Home

TheSinner.net

Football Tournament

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Football Tournament

Postby Rachel Marsh on Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:38 pm

This Saturday, 23 July (2-5pm), the PG Society will be hosting its annual Football Tournament located at the Sports Centre Astroturf Pitches. Registration is on the day of and participation is free. Get together your teams of five. Who knows, you might win the cup.

--Sponsored by the PG Society

(We're also looking for volunteers to help referee, keep score, and push people around in general. If you're interested contact dosda@st-andrews.ac.uk.)
Rachel Marsh

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:05 am

would have been nice for a bit of notice! three days to get teams together when most folk are away on summer holidays for the week around the open....

just hope its organised better than last year

Re:

Postby Rilla on Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:30 am

hey! im so SICK of people complaining about stuff.

There have been posters up since the start of June advertising events for the summer with the football tournament on it.
Also, the pg website has info on it.
Also, there is a football tournament every summer since ive been here so maybe you should have been thinking about it already since you already seem to have been here last year you knew about it.

Also, dont just sit there and complain as an Unregistered User - email Rachel and volunteer to make it a success if you think last years was not well organised.

[hr]

"O unworn world enrapture me, enrapture me in a web
Of fabulous grass and eternal voices by a beech"
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby Rilla on Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:32 am

http://www.yourunion.net/pgsoc

[hr]

Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby levin on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:49 pm

I should be able to referee.

I've sent an e-mail to the address above.
levin

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:56 pm

Quoting Rilla from 10:32, 20th Jul 2005
http://www.yourunion.net/main/activitie ... tees/pgsoc

[hr]

just suggesting that maybe more publicity would be nice for these things, only got an email about it today and its the first i heard

i didnt hear about last years one til even later, in fact most didn't until we all got phoned to make up numbers

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Just a couple of requests: firstly, we're on the astroturf pitches, so I've been asked to inform people that they'll need trainers or moulded studs, not metal studs.

Secondly, anyone who has a spare whistle, could you bring it along? Thanks!

[hr]

"Don't ask me what you know is true, don't have to tell you, I love your precious heart. I - I was standing, you were there, two worlds collided, and they could never tear us apart" - INXS
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:48 pm

I don't understand - the person who posted this is a female. Did one of their friends ask to borrow their sinner account or something?

[hr]

This post may be intended in jest and should be read as such. Any queries relating to the seriousness of it should be addressed to the author. The author requests that readers DO NOT follow the advice or requests in this post. This statement is retrospective with regards to all previous sinner posts.

http://www.zombiesheep.name
Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby feelinfine on Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:15 am

and girls can't organise a football tournament i suppose?
feelinfine

Re:

Postby David Bean on Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:30 pm

That's 'cos she's the SSC Postgraduate Officer.

[hr]

"Don't ask me what you know is true, don't have to tell you, I love your precious heart. I - I was standing, you were there, two worlds collided, and they could never tear us apart" - INXS
David Bean

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:25 pm

Quoting feelinfine from 13:15, 22nd Jul 2005
and girls can't organise a football tournament i suppose?

Good point. They could organise it, I suppose. I just assumed they were in it. Thanks for clearing that up.

[hr]

This post may be intended in jest and should be read as such. Any queries relating to the seriousness of it should be addressed to the author. The author requests that readers DO NOT follow the advice or requests in this post. This statement is retrospective with regards to all previous sinner posts.

Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby Rachel Marsh on Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:24 pm

Not only are women allowed to organize it, women are allowed to compete in it as well.
Rachel Marsh

Re:

Postby Zombie Sheep on Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:22 pm

I was winding up. Forget about it.

[hr]

Zombie Sheep

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:19 pm

That aside, thanks to all who helped to make today a huge success - including David, our qualified referee who kindly volunteered his time, and the players, whose good sportsmanship helped to make sure that he had very little to do!

And congratulations to The Muppets, who are now the new 2005 John Serrati Cup Champions!

[hr]

David Bean

Return to The Sinner's Main Board