Home

TheSinner.net

The Alternative KK Club

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:17 am

I'm surprised that James could reply to that crippling anonymous attack - if anyone is stuck up, it's the type of person who is so self-involved with their own view point they can't see the facts straight.

I imagine that even the most feverent 1892 member would acknowledge that the KK did good around town and saying that they don't merely serves to make you look (more) stupid. Of course anonymous idiots are fun so by all means continue.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby kensson on Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:51 am

I imagine that even the most feverent 1892 member would acknowledge that the KK did good around town.

As a fervent 1892 member, I acknowledge that the KK does a lot of good around the town - the only problem I have is with their membership policy. I was out flyering the procession last year, the first time I've seen it; it was really quite fun.

As far as an 'alternative KK' goes, I think this town has quite enough single-sex organisations.
kensson

Pink Shirts

Postby Jos Dad on Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:37 pm

In my experience (I graduated in 1960) pink shirts were not an affectation, as much as the result of putting white shirts in the same wash as your gown. But I suppose having a gown could be regarded as an affectation. (they made excellent dressing gowns or extra balankets though.)
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:44 am

Hehe, kicked up a bit of a fuss there. Well, the pink shirts seem to be subsiding. or maybe i haven't been in the westport or ma bells for long enough

james, carry on like that and you'll be the next conservative leader. i'm sure you're already well acquainted with prostitutes.

:) have a nice day :) i will

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:44 am

and, on another note, i haven't even visited the yahoo site where the karl kennedy thing is on. and i'm not going to. it's all a bit of fun but mr baster seems to have got his knickers in a twist

:)

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:45 am

And prophet, do you believe that the KK club is a good thing? personally i think it's a sexist, snobbish group, who desperately need to please mater and pater.

how many people from working class backgrounds do you think are in it?

(sorry for the amount of posts, but i kept on remembering things..)

University Politics

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:46 am

Look, let's be quite honest here. University politics is a sad occupation. Slagging off the KK or unreservedly supporting them is just training yourselves to 'bitch around the coffee table' when you all get your 'executive telesales' careers going.

The rector does nothing, claims to improve accomodation standards etc. are just wastes of paper. Are you seriously suggesting that the university thinks 'mmm...well, we'll make the accomodation really shit this year....for a laugh'.

The only visible sign of student politics is the students' union, which is quite frankly a joke. How is it that commercial clubs in Dundee can charge a fiver to put on cheap drinks, decent DJs, transport to/from Dundee AND make a profit? For freshers' week, the union charged £7 for a night with unpaid DJs, expensive drinks, cheap rent and NOT make a profit.

Glasgow Union - Three Vodkas for a pound all night long. Edinburgh Union - 10p vodka until from 8 til 9.

Student politics is a sad attempt to 'put something worthwhile on your CV'. With the exception of the Union, this pathetic mini-society affects nobody.

Re:

Postby James Baster on Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:03 am

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:47, 30th Oct 2002:
and, on another note, i haven't even visited the yahoo site where the karl kennedy thing is on.

Well, make up some name and start using it. Then I'll know who I'm arguing with. And incidetilly, dont bother. I visited, and there site has 3 members and 1 message.

and i'm not going to. it's all a bit of fun but mr baster seems to have got his knickers in a twist :)

Like I said, I dont care if there just having a bit of fun. But this person:

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 14:28, 22nd Oct 2002:
The society will indeed be starting up as an all-women exclusive club. The club is not against the Kate Kennedy Club, but merely feels that an alternative for women is needed.

Seems to be taking themselves very seriously. The only people who get away with being that deluded are my friends. And by the way, my friends actually think up good insults for me, so your not one of them.

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 16:46, 30th Oct 2002:
james, carry on like that and you'll be the next conservative leader. i'm sure you're already well acquainted with prostitutes.

Oh my, your put downs get Classier and Classier. I cant take it. I need to go and lie down for a bit.

:) have a nice day :) i will

Thank you. I have a nice day lined up to.

[hr]
[s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Deleted

Postby CarolynSD on Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:37 am

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by CarolynSD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolynSD

Re:

Postby Thackary on Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:11 am

It's both, Carolyn.
Thackary

Re:

Postby skye66 on Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:45 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 17:56, 29th Oct 2002:
What type of soup? Heinz?

French Onion
skye66

Bah

Postby Tom Plant on Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:25 am

There's nowt wrong with pink shirts, lad. Although, I hate seeing collars turned up, Elvis style; especially on rugby shirts. With Oakley shades. But, in fairness, I know some very nice, not at all snooty people who dress like that, just as I know some absolute bastards who wear jeans and a t-shirt. You can't judge a book by the number of its pages, as the old cliche goes. Inverted snobbery is just as bad as snobbery.

PS Working class members of the KK - quite a lot, actually, and quite a few foreigners, too. No, they're not all white. And some have long hair. Surprised?
Tom Plant

Lou Carpenter

Postby anarchy2000 on Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:01 pm

Compared to the god like Lou, Karl is a pussy and in the ranks of Harold Bishop who is indeed a pussy.
Lou is a God and can have his way with any woman he want's on the neighbours set because he is so masculine and has gorgantious penis.
anarchy2000

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:40 am

Fucking hell.
The Kaiser

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board