Home

TheSinner.net

exam results

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

exam results

Postby me#2 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:24 pm

Is anyone else still waiting for results?!?

Neither my dissertation (which was handed in nearly 6 weeks ago) or my final exam (1st day of exam period!) are up yet.....getting v stressed now!

Really want to know what degree I've got! eeeek!
me#2

Re:

Postby Scully on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:08 pm

I think you'll find, if you read the emails the university kindly sent us, that degree classifications will be out on sat 11th June and not before.
Scully

Re:

Postby Kegrad on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:09 pm

naw, doesn't look like many folks are out yet, if any. You'll notice when there are because their will be lots of threads basicly saying "what did you get?" so don't worry, you're not the only one waiting!
Kegrad

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Yep, I'm exactly the same as you me#2. getting really frustrated. And I'm going to be moving house this Wednesday, and won't be able to get access to the internet again for like a week. Gaaaaaaaah![img]littleicons/angry.gif[/img]

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:05 pm

I think the email actually says results will be released on an ongoing basis up until the 11th of June. 'Degree Classifications' under my interpretation mean fourth years will be told their final degree class on the 11th. I'm hoping some results are released tonight or tomorrow night (i.e. be online by Wednesday morning!), but we'll see!

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby womble chris on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:05 pm

im still waiting.

when do we find out about what exact date the resit is as i need to book a holiday!

believe it or not, i assume ive managed to fail AS1002, im 2nd year, - the physical universe for art students. i gave up after an hour of the exam and walked out.

first exam for years and years which has vaguely mattered which i have literally done 0 minutes revision for.
woke up at 8.50am with a banging hangover, had a headache pill. found the exam room and gave up after an hour. pointless.
womble chris

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:24 pm

Quoting womble chris from 18:05, 6th Jun 2005
im still waiting.

when do we find out about what exact date the resit is as i need to book a holiday!

believe it or not, i assume ive managed to fail AS1002, im 2nd year, - the physical universe for art students. i gave up after an hour of the exam and walked out.

first exam for years and years which has vaguely mattered which i have literally done 0 minutes revision for.
woke up at 8.50am with a banging hangover, had a headache pill. found the exam room and gave up after an hour. pointless.

Good grief. Why on earth did youdo no revision and get plastered the night before if you knew it was important. Nothing is more depressing than working all summer for an exam you screwed up. Surely it wasn't worth it.

[hr]

Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:48 am

Hmm. Got my thesis mark now, but not my recent advances mark. I have to say it isn't as good as I'd hoped/expected. Feeling rather on edge now as it may boarderline me a 2:2. Dr Lang said I'd be ok as I have an S-Code in place, but I'm still somewhat freaked out by this mark. I mean, it's not disasterous, but it ain't as good as most of my other marks and not as good as I'd hoped. Is the recent Advances mark countedin our final degree calculation? Though I'm now not sure if that'd be a good thing or a bad thing for me.

Godamnit, I was pretty confident all this time, but now I've been completely thrown. [img]littleicons/yellowsadface.gif[/img]

[hr]

Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:34 am

well, i had my EC2002 exam the day before and had spent the previous 2-3 days solid revising. i thought it had gone pretty sound and was so relieved it was over headed to the pub. the drinks kinda carried on flowing. plus i didnt really think i could pass the exam on one afternoon and evenings revision so didnt even try. itll only take a few days before the resit to pass it hopefully so im not too alarmed.

my parents will be happy i made it into honours, but not too chuffed out of my 12 marks ive now had (4 semesters), these 3 grades wil be ranked 10th, 11th, and 12th. oh dear....
womble chris

Re:

Postby md25 on Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:07 am

I just had three out of four results pushed onto my page there. Two 1s and a 2:1, cunting project still to come through ;_;
md25

Re:

Postby Kizzy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:26 am

Some honours English modules are up now :)
Kizzy

Re:

Postby Bryn on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:04 am

When do we find out if we got in to honours? I'm quite unsure at this point if they're going to offer me a place...

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby richey on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:30 am

*grins* I'm happy, I did better this semester than last semester and I'm finishing 3rd year with a 2:1 :)

My results came out this morning...has everyone else got theirs too?
richey

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:35 pm

I got mine this morning, better then expected but I am now sitting just below the cut off for a first. Oh well, I have all next year.

[hr]

"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:14 pm

Fourth year economics are up, I\'m fairly chuffed, I\'m well into the First zone with a mean of 17.1

I got a 17 for my dissertation, which is way better than expected! At least all those bloody regressions paid off.

[hr]

He sleeps 19 hours a day, and eats 5 hours a day. He allows you to pet him, not so much because he likes it, but because he's too lazy to do anything about it.
IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:Shzgv4TMVXgJ:www.filelibrary.com:8080/cgi-bin/freedownload/Multi-Platform/l/90/koala.gif
Koala Boy

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:34 pm

koala boy, i got a proposition for you (me entering 3rd year econ next year;

your dissertation + my email address = 17 for me + beer for you

win win situation!!!!

disclaimer: i am not being serious.
womble chris

i fucked up in all mine!!!!!!!

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:45 pm

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

*GIVE ME SOMETHIN TO BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!*

Re:

Postby Gealle on Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:06 pm

That's me done. 2:1 in the bag.

Well chuffed :)
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby Clonion on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:41 pm

Thanks to a mammoth-proportioned fuckup that ITS are powerless to explain ("This has never ever happened before. We have no idea why it has happened now. Or what has went wrong. Or what to do") I haven't found mine out yet. The nice lady from the Registry had them in front of her and couldn't tell me. They think it might be fixed tomorrow. Maybe.

*twitch*

[hr]

http://www.biggerbrother.org.uk

"If I want to quantify anything, I measure it against Clones. There is nothing you will ever encounter in life you haven't seen in some form in Clones"
Neil Jordan
Clonion

Re:

Postby bubba on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:36 pm

well done scott, that 17.1 average is awesome... however i did redeem myself with an 18.7 for my reseach project ;-)

Quoting Koala Boy from 18:14, 7th Jun 2005
Fourth year economics are up, I\'m fairly chuffed, I\'m well into the First zone with a mean of 17.1

[hr]

Who is John Galt?
Who is John Galt?
bubba

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board