Home

TheSinner.net

Happiest Day in St Andrews?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Midget on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:05 pm

I agree I hated my first freshers week, I cried, missed friends from home thought everyone at St Andrews was a load of wankers etc, (then I became one perhaps). But then I've preferred it like this, better for things to get better not start brilliant. I'd almost say that each year here has built upon the previous, although that first year innocence and enjoyment of all things new is good.

[hr]

IMAGE:img9.imgspot.com/u/04/241/18/160019.jpg Come an see 'Corpus Christi' 4-29 August, Edinburgh Fringe!
Midget

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:00 pm

Quoting Laura from 23:17, 9th Jun 2005
happy days.

happy now you're single?

Re:

Postby Jamie potton on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:06 pm

Campaign managing Peter Blair's bid to become President of Debates: though he was uncontested, it was a hard-won struggle to get it that far. I don't think anyone can say he let us down, having been one of the most successful Debates Convenors in recent times. Celebrating by going to hear Mozart's Requiem just capped that weekend off for me.

Faure's Requeim on the 5th of May was another special moment: it was beuatifully performed, and mind-blowing in its intensity.
Jamie potton

Re:

Postby Eliot Wilson on Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:12 pm

I've rarely enjoyed election days (mainly due either to intense cold or to losing said election). I was very, very pleased that young Blair won (though I don't think I was actually in St Andrews that weekend) and he has done us proud, as I thought he would.

My old flatmate's leaving do was great fun. Black tie dinner, insane drinking, four or five hours' sleep, breakfast and pints in the Union (still in black tie), tour of the castle, down the mine to scare the little children and then, well, more drinking. I think Barbara in Aikman's gave us lasagne at some point. Top, top weekend.

[hr]

Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Bill and Ted beat the Grim Reaper at Twister

Bill: "You played very well, Death, especially with your totally heavy Death robes."

Death: "Don't patronise me."
Eliot Wilson

Re:

Postby Bryn on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:11 am

Quoting from 18:17, 14th Jun 2005
Quoting Laura from 23:17, 9th Jun 2005
happy days.

happy now you're single?

That's really harsh.

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Laura on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:04 pm

Edit;
Removed because of the threat of legal action.
Some people have so much time on their hands ; )
"When I came back to Dublin, I was courtmartialled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence."
Laura

Re:

Postby KateBush on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:25 pm

Whoever was responsible for that nasty comment to Laura should be ashamed of themselves. I'm surprised it was allowed through, as it was clearly a personal attack.

Whoever you are- get a grip and back off.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/vasovagalvegan/

If the NHS cares for you from the cradle to the grave...I must've died YEARS ago....
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby mossop on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:36 pm

One of my favourite days was having a meal with a few friends of mine, 2 of whom had just gotten married :-) That was really special!

[hr]

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby Stuart on Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:40 am

Quoting Jamie Potton from 00:06, 16th Jun 2005

Faure's Requeim on the 5th of May was another special moment: it was beuatifully performed, and mind-blowing in its intensity.

That was a good day. We had chicken, I believe, and copious amounts of wine, courtesy of Librario Publishing Ltd of Elgin.
Stuart

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:20 pm

Round Ss place for his birthday in 1st year. Watching Donald clamber onto the roof in Dinner Jacket and monocle.

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:02 pm

Hmm, a lot to choose from...

As he was mentioned, then I have to say the last 3 May Dips I've attended have been very enjoyable.

The one 3 years ago was amusing because of the spectacle of a certain monocle wearing individual in full formal wear, marching stoically into the North Sea at sunrise, utterly wasted and then ending up in a burn on the way back to Melville, from which he needed to be extricated.

Or perhaps, when I went up St. Rules tower the week before I left and looked out at St. Andrews laid out before me and whispered goodbye...

[hr]

IMAGE:www.btinternet.com/~brother.war/white10-2.gif
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Humphrey on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:25 pm

I was going to type something but I didn't know where to start, every day was awesome to be honest. Good thing too, otherwise I would have been wasting my time.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/humphrey_clarke/
Humphrey

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board