Home

TheSinner.net

What circle of hell will you reside in?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby legohead on Sun May 01, 2005 10:21 am

Quoting exnihilo from 10:07, 1st May 2005
Oy vey!

I always wondered, what does that phrase actually mean?

[hr]

This is for all those headless acrobats
faces crushed in the circus dust
all in the name of gravity
and the price of admission
This is for all those headless acrobats
faces crushed in the circus dust
all in the name of gravity
and the price of admission
legohead

Re:

Postby exnihilo on Sun May 01, 2005 11:11 am

Oh dear. Oh my goodness. Or similar.
exnihilo

Re:

Postby Bitterandtwisted on Sun May 01, 2005 1:38 pm

Yes, Paul, but which circle are you going to? From the tone of your posts, I'd say you'll be joining me in "wrathful and gloomy". That depresses me.

[hr]

... and so, with nothing left to live for, he obeys the chanted command from the distant crowd below.
[img:2ysfvhns]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dm35.jpg[/img:2ysfvhns]
Bitterandtwisted

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sun May 01, 2005 1:57 pm

Quoting Bitterandtwisted from 16:38, 1st May 2005
Yes, Paul, but which circle are you going to? From the tone of your posts, I'd say you'll be joining me in "wrathful and gloomy". That depresses me.

[hr]

... and so, with nothing left to live for, he obeys the chanted command from the distant crowd below.

I want to see what the test would say about him too...As for me, I'll be in level 8...

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Smith on Sun May 01, 2005 5:08 pm

level 2 = i'm in sex hell!

sounds like heaven to me!!!!

[hr]

I tried thinking of an innovative witty remark, but could only come up with this...
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby jennyo on Sun May 01, 2005 11:48 pm

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Heresy, that doesn't surprise me at all. Although according to Dante your place in hell is determined by your one worst-ever sin, so don't go worrying about your rotten lifestyles, people ;)

[hr]

Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
jennyo

Re:

Postby Paul on Mon May 02, 2005 8:41 pm

Quoting exnihilo from 10:07, 1st May 2005
Oy vey!

Oy vey is yiddish, from the German, O Weh! Literally, Oh pain!, but better translated as Oh dear!
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby Paul on Mon May 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Quoting Bitterandtwisted from 16:38, 1st May 2005

My score: The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!

As mentioned, earlier, a place which does not exist in the Bible.

[hr]

Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell." - Psalm 86:11-13
"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life." - I John 5:20
Paul

Re:

Postby Paul on Mon May 02, 2005 8:52 pm

Quoting Smith from 20:08, 1st May 2005
level 2 = i'm in sex hell!

sounds like heaven to me!!!!

Sorry to disillusion you, but it won't be! You will not have the wherwithal to perform!

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; - Matthew 12:24-25

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments - Luke 16:23
Paul

Re:

Postby Paul on Mon May 02, 2005 9:47 pm

I have some questions for those of you who have been surprised to find yourself at the particular level Dante's Inferno pplaces you.

Do you think you deserve to be there?

On what basis do you make this decision?

Do you thing that god is justified in considering you wicked?

Do you think that God is justified in being angry with you? Why? - or why not?

[hr]

For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. - Psalm 5:4-7
Paul

Re:

Postby Homer on Tue May 03, 2005 7:23 am

Bloody hell-level six. I'm quite proud of myself, never thought that I had it in me.

Oh and in answer to the above, would this 'God' person you keep banging on about not have a slightly more sophisticated method of classification than a website?

You shouldn't always believe what is written, some people actually lie!! Shocking I know.
Homer

level of hell

Postby raheli on Tue May 03, 2005 10:16 am

level 8... hmmm.... my life must be more interesting than I thought... or perhaps the programme assigns you a Liar Penalty for saying you love food but are not overweight. Or a Hypocrite code for saying you read scripture but think religion is fiction. Need a scary bedtime story? Try the Book of Joshua.
Intelligence is good. I'm not very intelligent myself, but I think it's a nice idea.
raheli

Re:

Postby ribs on Wed May 04, 2005 11:47 am

me level 6 too!!!
Thought I was a good wee lassy - apparently not. Ah well may as well enjoy the time I have left before I'm "offered no respite". although it doesnt actually say that anything bad in particular happens there - mayb theyll all stop sighing dolefully n get up n laugh. + drink vodka

[hr]

Miracles occur,
If you care to call those spasmodic
Tricks of radiance miracles.
Summer is a state of mind.
ribs

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board