Home

TheSinner.net

Students In University Accommodation

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Students In University Accommodation

Postby Kenny MacDonald on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:35 pm

Hello everybody!

I'm your new SRC Member for University Accommodation. As part of my remit, I would like to canvass student opinion on University Accommodation and pick up on any issues you have.

As there are lots of similar threads on other areas, I'm sure you all know the drill by now... My email is kwm, so feel free to get in touch.

Cheers,
Kenny
Kenny MacDonald

Re:

Postby David Bean on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Two words: Melville rocks.

[hr]

I'm your Guardian Angel.
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby White Knight on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Perhaps also asking for advice from the Senior Students who *should* know the current/re-occuring problems might be an idea???
White Knight

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Melville smells - they need to have a deep clean in there.

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 pm

Melville smells - they need to have a deep clean in there.

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:33 pm

Could you ask the DRA admin team to stop sending us spam (they average about three emails a day, all pointless) please?

[hr]

Hail Ilpalazzo!
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
http://web.mac.com/brothermunro My Page of Random
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:34 pm

well they're not pointless....they're trying to drum up business for the bistro...they ARE however annoying...

[hr]

Many Bothans died to bring you this information...
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:29 pm

Quoting David Bean from 13:49, 3rd Nov 2005

Perhaps; but after seven years there you kind of want to leave...trust me.

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Quoting David Bean from 13:49, 3rd Nov 2005

from side to side as its foundations are getting more and more dodgy...

Re:

Postby Jason Dunn on Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:56 pm

I've just discovered that Sallies wants us to completely remove all of our belongings from rooms over the Christmas Holiday. Whilst this is all well and good for conference purposes, it is a great inconvenience. Would the SRC Member for University Accommodation be able to look into the possibility of finding extra storage space in halls for holiday periods?
Jason Dunn

Re:

Postby Kenny MacDonald on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:27 pm

Quoting white knight from 15:14, 3rd Nov 2005
Perhaps also asking for advice from the Senior Students who *should* know the current/re-occuring problems might be an idea???

Don't you worry there White Knight, I already had.
Kenny MacDonald

Re:

Postby Kenny MacDonald on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Quoting Jason Dunn from 17:56, 3rd Nov 2005
I've just discovered that Sallies wants us to completely remove all of our belongings from rooms over the Christmas Holiday. Whilst this is all well and good for conference purposes, it is a great inconvenience. Would the SRC Member for University Accommodation be able to look into the possibility of finding extra storage space in halls for holiday periods?

The Residence Manager in Sallies should have some storage space in the Hall for belongings over the Christmas Holidays. If students there are finding the storage space offered is insufficient, let me know and I'll take it up.
Kenny MacDonald

Re:

Postby iab2 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:29 pm

The rabbits and seagulls at Albany Park are a huge pain. You cannot walk over the grass without rabbit shit sticking to your shoes and then getting smeared all round the house. The seagulls will tear apart any bin-bag not adequetly hidden, throwing rubbish around and making a huge mess.

I would like to suggest a cull on health and safety grounds.

This is a serious suggestion.

[hr]

IMAGE:x2.putfile.com/9/26815241796.jpg
iab2

Re:

Postby orudge on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:34 pm

Quoting ARTooD2 from 15:34, 3rd Nov 2005
well they're not pointless....they're trying to drum up business for the bistro...they ARE however annoying...

Especially when you live in Albany Park and receive them (we get all the e-mails too, as we're managed from DRA as well). I have no real desire to walk/cycle 2 miles for an overpriced meal/drink when there are plenty of places in town that are closer and probably better. :)

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby terry towelling on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:58 am

Quoting iab2 from 19:29, 3rd Nov 2005
The rabbits and seagulls at Albany Park are a huge pain. You cannot walk over the grass without rabbit shit sticking to your shoes and then getting smeared all round the house. The seagulls will tear apart any bin-bag not adequetly hidden, throwing rubbish around and making a huge mess.

I would like to suggest a cull on health and safety grounds.

This is a serious suggestion.

A cull of what? The idiot residents who don't put stuff in the bins? Or the ones who chuck food out of the kitchen windows?

There's rarely rabbit shit on the paths, and the paths were put there for you to walk on (so I think that's the easiest solution to that one...). Another alternative would be a doormat.
terry towelling

Re:

Postby iab2 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:25 am

A doormat is not a solution. I do not like the idea dragging shit into the house where we have to live. In case you do not already know that stuff is bad for you. Perhaps smearing it off your shoes is good enough for you, but when I spend a lot of my time clearing shit off my floors it makes me angry. I would rather it was not there at all.

Perhaps another 'alternative' would be to pave the entire park if there is rarely shit on paths.

Perhaps we could forgoe toilets ourselves and use the grass, as long as you keep to the paths you might be ok...

I propose that the first idiot resident is terry towelling (an easy solution to that problem)

[hr]

iab2

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:29 pm

i have never had a problem with rabbit shit in my house. shall we kill the ducks in spring too just in case they go into one of the houses left open
(on a serious note the albany doors tend to be fucked. sometimes they dont close unless you really bloody slam them - waking everyone in your house)
but yeah lets kill all the seagulls, cause thats possible.
and the rabbits may actually need culled...sorry to say but there are too many and someone has informed me that the black patches on there coats are a sign of illness. they need to go....but as rabbits go at it like newleyweds. i think its safe to say they will be back next spring.

Quoting iab2 from 10:25, 4th Nov 2005
A doormat is not a solution. I do not like the idea dragging shit into the house where we have to live. In case you do not already know that stuff is bad for you. Perhaps smearing it off your shoes is good enough for you, but when I spend a lot of my time clearing shit off my floors it makes me angry. I would rather it was not there at all.

Perhaps another 'alternative' would be to pave the entire park if there is rarely shit on paths.

Perhaps we could forgoe toilets ourselves and use the grass, as long as you keep to the paths you might be ok...

I propose that the first idiot resident is terry towelling (an easy solution to that problem)

[hr]

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Return to The Sinner's Main Board