Home

TheSinner.net

Whom on the Sinner Can you not stand?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Whom on the Sinner Can you not stand?

Postby The Boy with the Child in His Eyes on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:14 pm

Surprised this hasn't come about sooner, so I thought I'd do it

What Sinner really rattles your cage? Why do they bug you so much?

Be decent enough to give a reason as well, don't just say "_____ really bugs me because they are an asshole."

And I hope most people here will be braver than I and posted with their registered regular monikers!

Oh and one more thing to the Mods; Do not think of this as a thread for unnecessary conflict, but as a centre for mediation. If people get their feelings out in the open then maybe grievences can be settled!
The Boy with the Child in His Eyes

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:18 pm

This is all a bit negative, isn't it? At risk of being cited here as a wretched, liberal creep, why can't we all just get along?

[hr]"For what shall it profit a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?- Matthew 16:26
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Malkier on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:23 pm

To be honest i dont dislike anyone on here. People i argue with i like, as i enjoy debate.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
Malkier

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:23 pm

Hmmm, not to single out one particular person, but I really really hate it when in arguments someone takes the stance of "I'm right and no matter what you say, I will remain so. Off with you now, humble peasant." Something that happens quite a lot here, and to be fair I'm sure I've probably done it as well, though I try not to now.

EDITED FOR DUMBASS SPELLING MISTAKES
Manic23

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:38 pm

I feel so left out! i want on the "who can you trust" thread and I amn't on the "who can't you stand" thread. Are my pointless interjections worth nothing to you all?

[hr][s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
http://www.magnificentoctopus.com/
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:39 pm

Okay, I hate you.

Feel better?
Manic23

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:42 pm

[s]Manic23 wrote on 02:39, 8th Apr 2005:
Okay, I hate you.

Feel better?

much better, thankyou!

[hr]
[s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Manic23 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:42 pm

Not a problem, any time whatsoever.

Take care now
Manic23

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:02 am

I can't stand anyone who enters into a discussion on topics they have NO knowledge about. I don't mind if someone disagrees with me. I just hate it when people are espousing ignorant drivel that they've obviously put no thought into, betraying thier woeful ignorance of anything approaching a fact....

[hr]I sing of arms, and the man...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby Sid on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:04 am

Are you referring to me LP?
Sid

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:05 am

[s]LonelyPilgrim wrote on 03:02, 8th Apr 2005:
I can't stand anyone who enters into a discussion on topics they have NO knowledge about. I don't mind if someone disagrees with me. I just hate it when people are espousing ignorant drivel that they've obviously put no thought into, betraying thier woeful ignorance of anything approaching a fact....

[hr]I sing of arms, and the man...

I challenge you to a duel on knowledge of Roman History... ...oh, bugger! I just lost...

[hr]
[s]It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.[/s]
flarewearer

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:11 am

[s]Sid wrote on 03:04, 8th Apr 2005:
Are you referring to me LP?

No, that would come under the "People who write a post and reply to something that makes them mad before thinking about it" heading. But I do that as well... so I can't complain about it too much.

[hr]
I sing of arms, and the man...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby MadDog20/20 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:47 am

Shit, none of chicks or fat people hate me? I must try harder.
I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem. ~Jerry Falwell
MadDog20/20

Re:

Postby md25 on Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:26 am

FUCK YOU THE SINNER >:-(
md25

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:58 am

Honestly, who really cares about the sinner enough to have their "cage" rattled by anyone on it? If I ever insulted anyone, it's only because I want them and their families to die slowly and painfully - it's nothing personal.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:01 am

[s]LonelyPilgrim wrote on 03:02, 8th Apr 2005:

That's why I rarely enter into discussion, because I could never display the depth of knowledge about any subject that other Sinnerers seem to possess, and so I find myself making pointless throw-away posts like this one.

I am ignoramus, hear me roar.

[hr]
He sleeps 19 hours a day, and eats 5 hours a day. He allows you to pet him, not so much because he likes it, but because he's too lazy to do anything about it.
IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:Shzgv4TMVXgJ:www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/l/90/koala.gif
Koala Boy

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:54 pm

There's nobody I dislike - there are people that I disagree with on every possible level and hope for the sake of the rest of the world that their political and social agendas is constantly and comprehensively thwarted, but in my time on the Sinner I've learned the difference between vehementaly disagreeing with someone, and hating them.

[hr]
'I like to listen to a man who likes to talk. Whoops! Sawdust and Treacle, put that in your herring and smoke it!' - quote from the Bursar in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Hope that clears up any confusion as to my personal tastes!
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby fat bastard on Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:48 pm

anybody and anything involving unneccessary use of Latin
fat bastard

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:02 pm

[s]fat bastard wrote on 16:48, 8th Apr 2005:
anybody and anything involving unneccessary use of Latin

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

[hr]
I sing of arms, and the man...
LonelyPilgrim

Re:

Postby fat bastard on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:16 pm

umm... about eleven
fat bastard

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board