Home

TheSinner.net

REM gig in Balloch (aka Loch Lomond)

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

REM gig in Balloch (aka Loch Lomond)

Postby theflirt on Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:08 pm

So, what lucky buggers go to go?! How was it?!
I have just left work and it took me 30mins to drive a 5 minute journey due to the HUAGE amoung of traffic coming from Balloch Park....so yeah I never got to go :( damn work!!

[hr]

Oh pants!
oh pants
theflirt

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:12 am

Nope. I am waiting for the Proclaimers in St Andrews next week.
If i have to walk 500 miles, i had better get going now...

Re:

Postby KayBee on Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 am

Quoting theflirt from 00:08, 19th Jun 2005
So, what lucky buggers go to go?! How was it?!
I have just left work and it took me 30mins to drive a 5 minute journey due to the HUAGE amoung of traffic coming from Balloch Park....so yeah I never got to go :( damn work!!

[hr]

Oh pants!

Have just heard from my brothers that it was AMAZING. They offered me and the bloke two tickets to go with them. After 30 mins of frantic phone calls, had to turn them down cos we couldnt' get a babysitter.....
KayBee

Re:

Postby fat bastard on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:35 am

yeah it was brilliant

aberfeldy the first support act were top notch too, if only for having a song about Tom Weir
fat bastard

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:20 pm

R.E.M. were GODS

The Zutons were excellent but i loved Aberfeldy more.

No Michael Stipe croud touching this time sadly.

Now counting down the days till T In The Park.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr][s]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies[/s]
[s]Website http://www.maxeh.co.uk [The Music Community]
Duggeh

REM at Loch Lomond

Postby Me on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:50 pm

Was amazing!! Really good!! They played a great mix of the old stuff and new stuff!! Spectacular place for a concert as well! Well worth the ticket price. Feeder and the Zootons great as well.
Me

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:16 am

i wouldnt agree with the venue being fantastic, the fact that fuck-off giant trees were 80 feet from centre stage made getting a decent view from the hill difficult. also the logistical aspects (i.e. leaving the venue) were a joke, and quite frankly, dangerous.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tubular100.jpg
[hr][s]Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies[/s]
[s]Website http://www.maxeh.co.uk [The Music Community]
Duggeh

REM at Balloch

Postby Me on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 am

I had no problems seeing at all and managed to get out of the venue and back to my car within an hour. I guess it just depends where you ended up standing.
Me

Re:

Postby jennyo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:04 am

REM AND Aberfeldy?? *dies*

[hr]

Do you realise you have the most beautiful face?
Do you realise we're floating in space?
Do those under a risk of death by metor run some thus-far indefinite risk of longrun meteorisation?
- David Bean
jennyo

Re:

Postby The Badger Machine on Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:15 pm

I thought REM were poor. They did not play a good selection of songs, they only played one off Green - probably their best album in my opinion - and one off Document and most annoyingly again failed to play anything off Chronic Town which is a supreme album. They almost made up for it by playing Find the River and Star 69 very very well but didn't quite. Did anyone else think they played far too much from Monster and more importantly if why I took Your Name and not Crush with the Eyeliner.
Maybe I'm just a moany git and too much of a REM snob though.....
The Badger Machine

REM are rude!!

Postby mia_bt on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:46 pm

I was working in Cameron House just across the Loch from Balloch and REM got boats over and were leavin from there,

the lead singer dude was really rude to the whole six fans who were there to see him which there was no need for!!

However there mangement team and the people that put on the gig were lovely and very big tippers!! They are doing the Proclaimers at St As to so should be good!!
mia_bt

Return to The Sinner's Main Board