Home

TheSinner.net

*Evil Laugh* Neighbours carnage looming

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:45 pm

[/quote]

. . . for the internet hath restored my faith with news of plotlines leading right up til the end of March.

[/quote]

Not very good ones from what I've seen.
"Janae has a big bad secret!"

Big Whoop. How bad a secret can a 16 year old skinny slut with a permenantly jutted forward jaw have? She's probabaly either pregnant and/or got an STD. Maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised: maybe she was born male.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby McK on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:59 pm

I hear they are bringing back Gail Robinson, Paul's ex, in a few months too. I wonder, will her enormous shoulder pads and massive dangly earrings be making a return too?
McK

Re:

Postby Pandora on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Another clue today was Harold telling David he loves them, David questioning the safety of the plane and Serena almost sorting things out with Conner. Has anyone noticed in TV when things are going really well for a couple trajedy is just round the corner?
Pandora

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:07 pm

Toady's episode was very distressing. Sniff.

[hr]

And as I was picking me teeth out of the gutter St Peter hisself appeared to me and said, "Sean, you wanker" he said.
"Repent yer evil ways or sod off". The he gobbed in me face and turned back into a lampost.
Bread Roll

Re:

Postby Griggsy on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:10 pm

Gotta love the special effects though...the plane's gliding, then a shot of the moon and then, oh my god, the tail end of the plane's sticking out of the water! My flatmate summed it up best when the engines cut out saying 'hate to break the mood guys but that plane's pretty heavy, don't think it'll glide too long.'

Yep, he studies Physics

[hr]

'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
'I run wild in the shadowy jungle of erotic adventures.'
Griggsy

Re:

Postby Little Miss Giggles on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Quoting Bread Roll from 14:07, 18th Jan 2006
Toady's episode was very distressing. Sniff.

I know! I cried my eyes out as it was all so sweet that they went down in the arms of people who love them and who they love. Argh I'm such a softie!!!!!
Little Miss Giggles

Re:

Postby Pandora on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Good god the plane took about 20 minutes to crash. The look on Pauls face during Izzys phone call to Karl was priceless. And the long goodbyes with every family member hugging each other, David throwing the saftey card at the doomed Sereena, the choir singing in the bakground. The only thing missing was a shot of the plane smashing into the sea but as they had already blown the 10p budget on the split second explosion they couldnt afford it.
Pandora

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:27 pm

You've got to love those special effects: the sparklers, shakey camera, someone behind the camera flashing a lightbulb on and off, and the super-imposed toy plain with an even worse super-imposed tiny explosion on the side complete with a "boom" sound effect almost worthy of an Acorn computer game. Oh, and a rather dodgy looking zoom-out of Dill at the end.

I did like the manic cries of people's names. I'm no expert, but how unlikely is it that all these people would find themselves dotted about the place outside the plane? I mean, how did they get out? Were Serena and Conner asleep when the others bailed? Must be a bit bemusing being in a full plane and then suddenly, every sinlge other person has vanished and it's just you and your hubby sitting there inside all alone.

Also, how funny are Susan and Paul's reactions to Izzy's phone call to Karl? "Oh my God, we are all going to die, but WAIT A MINUTE . . . Izzy's just said she loves Karl! *Pulls shocked and hurt face* "

Still, as naff and stupid as all this was, I really enjoyed it. Certainly got me on the edge of my seat. And yes, I even snivelled a tear or 2. I think the anguished cries of Susan were quite painful to watch. I know what the topic of conversation with my mates tonight will be.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby bramble on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:53 pm

Oh however unlikely it all was it was completely ace :) But im still sad that so many people are going to get killed off, although i suppose it makes way for better storylines (!) BUT WHY ISNT IZZY DEAD? She bloody survives everything and shes so annoying!
Although that phonecall was funny

[hr]

We're threading hope like fire
Down through the desperate blood
Down through the trailing wire
Into the leafless wood
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Smith on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 pm

Neighbours is shit, tune in to Hollyoaks,
Mon - Fri 6:30pm

They have good enough storylines that they don't need to put a plane crash in it to keep the viewers interested.

[hr]

We're not drunk, we're multi-millionaires...
IMAGE:img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ryanlewisjones/burlyman.jpg
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby Pan on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:11 pm

good storylines? hollyoaks?

what dictionary do you use to define "good"?

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Bread Roll on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Quoting Pan from 15:11, 18th Jan 2006
good storylines? hollyoaks?

what dictionary do you use to define "good"?

I must agree. Hollyoaks is a bit samey samey at the moment (although I still faithfully tune in...) and I'm getting bored with the storylines. Justin and Becca, Sophie and Mel, Max and bloody OB - these have been going on forever and whilst I know it's good to focus on important issues such as drug rape and Cameron's OCD, I wish people would hurry up and notice it so we can have some new plotlines. Every episode is the same.

Rather anxious for Neighbours tomorrow, even though I know which ones die etc.

[hr]

And as I was picking me teeth out of the gutter St Peter hisself appeared to me and said, "Sean, you wanker" he said.
"Repent yer evil ways or sod off". The he gobbed in me face and turned back into a lampost.
Bread Roll

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Eeeek....not seen neighbours yet because I missed the early avro episode with me being on a train....however, will be watching the 5:35 episode provided I can bribe the lil girl my mum childminds to let me watch beeb 1 instead of the ruddy cartoon network.....

And hollyoaks just seems to be one endless love sob story after another.....jeez...we're not all that miserable in Chester you know....
harmless loony

Re:

Postby McK on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:27 pm

Today's Neighbours was brilliant. Special effects notwithstanding, I must admit almost welling up when Susan and Alex were saying goodbye to each other. If I hadn't spoilt it for myself months ago I would be very keen to know who is dead.
McK

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:01 pm

For the plane crash they could have at least cut to the police station for a couple of minutes before going back to the crashed plane, rather than just show the moon for no reason.

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby Stuart on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Quoting Smith from 14:56, 18th Jan 2006
Neighbours is shit, tune in to Hollyoaks,
Mon - Fri 6:30pm

They have good enough storylines that they don't need to put a plane crash in it to keep the viewers interested.

But Neighbours doesn't need 4327 characters
Stuart

Re:

Postby harmless loony on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:09 pm

OK, I have just watched the episode - how very titanic like........the whole year's neighbours special fx budget must have been blown on that one episode......and the evil person that I am I couldn't help but laugh at some of the dramatic acting....lol.....and what was with the shot of the moon? And jeez it took the plane the whole episode to crash land......I was worried thay'd start having flashbacks too (but then remembered that the special fx budget wouldn't have allowed for it....)
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Rufus on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:12 pm

A stroke of unmissable television genius now would be for the survivors in Neighbours to wash up on the shores of the island in Lost.

Now that I would watch.

[hr]

'Love much. Earth has enough bitter in it'
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Rufus

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:28 pm

The Australian (and worldwide) broadcast of today's episode does indeed fade to black after the final sequence with the pilot's voice being drowned out by choral music, and then fades up again to show the moon. This was done to accomodate the commercial break of which Neighbours has three of in Australia, however the BBC decided it was too obvious-a-break and deleted it - cutting straight to the moon instead, which I don't think was as effective.
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby pink penguin on Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:05 pm

Thanks everyone. that totally cheered me up on this miserable day. I haven't had such a good laugh at a sinner post for ages! Yay! looking forward to today's episode...ooh only 1 hour and 40 minutes (ish) to go! Highlight of my day!
pink penguin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sinner's Main Board