Home

TheSinner.net

WHY???

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

WHY???

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:53 pm

been out on a date to pics, he drive, dropped me off, wanted to kiss but both shy so nothing happened.
Now he's not replying to messages, tried phoning him, still no reply
WHY WOULD U GUYS IGNORE A FEMALE????
(p.s been a week so think no £ on phone is ruled out)

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:46 pm

I guess there are a number of possible reasons.

1. You're personallity is so repulsive that after spending 1 1/2 to 2 hours with you, he never wants to even think about you again.

2. He may be dead/severely injured and thus unable to reply.

3. He is a prick.

Also, don't assume that all males are that desperate for sex/relationship etc..

[hr]

This post may be intended in jest and should be read as such. Any queries relating to the seriousness of it should be addressed to the author. The author requests that readers DO NOT follow the advice or requests in this post. This statement is retrospective with regards to all previous sinner posts.

http://www.zombiesheep.name
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Maidmarion on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Are you likely to meet this guy again soon - not on a date, but in a social context? Is he at uni with you, or do you work together. If so you can be sure you'll see him again soon (don't seek him out purposefully -that would be weird).- but if you're invited out to meet people and think he might be there, go along. Look gorgeous, smooth hair, most flattering clothes appropriate. Until then try your best not to contact him.

At social function, pay him two minutes attention, 'oh hi, nice to see you'. perhaps flirt a little (but only for one minute -then see someone and have to dash off, leaving him all confused. Then see if he comes after you.
Maidmarion

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:07 pm

"WHY WOULD U GUYS IGNORE A FEMALE????"

Ok what the hell. I hate to be mean but what a terrible attitude - possibly the reason why he hasnt responded. You think that because you are female and went on a date with him you suddenly become his number one priority? Get a grip honey.

Maidmarion why arse around like that? It pisses me off when people just can't be direct and decide to go for this distant "I'll pretend to be cool and not interact with the person I like" crap.

I think Zombie Sheep hit the nail on the head with his reasons though.

Best of luck sorting things out.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/alice.png
I could set you free, rather hear the sound of your body breaking as I take you down
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:11 pm

Wait for him to post on the sinner with a thread entitled 'WOMEN' or some such, then all will be explained.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby md25 on Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:47 am

If he's so shy he's probably a nerd and won't make the first move for months (the voice of experience speaketh). If you're that into him ask him out and stop dicking around like a fifteen-year-old schoolgirl.
md25

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:26 am

Quoting md25 from 08:47, 11th Jul 2005
If he's so shy he's probably a nerd and won't make the first move for months (the voice of experience speaketh). If you're that into him ask him out and stop dicking around like a fifteen-year-old schoolgirl.

erm..........did you not read the post above. We have been out, and i have tried phoning him to ask him out again

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:21 am

Eeughh. im so sick of men. all they do is wreck my head.
WHY oh WHY do us girls spend so long thinking about them?
when all they do is mess us around and change plans and confuse us.
It's pathetic. we should all just give up and become lesbian.
Do guys get some kind of weird kick out of stringing us along?

Re:

Postby McNugget on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:47 pm

perhaps he read this thread and thought you're a moany bitch, plus stringing you along sounds like fun because you go crazy on the sinner:)
McNugget

Re:

Postby ninman on Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:56 am

You know an interesting fact about why men and women argue. When men speak to each other they communicate facts, women on the other hand communicate feelings. So a common thing a women might say to her boyfriend would be "I'm fed up, you never take me out." The man then replies, "but I took you out twice last week, what are you talking about?"

The reason he says this is because he believes that she is saying something factual, that he never takes her out. When in fact what she means is, "I want to go out, please take me." Because she is communicating the feeling, that she wants to go out.

So when you say "Men screw with your head and string you along." Perhaps you should consider the fact that maybe you are just misunderstanding each other, and try to convey facts to him, not feelings.

I should say that I'm not really one to talk because I have communication problems with everybody, not just women.
ninman

Re:

Postby Rilla on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:06 am

how wise.

wise words indeed Ninman.

[hr]

"O unworn world enrapture me, enrapture me in a web
Of fabulous grass and eternal voices by a beech"
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby screenager on Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:40 am

Quoting from 14:21, 15th Jul 2005
Eeughh. im so sick of men. all they do is wreck my head.
WHY oh WHY do us girls spend so long thinking about them?
when all they do is mess us around and change plans and confuse us.
It's pathetic. we should all just give up and become lesbian.
Do guys get some kind of weird kick out of stringing us along?

Ok, honestly, women do it just as much as men. Guys spend just as long with their head in their hands trying to figure out what to do next, etc and then find that said girl loses interest. Then, in a slightly more blokey way, we all sit and wonder why we bother. This whole 'women have it worse' attitude is a load of shite.
screenager

Re:

Postby screenager on Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:44 am

Quoting ninman from 10:56, 17th Jul 2005
You know an interesting fact about why men and women argue. When men speak to each other they communicate facts, women on the other hand communicate feelings. So a common thing a women might say to her boyfriend would be "I'm fed up, you never take me out." The man then replies, "but I took you out twice last week, what are you talking about?"

The reason he says this is because he believes that she is saying something factual, that he never takes her out. When in fact what she means is, "I want to go out, please take me." Because she is communicating the feeling, that she wants to go out.

So when you say "Men screw with your head and string you along." Perhaps you should consider the fact that maybe you are just misunderstanding each other, and try to convey facts to him, not feelings.

I should say that I'm not really one to talk because I have communication problems with everybody, not just women.

Ninman, I think this analogy is great. Most profound thinking, Watson.
screenager

Re:

Postby HarryP on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:18 pm

[quote]Quoting Maidmarion from 23:50, 10th Jul 2005
Are you likely to meet this guy again soon - not on a date, but in a social context? Is he at uni with you, or do you work together. If so you can be sure you'll see him again soon (don't seek him out purposefully -that would be weird).- but if you're invited out to meet people and think he might be there, go along. Look gorgeous, smooth hair, most flattering clothes appropriate. Until then try your best not to contact him.
quote]

They can't both be at St Andys - they'd have to be avoiding each other if they didnt bump into one another for a whole week!
HarryP

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:48 pm

you should have just kissed him!
Setsuna

Re:

Postby KateBush on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:20 am

No I agree wholeheartedly. Any guy who says he'll ring then doesn't is a tosser, bloody waste of space.

Cut your losses now- don't waste any time with an eejit like that. Find someone who actually bothers their arse and cares about you--it'll be less distressing in the end! I speak from experience.

[hr]

http://www.livejournal.com/users/vasovagalvegan/

If the NHS cares for you from the cradle to the grave...I must've died YEARS ago....
Intelligence can leap the hurdles which nature has set before us- Livy
KateBush

Re:

Postby easy lover on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:45 am

ooooh this is happening to me as we speak. Guess it happens to us all eh?!
easy lover

Return to The Sinner's Main Board