Home

TheSinner.net

Drunkeness in the middle of the day

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Anon. on Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:55 pm

I am perfectly capable of getting through the day without getting pissed - in fact, I have not been drunk for about a week now.

And although I completely fail to see how my academic diligence affects the issue, or is any of your business whatsoever, I am not renowned for being over-studious.

If that is offensive to you, tough.
Anon.

work

Postby laurence on Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:14 pm

When you think of the people who would dearly love to go to university, but can't because they don't have enough money, and you turn it into a joke by getting drunk all the time, and bragging about it.

Very impressive.
laurence

Re:

Postby Anon. on Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:16 am

Oh, for goodness' sake - what you have just said is practically tantamount to "come on, eat your nice broccoli - there are starving children in Africa who would be glad of that".

The mere fact that there are a few people who cannot afford to go to university - and there aren't as many as all that - is certainly not going to stop me from enjoying myself here while I have the privilege of doing so. I have only got three years left before I have to actually get a job and start being responsible, and I intend to make the most of them.

Stop being so bloody self-righteous.
Anon.

The truth about student drunkeness

Postby the weight of echoes on Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:49 pm

You don't have the right to enjoy yourself here, you have the right to enjoy what you came here to study. That's what you're called a "student".

A question for everyone: why is getting drunk something to be proud of? It's not really that difficult.
the weight of echoes

Drukedness

Postby Robin RD on Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:50 pm

These years at Uni are our last chance to act like complete and utter idiots with no responsibilities. People deplore us for being irresponsible whether we are our not so we might as well get completely rat arsed in the process as at least then we might not remember being complete idiots. (I for one started drinking in the middle of the afternoon last Friday, got v drunk, have a vague memory of the pubs, and an even vaguer memory of a party before waking up the next morning with a rather large hangover and a bottle of wine by bed which I seem to have acquired at said party). May I take this chance to apoplogise to anyone who seems to be missing a bottle of wine, and cheers - it was really good!
Robin RD

Re:

Postby Anon. on Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:57 am

[s]the weight of echoes wrote on 21:49, 14th Oct 2002:
You don't have the right to enjoy yourself here, you have the right to enjoy what you came here to study. That's what you're called a "student".

I didn't come here to enjoy studying - I came here to get a respectable degree at the end and to have a good time, not necessarily in that order.

I have been drinking from about four this afternoon and am still drunk now 13 hours later - not bad going, what?
Anon.

Re:

Postby mrsRossLoveChild on Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:13 am

[s]the weight of echoes wrote on 21:49, 14th Oct 2002:
You don't have the right to enjoy yourself here, you have the right to enjoy what you came here to study.

Fair enough - Jesus boy - just don't let me catch you knocking off to indulge yourself in a bout of rapturous adoration, when you're supposed to be studying!
mrsRossLoveChild

Re:

Postby the weight of echoes on Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:00 pm

What a silly response.

Rapturous adoration is a form of studying.
the weight of echoes

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:35 pm

what a silly response. Rapturous adoration is a form of studying.

Re:

Postby pala on Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:49 pm

Its quite confussing what i get from this messages is that st andrews is a fun place where people get drunk all the time however i still havent met anyone who is up for it... Am i talking to the wrong people?
pala

Re:

Postby Anon. on Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:45 am

Yes, you are.

Tell you what, I might actually get up for Ancient History one morning (I am a 2nd year, but doing 1st year AN modules this year) and we can start drinking before the lecture and carry on all day.

What do you say?
Anon.

Re:

Postby pala on Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:15 pm

What do you say?
[/i]
Finally!!!! Someone who knows how to fun... Sounds great, seems like my boring days here are over
pala

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Fri Oct 18, 2002 7:22 pm

I hope you have a good night tonight, DJR. I'll be at our favorite flat on the other dise of the Burn tonight watching some sort of girly movie.

Something everyone should consider in this thread debate,
Drunkeness may be one thing, but drunkenly trying to skinny dip in every significant pool of water in St Andrews?
not just the North Sea
Kinness Burn,
pond in Bute courtyard,
Meville pond,
seal pool at the Gatty Centre
(hasn't yet gone into the pool of the all girls' school)

--- now that IS comendable.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Anon. on Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:46 am

Yes, and now I have been drinking all night and am pretty thoroughly slaughtered at (let me check) 10.42 a.m. - yet I still consider myself an amateur drunkard by St Andrean standards. Am I? Is it still "not done" to be drunk in the morning? Do tell, I'm simply itching to know.
Anon.

Re:

Postby stan on Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:58 pm

anon

if you fancy a game of alcoholic golf then let me know, takes about three hours but gets you very drunk despite attempts at the opposite. if that aint good enough throw down the gaunlet and well raise our standards together.
stan

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:08 pm

What?! They expect you to attend these lectures without the aid alcohol? Hmmm. What a new and potentially exciting concept. I feel sorry for you i really do but there are numbers you can ring...

Re:

Postby Anon. on Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:51 pm

Ouch - horrible hangover.

I hate my life.
Anon.

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:55 pm

Why is it that so many people on this thread have posted while being apparently totally drunk, but have managed to make next to no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

How much alcohol are you drinking to become 'drunk'?
Cola Cube

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:09 pm

Maybe their spelling/grammar is like my airhockey playing - and improves with alcohol?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Cola Cube on Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:11 pm

Perhaps, but I was pretty sure that only applied to air hockey, pool and numerous card games.
Cola Cube

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board