Home

TheSinner.net

What circle of hell will you reside in?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Raindance on Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:18 pm

I'm still in level 8, The Malebolge, just like I was two years ago! That's the lowest yet, huh?

[hr]

They take the knowledge, they take the know-how, and they take the individuals, and they invent a better scone.
I'm only here because b3ta is broken.
Raindance

Re:

Postby polkadot on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:20 pm

For those people in purgatory...whatever. I just found out that basically I am a one of "Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons"

Level 8. Otherwise known as very high...lucky me. It looks as if I am going to spend many many years in hell.
polkadot

Re:

Postby Sweet_Psyche on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:50 pm

Level 8. I figure hanging with the magicians and fortune tellers is a good thing - if anyone can houdini their way outta hell, it's those guys.

Sounds like a riot. Licking flames.mmm toasty...
Sweet_Psyche

Re:

Postby morn_69 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:22 am

Bring it on level 8 :> was seven when I did this a year ago

[hr]

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
morn_69

Re:

Postby felix on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:32 am

Level 7, what have i done to deserve this! :(

[hr]

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission
felix

Re:

Postby tickly leg on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:51 am

Let's just join the facebook group to which this test *really* belongs and be done with it..."I'm Going To Hell and I Just Can't Wait"
Quoting Bitterandtwisted from 20:43, 29th Apr 2005
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Apparantly I'm in level 5 as an "extreme" example of wrathful and gloomy. I'm also very highly lustful, heretical and violent. Well, can't please everyone...

[hr]

... and so, with nothing left to live for, he obeys the chanted command from the distant crowd below.

[hr]

get to know tickly leg INTIMATELY...see our profile
tickly leg

Re:

Postby Tyler Fincher on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:47 am

Quoting nighteyes from 00:31, 30th Apr 2005
level 7...hmm violent, gay and depressed...bloody hell i dont have a chance...just as well i dont believe in all this

Not necessarily gay, just sexual perverted. :P

[hr]

IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~adgc/avatar.JPG
Tyler Fincher

Re:

Postby Clonion on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:35 am

Hmmm, high for both 1 - Limbo - for 'Virtuous Non-Believers' and 6 - the Heretics. Hmm....

[hr]

http://www.biggerbrother.org.uk

"If I want to quantify anything, I measure it against Clones. There is nothing you will ever encounter in life you haven't seen in some form in Clones"
Neil Jordan
Clonion

Re:

Postby the racing tortoise on Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:33 am

hmm level 6. I'm not that evil. really.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | High
Level 3 | Moderate
Level 4 | Moderate
Level 5 | Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge | Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus | High

so I am very high on wrath gloomy heritic violent fraudulent malice panderers and high on lust and treachery. But I'm a nice person really.

[hr]

It could be worse, your hair could be on fire.

if your hair is on fire it still could be worse, your other hair could be on fire.
eternally optimistic - against all evidence
the racing tortoise

Re:

Postby bramble on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:06 am

I got level 2 - because the only thing i got very high for was for lustful! Somehow that doesnt surprise me in the slightest...

[hr]

How can i think i'm standing strong, yet feel the air beneath my feet? How can happiness feel so wrong? How can misery feel so sweet?
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Cain on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:53 am

The Malebolge for me - the 8th level.

I did it a year ago too and the results are pretty different. Limbo has gone from being high to low, as has level 7.

Read The Dante Club; it's like Se7en, but uses The Divine Comedy instead of the Seven Deadly Sins as the basis for its punishments.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Wong on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:24 am

I never fully understood why Cassius, Brutus and Judas were all in Cocytus - although they were all traitors, the first two don't seem quite as extreme as Judas. Well, maybe Brutus, but not Cassius.

[hr]

No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
No tree has branches so foolish as to fight among themselves
Wong

Re:

Postby teh cow on Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:29 am

Hey hey,

level 7 for me too. Guess that's what happens when you're a heretic.

However, I nearly got into limbo, the cool place to be for virtuous non-believers. But apparently I'm too anti-god for that to ever happen.

Level 7 sounds quite boring so I'm going to improve my ranking on 'sins of lust', since that place is probably more interesting...
teh cow

Re:

Postby Blondie515 on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:46 pm

Im level 2 lustful!!! ooops! oh well i can think of worse things and i almost made it to purgatory!!!

Purgatory Repenting Believers High
Level 1 Virtuous NonBelievers Low
Level 2 Lustful Very High
Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
Level 4 Prodigal, Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 Heretics Very Low
Level 7 Violent Moderate
Level 8 Fraudulent,Malicious Moderate
Level 9 Treacherous Low
Blondie515

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:03 pm

Hmm. Level 7. I am most confused. That was the last thing I expected. Any one who knows me knows I'm the most non-violent person they know. But from this thread, looks like I'll be in lots of "good" company.
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Doomed on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:14 pm

Quoting Bitterandtwisted from 20:43, 29th Apr 2005
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Apparantly I'm in level 5 as an "extreme" example of wrathful and gloomy. I'm also very highly lustful, heretical and violent. Well, can't please everyone...

[hr]

... and so, with nothing left to live for, he obeys the chanted command from the distant crowd below.

Good god, level 8.
Doomed

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:17 pm

Somewhere, Paul is sitting reading this and nodding knowingly. Although we haven't heard from him for a while - maybe he is on a busman's holiday

Re:

Postby bubbles on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:39 pm

Level seven here as well. never saw that one coming!
There is no dream and no waking up. This is today.
bubbles

Re:

Postby Paul on Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:04 pm

It has been quite interesting to read this thread for a number of reasons - not least of which is the surprise that a few of you have mentioned on finding out where Dante thinks you would be placed in Hell.

It is true that the Bible tells us that there are different degrees of punishment in Hell. For example:

Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation. - Luke 20:46-47

However, there is no such place as purgatory mentioned anywhere in the Bible!

One either goes to Hell or to Heaven. there is nothing in between. To say anything else is to call God a liar, and to insult the work of propitiation performed by the Lord Jesus Christ - for "the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." - I John 1:7b. Once one has repented and received forgiveness, one is clothed in the righteousness of Christ. There is nothing to be "purged away" in in a place called purgatory!

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. - Isaiah 1:18

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. - John 1 :29
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun May 01, 2005 7:07 am

Oy vey!
exnihilo

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board