Home

TheSinner.net

Where can you find decent guys in this town?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Jiang on Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:39 am

Farwall, you may be right. I know that there are lots of people who can't stand yahs, and yes, maybe my social scene is a little limited at times. No one's more aware of that than me! But at the same time, like it or not, one can easily categorise guys in this town. For example, the yahs (some nice and some just nobby), the freaks (again some nice and others just plain weird), homosexuals (therefore not much good for me), the ones that have girlfriends and the rest. You should realise therefore that there is not a lot of choice here.
Jiang

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:50 am

How does that count as 'not much choice'? Not only do you have two diametrically opposite groups (the yahs and the freaks), but you had to come up with a group so generic that the only name you could give it was 'the rest', which could encompass every man under the sun. If you're trying to support a point here you're really not expressing yourself very well.
Plus, if you really do dismiss each man in this town as being a member of one of these wildy generic groups then it's not suprising you can't find one you like.

"He's not a yah or a freak, therefore he's one of the rest and so I'm not interested in him." Erm..., yes dear.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Jiang on Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:44 am

I'm not saying that "the rest" are bad or anything. What I'm saying is that the other said categories outweigh the decent ones. That's all.
Jiang

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:46 am

Also, there seems to be a psychological thing in both men and women that only thin equals good, due to years of media forcing this image down our throats. So (some?) men are only interested in thin women, and ones who don't fit the image have little self-confidence, which is not really attractive in itself.

[hr]The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as 'Things just happen. What the hell.'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Where are all the nice guys hiding

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:14 pm

[s]Jiang wrote on 23:53, 2nd Oct 2002:
If I knew the answer to that...well, I wish I did anyway. Sigh. Come on guys, where are you hiding?

There are a lot of nice guys here,you just have to know where to look. New Hall is the best place,there are a lot of nice guys there. Not only are they good looking but they have a personality too!

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:20 pm

DRH, Forbes block.

;)
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:05 am

Where are all the nice guys?

We left
Portly Steve

Portly Steve

Postby JJ on Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:46 am

Steve, when did you leave, and what are you doing - not that I am asking in a 'you are cute' way - I am a bloke, and not that way inclined, but there was once a famous Steve that was portly - and presumably you are he.

Are you having a year of beer? Or have you had it?
JJ

Re:

Postby Decadence on Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:24 am

[s]Unregisted User Portly Steve wrote on 10:02, 9th Oct 2002:
Where are all the nice guys?

We left

Indeed... Years ago!

D.

[hr]
"Yes, I am an agent of Satan,
But my duties are largely ceremonial."

... Thus spake the Cardinal of Decadence
Decadence

Re:

Postby Zen on Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:41 pm

So far I've met alot of really nice guys here, ok I've met a bunch of not so nice ones too but it's like that where ever you go, I'm sure the guys could say the same about the girl scene here too. I met the guy I'm dating right now on our hall's 3 legged pub crawl and he is like one of the nicest guys and some of the other guys in our hall are just the best, so they do exist........
Zen

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:54 am

A good method of finding a nice guy or girl is to find a large stick and hang out around town and poke members of the appropriate gender (if you're fussy about that sort of thing) with the stick and when/ if they react, you ask if they're nice a nice guy/ girl.

If they answer yes, drag them back to your cave / hall of residence / flat. Problem solved.
Prophet Tenebrae

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:45 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Re:

Postby laurence on Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:33 pm

all the nice guys don't want to know you.

get over it.
laurence

Re:

Postby Jiang on Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:56 am

The poking with sticks is actually not a bad idea. I know where you can find some really pointy ones too...at a very competitive price.
Jiang

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:50 pm

[s]CarolynSD wrote on 15:45, 12th Oct 2002:
Prophet-very amusing.

Some other alternatives I have seen/experienced:
-Shag random people's legs before you meet them without explanation
-If they are wearing a name tag switch it for yours and introduce yourself as them(no, I dont understand either)
-Tell someone they are the first beautiful/stunning/dashing person in ST Andrews you have seen...ever
-Serenade someone with You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling(what is it with Top Gun?)

ALthough, frankly, I like the stick poking the best.

May I take a guess at the identity of the person who has tried these- Ewan, ex of the KK?

I think I remember seeing him do at least one of these.
Pilmour Boy

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:50 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Re:

Postby janeicec on Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:35 pm

The stick poking is quite amusing. Here's another one that I've experienced just today. Guy goes up to every girl he sees and proceeds to do his best caveman-style grunt. While I and the other ladies I saw him approach were not interested/amused there is bound to be one who will be.
janeicec

Maybe not arrogant?

Postby Robin RD on Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:50 pm

Why are girls always assumed to be arrogant if they don't chat you up??? Can't they just be shy?
Robin RD

Re:

Postby JJ on Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:52 pm

[s]Unregisted User Robin RD wrote on 19:06, 14th Oct 2002:
Why are girls always assumed to be arrogant if they don't chat you up??? Can't they just be shy?

Is this just a random comment, or is there a personal touch to it?
JJ

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board