Home

TheSinner.net

Marijuana

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Marijuana

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:32 pm

I'm considering attending the university but the problem is I'm a total stoner and I'm gonna need to have access to some chronic. My question is being a small town how hard is it to score some bud, and do you have to travel far to get it?

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:33 pm

My advice is go back to Amsterdam, Hippy.

P.S. Have a shower

[hr]

image:www.magnificentoctopus.com/x/blackback.png
flarewearer

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:46 pm

Yeah, this may not have been an appropriate forum...

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Mod on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:53 pm

Accident. I won't delete it though.
Mod

Re:

Postby The Dude on Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:46 pm

You can get it but it is more of a sellers market so don't be suprized by 25 an eighth. As it is I found that it was harder when I started to get bud on a regular basis so you might be stuck with resin untill you can make some better contacts. In short it is hard to get good stuff and it will be somewhat expensive but if you hunt for it it can be attained without to much trouble. The best thing is to make friends who have frients so on and so fourth.
The Dude

Re:

Postby aladdinsane12 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:58 am

I don't smoke it personally, but all of my friends at home do. Going to St. Andrews I was shocked at how few people did it. In my entire hall there were about 4 guys who smoked the stuff, but everybody knew them and knew what they were up to. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the amount of people who do it seems to be pretty small but, in my case anyways, the people who do are not hard to find.
aladdinsane12

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 am

I never bought it myself. But my friends did, and they could list many people all over St Andrews to get it from. I was rather stunned.

Mind you, I do have a fond memory of my mate and I being pissed off our heads and deciding we would finish off her latest packet of Purple Haze. Unfortunately, we then discovered that we had no cigarette paper, out of despiration we ended up eating it. I don't mean baking it in a brownie. I mean we just ate the raw twigs/leaves. I can safely say it was pretty disgusting, gave us no joy in the end at all, but did give us something to laugh at our stupidity in the morning while nursing our hangovers. Guess that's our punishment for being so rat-arsed. [img]littleicons/yellowtounge.gif[/img]

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby not telling on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 am

Seriously, don't worry about it! I am a total stoner and I get it with ease. There are very few people in St Andrews who sell it, but as soon as you come across someone else in St Andrews who smokes it then you're sorted. As has previously been mentioned, it's a seller's market, but I find that 20/eighth is usual, and you can generally get it much cheaper if you buy it in ounces.
In all my time reading The Sinner, I don't think I've ever found anyone as open and honest as you!
Seriously though, sometimes being a stoner and being at uni don't mix - in first year it's not a problem, but when you get into honours and have to actually do some work, it's a battle not to get stoned all the time! My advice is to smoke yourself silly in first you so you get bored with it by 3rd year. Having said that, this hasn't worked for me!
not telling

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:26 am

You know, I have to say that it never did very much for me. I can hardly tell the difference. I did it once when completely sober, and all that happened was that I felt a bit dizzy and my leg twitched a couple of times. That was it. Maybe I've been sampling the wrong stuff. If that's what it's like for other people, I can't imagine why they bother. Thankfully I never wasted money on it, I just had some of somebody elses. But after a few goes with no result, I'm inclined not to bother in future. Maybe I'm immuned to it or something!

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby themushroomgod on Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:43 pm

Grow your own.

[hr]

Ooh! A Monkey!
Ooh! A Monkey!
themushroomgod

Re:

Postby the racing tortoise on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:14 pm

Quoting aladdinsane12 from 03:58, 4th Aug 2005
I don't smoke it personally, but all of my friends at home do. Going to St. Andrews I was shocked at how few people did it. In my entire hall there were about 4 guys who smoked the stuff, but everybody knew them and knew what they were up to.

Jesus which hall are you in, Ok so mabee only 4 people make it their life and that is all that you know about them but in my (small) hall there must have been dozens of people who did weed on a non regular basis. I can think of at least a dozen people in hall that I have smoked with and I really ain't very social.

Ps ain't it amazing what you can do with a bottle cap, stanly knife some copper pipe and some plastic piping.

[hr]

minesweeper times:
Beginner: 3
Intermediate: 34
Expert: 163

A wasted life.
eternally optimistic - against all evidence
the racing tortoise

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:50 am

Racing tortoise is right - there aren't a huge number of total stoners but there are dozens of people who don't mind the odd puff from time to time.

It wasn't unusual during one of Melville's frequent fire alarms to see someone blatantly stoned... maybe that's why we had so fucking many fire alarms. That or stupidity.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.btinternet.com/~brother.war/white10-2.gif
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby JAK on Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:22 am

Well, that and all the hundreds of technical faults. Oh, and the people cooking in K2.

[hr]

I got my BBC
I got my BBC
JAK

Re:

Postby Chain Mailer on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:28 am

Quoting the racing tortoise from 01:14, 5th Aug 2005
Quoting aladdinsane12 from 03:58, 4th Aug 2005
I don't smoke it personally, but all of my friends at home do. Going to St. Andrews I was shocked at how few people did it. In my entire hall there were about 4 guys who smoked the stuff, but everybody knew them and knew what they were up to.

I second that also! Granted the 1st hall I was in I think 2 people did it, but in the 2nd hall at least 2 floors reeked of that sweet herbal remedy (though to be fair the scent does travel far so it could have only been a handful :) )
I shouldn't worry about getting some, just go to loads of Freshers parties and someone is bound to light up a some time, then just ask them where they got it. A few 'friends of a friends of a friends' later and you'll be sorted :)

[hr]

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:02 pm

Britain needs more heroes like you guys, keep up the good work ;X~

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby Sabre13 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:51 pm

Same old story, meet a man, he tells you about his friend :)

As for there not being a huge number of stoners in St Andrews - LIES :)

What else can you do in a town with three streets and three beaches, your forced into quite heavy contact with everyone around you all the time because of the dynamics of the town, that tends towards making many pot heads. Suprising how many people started smoking in st andrews that I know.
Sabre13

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:28 am

Quoting Sabre13 from 17:51, 5th Aug 2005
What else can you do in a town with three streets and three beaches

Drink? Not Drink? There's two sensible alternatives for you

[hr]

flarewearer

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:57 am

Quoting the racing tortoise from 01:14, 5th Aug 2005

Ps ain't it amazing what you can do with a bottle cap, stanly knife some copper pipe and some plastic piping.

Or just a coke can, screen and a pocket knife...but I quit 4 years ago.

My only advice is don't be an idiot and smoke in your hall room. Rumour has it that a kid in New Hall got chucked out for "burning incense" last year

[hr]

RUSH KATO '05!

rush.kato@gmail.com
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby the racing tortoise on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:12 am

In JBH a guy got chucked out, offically for having an unlit candle in his room. but we all knew better.

[hr]

minesweeper times:
Beginner: 3
Intermediate: 34
Expert: 163

A wasted life.
eternally optimistic - against all evidence
the racing tortoise

Return to The Sinner's Main Board