Home

TheSinner.net

24 season 5

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

24 season 5

Postby Kaydo. on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:00 am

Anyone else watching this? it's awesome :D
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Thackary on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:16 am

The trailer features the (written) sentence

"When our country
Face it's greatest threat" (sic)

How can a major company such as Fox let that slip through? You'd have thought that SOMEONE along the line would have maybe had an inkling that it could be wrong and they should check.

FFS.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:36 am

Season 5? Bloody hell, how did they manage to bring Jack back from officially-dead?

[hr]

This Sinner account is not affiliated with Will Watson.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:07 pm

thanks for spoiling that shock for me, ive not seen all of season 3 and any of 4 yet.
no point in watching it anymore.[img]littleicons/cross.gif[/img]

[img]littleicons/yellowtounge.gif[/img]

[hr]

Wocka Wocka
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby reason for the word witch on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:33 pm

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 10:36, 21st Jan 2006
Season 5? Bloody hell, how did they manage to bring Jack back from officially-dead?

[hr]

well, you know, if there is only one man to save the day... it`s like supply and demand :D
reason for the word witch

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:39 pm

Quoting fozzy bear from 13:07, 21st Jan 2006
thanks for spoiling that shock for me, ive not seen all of season 3 and any of 4 yet.
no point in watching it anymore.

You didn't expect even the most basic spoilers in a thread called '24 season 5'? For shame.

[hr]

Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Don on Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Quoting Kaydo. from 05:00, 21st Jan 2006
Anyone else watching this? it's awesome :D

Yeah, it's great, the first 4 eps were fantastic! I mean, the bringing of Jack back from the dead, then Nina and Terri, it is amazing!!!! (some of what I say may not be exactly true, but I have seen the first 4 eps of 24 series 5).

[hr]

Daz, makes your whites #gggggg
Don

Re:

Postby Fozzy Bear on Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:59 pm

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 18:39, 21st Jan 2006

You didn't expect even the most basic spoilers in a thread called '24 season 5'? For shame.

[hr]

naturally, i didnt, considering it was about season 5, i didnt expect people to discuss things which have occured in previous seasons.

i think the title of the thread should be edited, to have something along the lines of
**POSSIBLE SPLOILERS**

[hr]

Wocka Wocka
Fozzy Bear

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:25 am

what I don't get so far is how the trailer didn't seem to tie in at all with the first episodes. In the preview I saw Jack had long hair and wore a hoodie, whereas in the actual season 5 he starts with a shaved head!? Did they just change thier mind about the plot or catch on that Jack looks stupid with long hair. Either that or he manages to grow it all back in the space of a day. Now THAT would be far-fetched
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:36 am

.... and surviving four sets of 24hours without ONCE ever taking a piss or a shit isnt far-fetched?! The guy must live on jumk food (and you don't even see him eating either!)

Quoting Kaydo. from 00:25, 22nd Jan 2006
what I don't get so far is how the trailer didn't seem to tie in at all with the first episodes. In the preview I saw Jack had long hair and wore a hoodie, whereas in the actual season 5 he starts with a shaved head!? Did they just change thier mind about the plot or catch on that Jack looks stupid with long hair. Either that or he manages to grow it all back in the space of a day. Now THAT would be far-fetched

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:10 am

Quoting Kaydo. from 00:25, 22nd Jan 2006

The prequel was just to set the scene (and show Jack driving around in a Toyota): Jack was laying low in Chicago but somebody caught on to the fact that he was still alive so he had to leave the state. Then in the series he's in California leading a completely different life. I think they confused the issue somewhat by having both refered to as '18 months later' when presumably his identity of Frank would have taken a few months to establish (it was implied that Jack had been living with Diane and Derek for a while).

And Paranoid: Jack Bauer lives on RAW JUSTICE!

...Yeah, I'm a huge 24-nerd.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby davearnie on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:31 am

Those complaints about characters not eating or going to the toilet are really really getting old hat by now.

I mean in movies, we do not always see our characters go to the toilet, does that imply that they never do - i think not.

It is the same with 24, Jack Bauer is not onscreen for the whole show, usually just over a 3rd maybe half screen time, which gives him plenty of off screen time to go to the toilet or eat something.

So stop complaining about that one, some people really need to use their head.
davearnie

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:51 pm

But for that 3rd of screen time Jack is always in the thick of action, I mean come on when exactly would you find the time to take a slash in a dark corner whilst hunting down the new terrorist?

Old hat but still true! I am actually a die-hard fan of 24, so if you want to start going on about far fetched these other facts should be brought up as an indirect way of say "Shut the hell up and enjoy it!"

PALMER FOR PRESIDENT!
JACK FOR GOD!

P.S. Havent seen any of series 5 yet :o(

[hr]

Paranoid

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:51 pm

PALMER FOR PRESIDENT!

:'(

You do actually see alot of the other characters in the toilets in CTU in previous series, but I get the feeling big brother is proably more your sort of show if your that bothered. It may be dull as fuck but at least its realistic.
Kaydo.

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Just downloaded episodes 1-5. It's ace. Jack Bauer is so hard that I am compelled to go and buy guns.

[hr]

Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I don't give a sh*t about who goes to the toilet and when, I was just proving the point that reality sucks and action is what 24 is all about!

But now you mention it, yes others do go into the bogs during the season....but the majority of them are making undercover naughty calls! Tut, tut!

[hr]

Paranoid

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:18 pm

Quoting Paranoid from 21:50, 25th Jan 2006
But now you mention it, yes others do go into the bogs during the season....but the majority of them are making undercover naughty calls! Tut, tut!

Or discussing personal problems ala Kim quizzing Michelle on her working relationship with Tony at the beginning of season 3.

The social situation in CTU is fantastic, for all the wrong reasons. :)
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Return to The Sinner's Main Board