Home

TheSinner.net

Where can you find decent guys in this town?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Where can you find decent guys in this town?

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:30 pm

He was in some advert or other about investments and pensions a year or so ago... In which the mirth was extracted about the rest of the Rainbow cast being much more in demand than he...

I think he actually does some kind of regular job down South somewhere in Kent... At least that's what my brain is telling me it has remembered...

D.

[hr]"Yes, I am an agent of Satan,
But my duties are largely ceremonial."

... Thus spake the Cardinal of Decadence

Re:

Postby Jiang on Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:53 pm

If I knew the answer to that...well, I wish I did anyway. Sigh. Come on guys, where are you hiding?
Jiang

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:53 pm

ask Fugaziboy
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:53 pm

Sleeping with other decent guys, generally.

[hr]"It's a sunrise and a sunset
from a cradle to a casket,
there is no way to escape."
- Bright Eyes "Sunrise, sunset"
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Anon on Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:54 pm

LGBT?? :-P
Anon

Re:

Postby Phina on Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:01 am

As opposed to indecent guys?
Phina

Re:

Postby rae on Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:52 am

Mmmm, yes, bring on the indecent guys! I don't want a committal, nice, sweet type right now. Indecent all the way! They should be easier to meet but I'm striking out so far.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:35 am

I hope this isn't going to turn into another nice guy thread - where all the "nice guys" complain that they're dumped because of being too nice.

Ah, cruel fate.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Jiang on Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:29 pm

Decent or indecent - who cares? They must all be hiding out in the Red Reiver or something.
Jiang

Re:

Postby Mush on Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:42 pm

They shoved me into DRH, so I guess I can't be nice. Ah, curse that brief criminal record of mine (if "Possession of an Offensive Weapon" for carrying a Swiss army knife late at night on the way back from the pub is really a crime ... the bored police officer I ran into certainly thought it was).
Mush

Swallowgate and Craigard

Postby Hermione on Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:10 am

Trust me, if you're looking for a nice guy, head on over to Classics. They aren't all dull... well, it's true! What you got to lose? And the other thing about classicists is that they always chat to people: must be lonely.
Hermione

Bah!

Postby Dj Baloon on Sun Oct 06, 2002 2:28 pm

There are plenty of decent guys in town but most of them are pretty disillusioned by the shortage of any fine fillies. My advice, move stateside...
Dj Baloon

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:42 pm

Randy McTavish was better.
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby Jiang on Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:55 pm

To DJ Balloon, if you have to move stateside then you obviously don't have a decent pair of eyes. The problem with some guys here is that they have absolutely no taste and don't have the ability to look more than 10 feet in front of them. Dumbasses.
Jiang

hrumph

Postby Dj Baloon on Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:02 pm

In my experience many girls here tend to be so arrogant that they render themselves unapproachable. Those that remain are either taken, or presumably in hiding. Ten foor in front of me would lead me to my male next door neighbour. He's a nice guy but he doesn't really float my boat. *sighs*
Dj Baloon

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:06 pm

Look kids, irony is smacking people in the face and they don't even know!
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Jiang on Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:51 pm

Personally I just feel as though guys in this town are quite narrow-minded at times. It seems that all of them just want some tall blonde pashmina-wearing yah. No one else seems to get a look-in. There are lots of (good-looking)girls in this town that just seem to fade into the crowd because of some guys' attitudes.
Jiang

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:53 pm

[s]Jiang wrote on 22:51, 7th Oct 2002:
Personally I just feel as though guys in this town are quite narrow-minded at times. It seems that all of them just want some tall blonde pashmina-wearing yah. No one else seems to get a look-in. There are lots of (good-looking)girls in this town that just seem to fade into the crowd because of some guys' attitudes.

I know exactly what you mean. Got crucifies for it on the other thread. Seems a lot of little boys don't like the truth.

[hr]
The philosopher Didactylos has summed up an alternative hypothesis as 'Things just happen. What the hell.'
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:16 pm

[s]Jiang wrote on 22:51, 7th Oct 2002:

Appart from the vast hoards of us who can't stand yahs and have no idea what 'pashmina' is. I think it might be the case that your social scene is a bit too limited rather than all the men in the town fitting your (incredibly narrow) stereotype.

[hr]
I live my life head first, straight down
Waiting for the day when I hit the ground.
I don't care where, I don't care when
I just hope I'll feel right again.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:04 am

See my above post.
Prophet Tenebrae

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board