Home

TheSinner.net

Driving

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Driving

Postby Zombie Sheep on Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:28 pm

Can anyone recommend me a driving instructor in St Andrews? I never got round to sitting my test back home and completely forgot about it last year. Thanks in advance (though I realise most people will have managed to pass by the time they have got here!).
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:54 am

You do realise that the only test centres, for the practical part, in Fife are Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline? As for the theory test - Dunfermline is the only theory test centre in Fife.

[hr]How much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth-decay in His divine system of creation?
Al

Re:

Postby James Baster on Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:12 pm

Cupar has a Practical test center.

[hr][s][i]The order was given to turn cows into whoppers
Enforced by the might of ten thousand coppers
But on the horizon surrounding the shoppers
Came the deafening roar... of chickens.... in choppers!
http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/ ... oct99.html
[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Saz on Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:21 pm

Al you speak shit! You can sit your driving test in Cupar and you can do your theory test in Dundee, Im learning to drive just now, I'm sitting my theory in a few weeks (in Dundee) and to make things easier I was going to look for an instructor in St Andrews as well.
Saz

Re:

Postby Al on Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:02 pm

I had forgotten about Cupar. But I hadn't realised that Dundee had been moved into Fife. When did that happen?

[hr]It is the rabbit!
Al

Re:

Postby jenniferloveschewits on Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:59 pm

[s]Al wrote on 15:02, 11th Sep 2002:
I had forgotten about Cupar. But I hadn't realised that Dundee had been moved into Fife. When did that happen?

They had a meeting about it last month. You were asleep.

Seriously, though, Cupar is an absolute doddle for taking your practical test. Almost no difficult parts of town to negotiate, no roundabouts, they have to drive you a mile out of town to find a particularly challenging corner...
jenniferloveschewits

Re:

Postby Phina on Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:22 pm

[s]Zombie Sheep wrote on 23:28, 10th Sep 2002:
Can anyone recommend me a driving instructor in St Andrews?

There is a really good driving instructor with the AA who all my friends have had- and they've all passed with him. Could his name be Dave? -highly probable as most driving instructors seem to be called Dave. I'll find out for you- but it'll take a week or so... or you could just phone up the AA and see if there's anyone called Dave in the St Andrews area. Hmmm.

Anyway- he's meant to be excellent and tells funny jokes.

[hr]
Convincing yourself doesn't win an argument.
Robert Half
Phina

Re:

Postby Oli on Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:00 am

I should think that all driving instructors are meant to be excellent.

Unless they were particularly scoundrelous and thrived on people's failure.
Oli

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:21 am

Perhaps when you go for your test, you could say that Dave invited you....

[hr]It is the rabbit!
Al

BSM Instructors

Postby Guest on Thu Sep 12, 2002 11:16 am

Anyone know if you can get a BSM instructor in St Andrews?

Its not Dave...

Postby Phina on Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:18 am

His name is Martin. His jokes are actually not very funny. But they thus become funny becasue they're so bad. Oh and he's a very good instructor. And its very easy to pass your test in Cupar. Apparently.
Phina

Return to The Sinner's Main Board