Home

TheSinner.net

I'm not mad BUT...

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

I'm not mad BUT...

Postby iab2 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:45 pm

I'm not mad but I just remembered that I put a four pack of double-A batteries in the fridge.

I can explain, they were in the same bag as the meat I bought and I put the bag in the fridge without checking. All very normal on the surface, just glad my flatmates didn't see me take it out...

Anyone else doing anything as clearheaded?

[hr]

IMAGE:x2.putfile.com/2/3511253355.jpg
iab2

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:48 pm

I have put many non-food items in the fridge over the years, can't think of specifics right now.

[hr]

Anyone questioning how I post on the sinner, my new way of life, will offend my "religion" and as such will be dealt with in manners inclusive but by no means exlusive of death threats, random acts of violence, maiming of the general public not involved in this matter and finally a Jihad from all my fellow religious sinners.

For years we have been oppressed by you post nazis, the time of change is upon us.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby bramble on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:55 pm

I put a full jar of mayo in the dishwasher the other day
Oh and im regularly almost throwing spoons in the bin and putting dirty plates in the fridge.
You arent alone!

[hr]

Ich will die Ruhe stören...
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:10 pm

I will regularly arrive in St Mary's Quad and forget which building I have to go into. Psych and Bio are right next door, I need a minute to remember which I'm scheduled for.

[hr]

[img]http://www.kappatauomega.co.uk/images/DrAlexSays.jpg[/img]
Main/thesinner/21242
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:11 pm

On more than one occasion I have left my room keys in the fridge. My Mum has a thing about cutting the empty foil packaging off her strips of pills, but then frequently throws out the bit with the pills still in it, instead of the empty bit. I cannot count how many times she has ended up rummaging through garbage bags trying to find her pill packets after doing that. I have on various occasions also put fridge stuff in a cupboard, or fridge stuff in a freezer. I also have a dreadful habit if I am packing to go home or something, putting valuable sor things that can be crushed inside other things, and sometimes those inside other things again, which is fine to protect them, until I get home, can't remember where I put them, and end up frantic that I have lost them. I end up tearing all my packing and bedroom to pieces trying to find them. Looking for things only to find that you are already holding them in your hand is another dumb-ass moment I do sometimes.

One of the weirdest and annoying things in the world is when you are looking for something which is actually in open view, but for some reason, because your brain is used to the image of it being there, you seem 'blind' to it, and end up searching all around for it, even though it's right in front of you: you just don't see it.

Once I was ramsacking my bedroom searching for my keys. I had turned the place upside-down about 12 times and had even stopped several times to stare very deliberately at all the obvious surfaces like my desk and bedside table, just in case my brain was doing that blind-spot thing. But I just could not find it anywhere. So in exasperation, I just stood up in the middle of my room for a breather, and started re-doing my pony-tail as I gathered my thoughts, when I glanced down, and right in front of me, in the middle of my now virtually bare desk, were my keys. I mean, how?! I was so stunned to see them there, I actually looking around me suspiciously to see if somebody had sneaking in. I am almost still convinced to this day, that I had a poltergeist or something. It was just too weird.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:18 pm

Thats not a vision problem, it's actually little people being bastards. They hide things and wait until you can serach no more then put the object in the easiest place to find. Little cunts.

[hr]

Anyone questioning how I post on the sinner, my new way of life, will offend my "religion" and as such will be dealt with in manners inclusive but by no means exlusive of death threats, random acts of violence, maiming of the general public not involved in this matter and finally a Jihad from all my fellow religious sinners.

For years we have been oppressed by you post nazis, the time of change is upon us.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby aladdinsane12 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:18 pm

Random fact: You're actually SUPPOSED to put batteries in the fridge because it makes them last longer.
aladdinsane12

Re:

Postby Thackary on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:53 pm

Same with photographic film...
Thackary

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:24 pm

Quoting Happy-Go-Lucky from 15:11, 8th Feb 2006
Once I was ramsacking my bedroom searching for my keys. I had turned the place upside-down about 12 times and had even stopped several times to stare very deliberately at all the obvious surfaces like my desk and bedside table, just in case my brain was doing that blind-spot thing. But I just could not find it anywhere. So in exasperation, I just stood up in the middle of my room for a breather, and started re-doing my pony-tail as I gathered my thoughts, when I glanced down, and right in front of me, in the middle of my now virtually bare desk, were my keys. I mean, how?! I was so stunned to see them there, I actually looking around me suspiciously to see if somebody had sneaking in. I am almost still convinced to this day, that I had a poltergeist or something. It was just too weird.

Same thing happened to me the other day - I was looking for something in the cutlery drawer, couldn't find it, took practically everything out the drawer, still couldn't find it, so gave up and went to bed. Next morning I opened that drawer for a spoon at breakfast, and found the item I'd been hunting -right on top of everything. I swear my place has a poltergeist.

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby theflirt on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:36 pm

I am constantly doing this!
normally when i come from my room i put my washing in the bin and my rubbish in the machine!
The funniest though was when my mother was looking for her glasses n found them n put them on, only to find she already had a pair on!
Makes me laugh to this day and it was about 4 years ago that she did it!!

[hr]

Oh pants!
oh pants
theflirt

Re:

Postby Smith on Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:50 pm

About six years ago I woke up in the middle of the night, and half asleep wondered into the kitchen and emptied my bladder into the bin.

I then went back to bed as if nothing had happened.

[hr]

We're not drunk, we're multi-millionaires...
IMAGE:img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ryanlewisjones/burlyman.jpg
Cake, and fine wine.
Smith

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:41 pm

I tried to put a cup of coffee in the TV, thinking it was the microwave (well, it does sit above it in the kitchen...)

And then there's the old pouring ornage juice on your weetabix instead of milk.
[hr]

image:www.magnificentoctopus.com/x/elgar.png
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:04 pm

Yup. I frequently do dumb things too - like peeling an orange and throwing the orange in the bin. Worst habit I have is of putting the milk in the cupboard and the shopping bag in the fridge - not nice when you find out the next day.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Happy-Go-Lucky on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:06 pm

Trying to change the channel on the t.v. with a calculator. I've done that a few times.

At least once I tried to pour ketchup into my drinking glass at dinner. I have no idea what was going through my head at that point. I think my brain somehow crosswired to top-up-drink-with-water-jug while I was holding the ketchup bottle.

Looking for my specs when they are already on my face. Well, what's even worse is when it feels like my specs are falling down my nose, and I try to push them up, only to find that I'm not actually wearing any specs. That can drive me made all evening, as it feels like my specs are falling off even though I'm not even wearing them, so I can't get rid of the annoying sensation. Grrr.

I have a feeling that once after removing a teabag from a cup with a teaspoon, I absent mindedly put it in my mouth instead of the bin. Man, that gave me a nasty shock. I think I've done the same thing with dry coffee granules too. It really is not nice when that happens. I end up furiously brushing my teeth afterwards to try to get rid of the taste. Ick.

[hr]

http://standrews.thefacebook.com/profil ... d=37100117
Happy-Go-Lucky

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:47 pm

I smacked myself on the forehead with a cupboard door today. I blinked and then about a minute later shouted out "OWWWW!". It simply hadn't registered.

[hr]

veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby kitty on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 pm

I used to always put my hand in my drink instead of the popcorn. That's always a fun surprise.
kitty

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting Happy-Go-Lucky from 21:06, 8th Feb 2006
I think I've done the same thing with dry coffee granules too.

Never snort raw coffee....

...That was a misjudgement of distance, though.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby Thackary on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:34 pm

Quoting Happy-Go-Lucky from 21:06, 8th Feb 2006
At least once I tried to pour ketchup into my drinking glass at dinner. I have no idea what was going through my head at that point. I think my brain somehow crosswired to top-up-drink-with-water-jug while I was holding the ketchup bottle.

In that case, you should always take your phone off the hook before doing your ironing.
Thackary

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:40 pm

Spoon in the bin, yoghurt carton in the dishwasher.
Making a cup of tea, then by the time i take a mouthfull its gone stone cold and horrible.
Coming home drunk, putting a pizza in the oven, then an hour later feelign hungry suddenly remembering its there and rushing through to battle the flames of doom.
Walking into a lamp post because i was staring at my ipod.
Nearly driving off the road because i was staring at my ipod.
Crashing the helicopter because i was staring at my ipod..etc
Squirting shaving foam into my armpits instead of deoderant (thats a real dave lister one).
Getting on the wrong train (we've all done that)
Using raw bacon to make a ham sandwich.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.thismanwillkillyou.com/bunf/AGM-duggeh.jpg
Duggeh

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:02 am

Quoting Duggeh from 23:40, 8th Feb 2006
Squirting shaving foam into my armpits instead of deoderant (thats a real dave lister one).

Holding the can of deodorant the wrong way around and spraying myself in the eyes... IT BURNS!

[hr]

image:www.magnificentoctopus.com/x/elgar.png
flarewearer

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board