Home

TheSinner.net

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Postby ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:46 am

Last edited by ever_nocturnal on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ever_nocturnal

Doctor Who

Postby morn_69 on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:37 am

What did everyone think of tonights Doctor Who??
I didnt think it was that bad, nice to see Billie Piper again *hopes for a new album*
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
morn_69

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:31 am

Their mistake is inevitably going to be making only 13 episodes, only which of are 2 parters. Doctor Who was all about cliffhangers.

Stupid BBC Wales.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby sparkler on Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:32 am

I liked it, good to see they're not taking themselves too seriously.
Woah lads!
sparkler

Re:

Postby David on Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:00 pm

i didnt liek it, acting was horrible, dialouge was terrible, and come on, a man being eaten by a wheely bin? its made for kids obviously i know but still...
David

Re:

Postby bramble on Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:37 pm

It was ok i suppose, dialogue was awful but thats what made it amusing i thought! Not sure i'll go out of my way to watch it again though

[hr]
I'll set the world on fire
And in the burning light
I will write my first love song
And i will feel its warmth
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:42 pm

I just found it awful to keep track of!! As already said, the dialogue was awful, but what made it worse was it was horribly delivered. On top of that, as has been a problem with many tv programs recently, they bump up the volume of the background music so it becomes foreground music and you cant hear a bloody thing they're saying!!!

The pace all seemed a bit too fast fire, and so no time was given to understand any of the characters. That said, it was the first episode and so im hoping to learn more in the next few eppy's.

Last word of warning, dont just stick in a monster attack for the hell of it like last night (i.e. tag it on, and come to some nice neat conclusion at the end..."oh look I have the anti-plastic syrup which will stop all this crap going on!", try and blend it in with a long running storyline!
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Pan on Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:44 pm

YAY DOCTOR WHO!!!!

but alas, Billie Piper was incredibly annoying and not good.

Christopher Eccleston, on the other hand was a brilliant doctor! didn't know if he'd be good, but DAMN was he good!

[hr]"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Return to The Sinner's Main Board