Home

TheSinner.net

British Test

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Bitterandtwisted on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:32 pm

Perhaps we should have questions on dialect expressions?

What does an Aberdonian mean when he asks: "Furry boots y'fae?"

If a Glaswegian is without a "Scooby", what does he lack?

What does someone from the Highlands or Islands mean by "Bouruch" or "Bottoch"? (Note: that's how they sound - I have no idea how they're spellled. Probably Gaellic.)

[hr]

When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams will come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling towards the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much fucked no matter what you wished for. Unless it's death by meteorite.
[img:2ysfvhns]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dm35.jpg[/img:2ysfvhns]
Bitterandtwisted

Re:

Postby Bryn on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:59 pm

I only got 7.

But Grrr, Father Christmas does NOT live at the North Pole. As if anyone could live at the North Pole!! He lives at Korvatunturi in Lapland. (and I'm pretty sure that was made official a while back)

http://virtual.finland.fi/xmas/santa/santa_a.htm

[hr]

http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:40 pm

8/14, and i got the saints one right - St Andrews Day is in november, and there was only one option with that at the end.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby LK Today on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:38 pm

9 - but I ain't really British!
LK Today

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:43 pm

Hold on, I just read an article about a rich buseinessman who divorced his wife less than a year into the marriage adn she still got loads of his dough. That's what made it controversial, that someone married for 200-some-odd days still had to fork over lots of money.

And I love the not-so-subtle jabs at Americans (the Coca-Cola company is at fault, always).

And Santa Claus is dead, has been for hundreds of years.

11, by the way.

[hr]

I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby kitty on Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:54 pm

I got a 7, but I am american. I knew which saints represented the different countries (except wales), but alas, I did not know when the holidays were. oh well.
kitty

Re:

Postby the Empress on Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:31 pm

I got 9. The Saint's question was stupid. I knew that St Andrews day came before St Patrick's day, but as forgot that that was according to the academic year, still got it wrong. But apparently 6-10 qualifies you for a seat on the district council. But then 14 gets you the throne according to the site, but I can't imagine the Queen knows about pub etiquette?

[hr]

It takes a man who knows no fear to wrestle with a goat
the Empress

Re:

Postby aladdinsane12 on Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:14 pm

I feel good about my 8, especially because I'm an American.
aladdinsane12

Previous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board