Home

TheSinner.net

Ideas, ideas, ideas!!!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Ideas, ideas, ideas!!!

Postby LJ on Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:18 pm

Ok, I'm looking for some fundraising ideas... any ideas! No matter how daft they are! Preferably things which would appeal to you (ie students)! Seriously... anything you can think of! Go on... ;)
LJ

Re:

Postby rae on Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:20 pm

Cow patty bingo???
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:50 pm

Sponsored breaking and entering.
Student pro wrestling events (I know we're untrained, it'll add and air of real danger!).
Supporting a cause people care about enough to actually donate.
Put up discreet posters around the union saying "fun and thievery in the aid of tonight!" then get a few people to wander round the union picking peoples pockets carrying little 'fun' cards saying they're part of the fundraising team. ie Nick people's money but make out that it's all just fun, games and a bit of a laugh.

[hr]"It's a sunrise and a sunset
from a cradle to a casket,
there is no way to escape."
- Bright Eyes "Sunrise, sunset"
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby LJ on Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:49 am

Mmm, that sounds interesting and quite hilarious, but I get the feeling that the people getting their money nicked might not find it quite as funny and I don't think we really want to spend the money raised on getting out of jail!

Cow patty bingo... how exactly does that work (sounds kinda gross!!!)

Someone suggested snail racing to me! Kinda like a trip to the horses, but with snails instead!
LJ

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:37 am

Why not have a flat racing season, with various student flats entered?

[hr]The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:30 pm

Student Pro Wrestling? Sounds fun and dangerous. Could I commentate? I've seen enough of JR's double chinned antics to be able to do a passable "OH MY GOD, MICK FOLEY IS DEAD!" :P

Just remember that with any event - and wrestling especially - it's the promos and heat that make an event. If you have a buzz about an event, then obviously more people will turn up and more money can be raised.
Prophet Tenebrae

Bingo

Postby rae on Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:44 pm

You divide a field into squares, takes bets on specific squares, and release a cow. Whichever squadron is utilised by the cow first wins.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:51 pm

Release the cows!
Thackary

Re:

Postby LJ on Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:06 pm

Where would we get a cow though? I think we might get done for animal cruelty! I think it would be funny if we put some of the lecturers up for auction so they can be our 'slave for the day!'
LJ

Re:

Postby Al on Tue Oct 01, 2002 4:24 pm

"Where would we get a cow though? I think we might get done for animal cruelty"

Errm? A field with cows in it perhaps? And it's hardly cruel to allow a cow to have a dump, is it?

[hr]All this is a dream. Still, examine it with a few experiments.
Al

Re:

Postby LJ on Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:31 pm

So you're suggesting that we get a bit crowd of students around a field and put bets on where the cows are going to shit?
LJ

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:37 pm

Bingo! I think you've got the idea.
Thackary

Re:

Postby heather on Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:07 pm

[s]LJ wrote on 19:18, 30th Sep 2002:
Ok, I'm looking for some fundraising ideas... any ideas! No matter how daft they are! Preferably things which would appeal to you (ie students)! Seriously... anything you can think of! Go on... ;)

In the U.S. we have jello wrestling in childrens pools with lots of jello. Then we charge a few bucks to get in. Everyone has a good time, and money is made for a small price (after all jello is not very much. Or you could have toga party (always fun). How about a costume party at halloween, and the proceeds go to your fund raising effort. Then there's always the reliable walk/run to raise money (i.e. cancer, aids, diabetes, fire department). Plus don't forget selling candy....lots of options, keep trying
:-)!!
heather

New fundraising idea...

Postby Janet on Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:21 pm

I Just came across this website and ordered from them. They have got the best fundraiser that I have worked with in a long time. They are car window decals. Not only are they a good money maker, but they also acknowledge your child. I urge everyone to check them out. the web address is http://home.satx.rr.com/signspectrum or directly email them at signs@satx.rr.com

Thanks and Good Luck,
Janet
Janet

Re:

Postby Joy on Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:56 am

A fundraiser that has worked in the past is to get an old car (mostlikely from a junk yard) and a few bats. Then charge people a small amout to smash in the car. People seem to really get into it...all that built up aggression, you know...

Joy
Joy

Re:

Postby Dj Balloon on Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:02 am

I'd definitely be up for some pro-wrestling action. I know a few others who would be also. I want the chokeslam as my special move though ;-)
Dj Balloon

Re:

Postby skye66 on Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:43 am

[s]LJ wrote on 19:18, 30th Sep 2002:

bake sales. or play the flute next to the accordian guy outside of Subways.
skye66

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:18 am

[s]Unregisted User Dj Balloon wrote on 21:43, 2nd Nov 2002:
I'd definitely be up for some pro-wrestling action. I know a few others who would be also. I want the chokeslam as my special move though ;-)

That's fine I've been victim to a good few chokeslams and have survived.

[hr]
"Very occasionally, if you really pay attention,
life doesn't suck."
-Joss Whedon
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Daft, weird and nutty

Postby Larry on Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:25 am

How about a plane pull, pink flamingo sale, cow pie bingo, goldfish race, goat insurance, penny drive, a don't come event and more? Try http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/index.html
Larry

Re:

Postby RichZ on Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:42 am

Why don't you try a WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT?
(Not sure why i did that in caps, never mind.)
Yeah attempt to break a world record - that would be good, I'm sure you couldd find/come up with one which would be a laugh. I remember seeing about Newcastle Uni getting "the worlds longest chain of bras" in a circle around their union. Now come on that would be a laugh. Wouldn't it?

Anyone got any other fun (but legitimate) world records we could try to break?
RichZ

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board