorpe

I can't tell which one is scarier

Postby Bonnie on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

The gnu with human hands or
the penguin with a spazed out, psycho- homocidal- maniac look
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Anonymous on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I am glad that by starting this thread as a joke it has brought you all so much pleasure talking about gu's.
Anonymous

Re:

This guy really has a problem with fitting the letters G, N & U into an intelligible word don't they? Gun = Gnu = Gu
The_Farwall

Re:

I thought we had just spent a long time establishing, with the aid of ictures, that guns wheren't equal to gnus?
James Baster

Re:

Perhaps I missed the point then. We did establish that Superman is a Penguin though, didn't we?
The_Farwall

Re:

Only while the train is standing in the station.
James Baster

Re:

A Gnu is less concealable though
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby Zen on Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:39 pm

but the all important question is: do they like teacakes?
Zen

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board