Home

TheSinner.net

Why can't it just bloody snow?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Why can't it just bloody snow?

Postby Duggeh on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:36 pm

December is heading toward us at lightning speed, the ground is becoming universally icy and i now cant go out without a hat and scarf, so why cant it just snow already and be done with it. Snow makes the cold so much nicer.

White Christmas White Christmas White Christmas *crosses fingers*

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tb2-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
[s]http://www.thismanwillkillyou.com[/s]
Duggeh

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:38 pm

Patience Douglas, it shall snow soon enough if Her Majesty's meteorological office is to be believed. And anything the Queen says is good enough for me.

[hr]

image:www.magnificentoctopus.com/x/elgar.png
flarewearer

Re:

Postby BackwardsMan on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:46 pm

In the store I work in (Aberdeen) all the old wifeys all say it's going to snow tomorrow.
BackwardsMan

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:54 pm

Hope it doesn't snow...meant to be going up to the highlands this weekend, don't fancy getting stuck en route!

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby bramble on Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:59 pm

Im in two minds, i absolutely love snow and get really excited when it snows but snow means no riding outside and i hate being stuck in a dusty arena

[hr]

If you never try you'll never know, just what you're worth.

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100067
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Cain on Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:15 pm

Quoting BackwardsMan from 18:46, 23rd Nov 2005
In the store I work in (Aberdeen) all the old wifeys all say it's going to snow tomorrow.

i seriously hope not - i'm teaching first years for a double after lunch and it'll be a nightmare if they're hyper and wet.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:07 pm

Quoting bramble from 18:59, 23rd Nov 2005
Im in two minds, i absolutely love snow and get really excited when it snows but snow means no riding outside and i hate being stuck in a dusty arena

And since we've no place to go

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

[hr]

I'd like to change the world but they won't give me the source code.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:07 pm

Quoting Cain from 19:15, 23rd Nov 2005
i seriously hope not - i'm teaching first years for a double after lunch and it'll be a nightmare if they're hyper and wet.

And my second years will be bolshy in the morning too. At least they won't be making paper aeroplanes... you'd have thought university students would be better behaved... though who am I kidding?

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby chat noir on Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:48 pm

Ooh. I hope it snows too. I loove snow and we hardly get any in Georgia (I for one am always guaranteed not to have a white christmas :( If it does snow it's in january or febuary).

[hr]

Seduce my mind and you can have my body. Find my soul and I am yours forever. Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, always deliver more than you promise, and love like you have never been hurt before.

-Sean Christopher Dean
Seduce my mind and you can have my body. Find my soul and I am yours forever. Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, always deliver more than you promise, and love like you have never been hurt before.

-Sean Christopher Dean
chat noir

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:53 pm

any chance that if it snows enough, i won't have to hand my dissertation in next week?

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:35 pm

Quoting chat noir from 13:48, 24th Nov 2005
Ooh. I hope it snows too. I loove snow and we hardly get any in Georgia (I for one am always guaranteed not to have a white christmas :( If it does snow it's in january or febuary).

[hr]

-Sean Christopher Dean

Chat Noir, where in Georgia are you from? I'm from Roswell - it's a wee bit north west of Atlanta. I'm actually in Edinburgh, not St. Andrews, but I thought I'd say heya to a fellow Georgian. Not too many of us running around over here it seems. :)
Yemminie

Re:

Postby trouble on Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:49 pm

the reason it doesnt snow here is because salt water takes much lower temperatures to freeze, and because we're actually almost in the sea here, it will keep getting colder until snow finally comes when overnight temperatures reach about -10 degrees.Everywhere north of aberdeen is snow covered already.

[hr]

"Just stay with me, safe and ignorant,
Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils,
See, they don't give a fuck about you, like I do." (APC- pet)
trouble

Re:

Postby Kristin on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:44 pm

Well, it sort of snowed a tiny little bit around 2 as I was walking from the library over towards Northpoint...

[hr]

Rochester. Royalist rakehell and rebellious romantic restoration poet. An easy earl and a cavalier chum of Charlie's (II). Wine and women, mirth and laughter - sermons and soda water? The day after? Not for the narcissistic nobleman!
Rochester. Royalist rakehell and rebellious romantic restoration poet. An easy earl and a cavalier chum of Charlie's (II). Wine and women, mirth and laughter - sermons and soda water? The day after? Not for the narcissistic nobleman!
Kristin

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:28 pm

Quoting Kristin from 17:44, 24th Nov 2005
Well, it sort of snowed a tiny little bit around 2 as I was walking from the library over towards Northpoint...

But does it count considering the snow only fell for about 30 seconds? The BBC website says it will be sleet tonight. Meh.

[hr]

And as I was picking me teeth out of the gutter St Peter hisself appeared to me and said, "Sean, you wanker" he said.
"Repent yer evil ways or sod off". The he gobbed in me face and turned back into a lampost.
Bread Roll

Re:

Postby chat noir on Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:49 pm

I'm a city girl. Atlanta born and raised.

Quoting Yemminie from 16:35, 24th Nov 2005
Quoting chat noir from 13:48, 24th Nov 2005

[hr]

-Sean Christopher Dean

Chat Noir, where in Georgia are you from? I'm from Roswell - it's a wee bit north west of Atlanta. I'm actually in Edinburgh, not St. Andrews, but I thought I'd say heya to a fellow Georgian. Not too many of us running around over here it seems. :)

[hr]

-Sean Christopher Dean

-Sean Christopher Dean
chat noir

Re:

Postby theflirt on Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:25 am

I am hoping that since this is supposed to be "one of the worst winters" on record since the 1960's, that when it comes to exam time no-one can actually make it back to St A's and therefore exams will be cancelled....(and Griffindor win the House Cup again!)
I think I am aiming my hopes far too high!

[hr]

Oh pants!
oh pants
theflirt

Re:

Postby Yemminie on Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:09 am

Quoting chat noir from 23:49, 24th Nov 2005
I'm a city girl. Atlanta born and raised.

Oooh, you grew up ITP? Lucky you! I am SO OVER life OTP. When my visa expires I am moving into the city. :) Also, sorry for the whole ITP/OTP thing - I felt a random need to use some Atlantaisms.
Yemminie

Re:

Postby Thackary on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:57 am

It's snowing
Thackary

Re:

Postby pinkymoo on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:11 am

SNOW!! SNOW!! SNOWWW!! SNOWW!! SNOWWW!! SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! SNOWMAN! SNOW SNOW SNOWW SNOWMAN SNOWMAN!! SNOWWMAN!!! SNOWBALL FIGHT! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

Tad excited.
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 am

AND it's Friday? Could this be the best day yet?

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board