Home

TheSinner.net

FOAM PARTY!!!!!!!!

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

FOAM PARTY!!!!!!!!

Postby RichZ on Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:38 pm

Yeah I just reminded myself when replying to a thread that there's a foam party in V1 on Saturday! Should be good.

Also, there's going to be some kind of surf board machine thing - like bucking bronco, but a surf board. Cool ehh!
RichZ

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:40 pm

Stop putting up pointless topics RichZ, your attention seeking antics aren't endearing.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby camel club on Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:58 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 17:40, 24th Oct 2002:
Stop putting up pointless topics RichZ, your attention seeking antics aren't endearing.

Ten, you're an arse. You can stay in your room, posting bitter messages on the Sinner, but there are people out here in the real world who are grateful for the entertainment that the hard working individuals responsible for such events provide.

You have no idea of the amount of time and effort which goes into each event which you so casually slag off.

You're a fool.
camel club

Re:

Postby The Kaiser on Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:48 am

MEE-YOW!
The Kaiser

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:22 am

You have no idea of the amount of time and effort which goes into each event which you so casually slag off.

Thank you. It's good someone knows how much work it is to do anything in the Union.

We have the bar staff who, despite people complaining they never get served soon enough, work their asses off and don't leave until long after everyone else has buggered off home or gone to a party.

The door staff have to deal with the people who've drunk too much and are throwing up, the people who've drunk too much and are causing trouble or fighting, and even the injuries that can occur during a night out. On top of that, they have to sweep the Bop out and clear Venue 2 after an event, not forgetting trying to keep the bar in licence by getting people to drink up and ship out once time is called.

On top of that we have the Ents crew who come in to work on the lights sounds and associated knick-knacks people take for granted at an event such as the Bop - the foam machine and 'surfing bronco' for an example. They don't even get paid for it, so I think when one of them decides to inform the general student populous of an event, the least you can do is listen.

This doesn't even go so far as to include the cleaners (who come in at 7 every morning to clear up the mess left behind by up to 2000 students, combined with vast quantities of alcohol, descending on one small building) and the Sabbaticals (and other Union folk) who arrange such events to give people a disco every week, since we don't have a nightclub (or much else) in St Andrews.

Sometimes you just have to realise how much work goes into providing a quarter of the student population with entertainment every week.

/End of early morning rant
underworlddreams

Re:

Postby James Baster on Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:48 am

[s]underworlddreams wrote on 09:22, 25th Oct 2002:
The door staff have to deal with the people who've drunk too much and are throwing up, the people who've drunk too much

Only once have I had to deal with one of my friends who has got to the traditional "To drunk to stand up" stage and some guy on the door staff kept coming up and offering me use of the union mini bus to get her home. So I just want to add a "Hear Hear" to that.

[hr]
[s]Its nice to be able to blaspheme. It takes a very special and strong-minded kind of atheist to jump up and down with their hand clasped under their other armpit and shout 'Oh, random-flucuations-in-the-space-time-continuum!' or 'Aaargh, primitive-and-out-moded-concept on a crutch!' - Terry Pratchet, Men at arms[/s]
James Baster

Re:

Postby Al on Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:49 pm

"The door staff have to...keep the bar in licence by getting people to drink up and ship out once time is called."

Do they still threaten slow drinkers with the bucket?

[hr]"Shelley and jazz and lieder and love and hymn-tunes and day returns too soon...."
Al

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 25, 2002 1:11 pm

Your obvious childhood issues aside camel club - maybe you should stop being so defensive and actually understand that I wasn't insulting your precious foam party, for which you no doubt blew every bubble, but was just chiding RichZ for posting about 10 topics in five minutes. So maybe *you* should stop being an arse?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby LJ on Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:03 pm

so... what's the code of dress for this foam party then?
LJ

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:35 pm

Presumably anything inexpensive - no responsibility will be taken for damage done to clothes etc.
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:13 pm

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 14:11, 25th Oct 2002:
Your obvious childhood issues aside camel club - maybe you should stop being so defensive and actually understand that I wasn't insulting your precious foam party, for which you no doubt blew every bubble, but was just chiding RichZ for posting about 10 topics in five minutes. So maybe *you* should stop being an arse?

I agree with Camel Club on this one - it seemed as though you were slagging off the foam party.

As stated above, there are people who are grateful for the efforts that others put into these events, and for the people involved, your comments can really put a dampener on things.

I'd advise you to think twice before posting messages. Even if your intention was to chide RichZ, it certainly didn't come across as that.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:17 pm

Well Thackary, I'm not particularly concerned what people make of my posts or their patronising, I don't post with the aim of giving people a warm fuzzy feeling.

Not to mention that anyone that knows me, or has read more than a handful of my messages on this board will know that I'm a big Union fan and frown upon those who look down on the Union.

However if people want to clamp their hands over their ears and sing a tune, who am I to stop them?
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:44 am

[s]LJ wrote on 16:03, 25th Oct 2002:
so... what's the code of dress for this foam party then?

White t-shirts for the ladies.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby James Baster on Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:04 am

[s]Prophet Tenebrae wrote on 14:11, 25th Oct 2002:
chiding RichZ for posting about 10 topics in five minutes.

Because you never do that do you? No .....

P.S. Rich Z (& everyone else), please post events on the calendar. Its there for a reason, and anyone can post.
James Baster

Re:

Postby RaphX on Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:14 am

[s]James Baster wrote on 11:04, 26th Oct 2002:Because you never do that do you? No .....

IMAGE:www.fanatic1985.netfirms.com/dragowned.jpg

[hr]
Let it be a joke
Let it be a smile
Let it be a farce if it makes me laugh for a little while
Let it be a tear
Let it be a sigh
Coming from a heart, speaking to a heart, let it be a cry
RaphX

Woah!

Postby Homer on Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:29 am

Calm down people, is this whole reaction thing going a bit overboard or does it reflect some people's agenda towards the Proph?
Over on the 'Results' thread someone has posted a message hoping that people die and no one has seen fit to pick up on this, the most ludicrous views are normally put forward without recourse to personal attacks, most of the time anyway. However the Proph was just being his usaul sarcastic self and huge piles of scorn and abuse (well, maybe not huge...) are lumped on him.
Personally, his original reply doesn't sound to me like he was criticising anyone at the Union.
Homer

Re:

Postby Amanda on Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:26 pm

yay homer :) for sticking up for 10. if you didn't already know that his innate sarcasm is part of his, umm, for want of a better word, charm, then, well, it is :)
good god...better go lie down before i do something stupid like start up a 10 fan club or something :P

[hr][s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:11 pm

James: I think we all know that all of my topics are, always, without question important and relevant. :P

Thank you Homer and Amanda for the defence from those who crave my popularity and large cult following - you will see rewards in this life and the next. Or just drinks in the Union sometime, I feel so dirty after not going there last night...
Prophet Tenebrae

Return to The Sinner's Main Board